“Great Staff and location”

SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Ranked #79 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Staff and location”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My stay at this hotel has been very pleasant. I will be in the Tampa area a few days each month for business (6 months). Due to the number of months I will be returning to Tampa. It was very important to me to find a location that was close to I-75 and restaurants/shopping district. I am now back a second time and I have no complaints. Very professional staff, everyone greets you, also the hotel is very clean. There is a very nice gym, pool and hot tub. This location has everything one would need when out of town for business or pleasure. Unfortunately, next month when I come back the entire hotel is booked. Chris the front desk clerk was nice enough to tell me all about the Springhill location that I will be staying at in August. Perfection at its best is at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I stay here 4 nights every month for business. This hotel is amazing for the price. The staff is very accomodating and they do everything in their power to make sure your stay is a pleasant one. The hotel is very clean. The rooms are very modern and the staff is so nice. What else can you ask for? Nice pool and hot tub out back and close to the Brandon Mall. Oh and there is an awesome free breakfast every morning. Waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, bagels, juice. Coffee is available all day. Wednesday night they have free beer and wine! I have also stayed at the surrounding marriott hotels (residence inn) and this is by far my #1 choice in the area. It is my home away from home.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My stay at the hotel was hassle-free and quite well accomodated. Relocating to the area I needed a central location while establishing a more permanent residence and I was at the Brandon location for two weeks. Each and every time I passed the guest counter, there was a smile and an urgency to please coming from the other side of the counter. The staff is awesome. The complimentary breakfast goes well beyond the typical continental breakfast, which is a cost savings in itself. The hotel sits close enough to I75 for a convenience factor, but far enough from street traffic that it is not disturbing. Great restaurants and shopping are within 10 minutes travel. I would absolutely recommend this establishment and stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I travel for business (75+ nights/year), but this stay was for my son's wedding for ourselves and relatives traveling in. The physical property met all of our expectations... clean, comfortable, very well-kept, no surprises. The service and the staff, however, were outstanding. Quite honestly, as good as any 5-star hotel I've stayed in (and I've had the privilege of staying in a few). Not one or two good employees, but every, single employee we encountered engaged us with genuine caring about making the weekend special for all of us and seemed happy to go the extra mile. From securing an extra microwave to reheat rehearsal-dinner leftovers for lunch (which they kept in the hotel refrigerator), to making us feel good at 1:30 in the morning while waiting in the lobby for flight-delayed relatives to arrive.... So many gestures -- large and small -- from everyone on this great staff contributed to a hotel experience that exceeded all expectations. As a customer-service consultant with high expectations, I will be making this property a story of great customer service I will talk about in speeches and workshops again and again. Very highly recommended... obviously.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had a group of 22 with a 2 day conference near Brandon. This hotel offered rooms for 5 with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. I called the hotel directly for the reservations a couple weeks ahead to reserve 4 rooms, and called the morning of for an additional room.

They were helpful on the phone, emailed immediate confirmations after I got off the phone. When I checked in, they recognized the name and told me with going to the computer where our rooms were located.

The rooms were clean, the staff from the front desk to the janitor to the breakfast staff all greeted us kindly so we knew we were appreciated.

The breakfast was as advertised with a variety of hot and cold foods to add to the value. The room was a little more than I wanted to pay, but being able to have 5 per room, did help the value.

Room Tip: Hotel is away from the expressway, so road noise not a problem.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 April 2012

The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. Check in was easy with no problems. The issues that I had which was beyond the staffs control was that the walls are very thin and the mattresses are VERY uncomfortable. I was surprised by the mattress because I have never had a bad experience at a Marriott chain before. Corporate should realize that a comfortable well made mattress is an investment since people are paying their money to get a good night sleep which is impossible on these mattresses. The mattress should be their #1 concern but these things are HORRIBLE! Also, make sure you put your do not disturb sign up because if you don't the maid will be knocking on your door at 8am!

I would stay here again just because of the conveinent location and nice staff but I would bring my own pillow and a sleeping pill to get through the night.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed at the Spring Hill Suites for one night. We were traveling with family, total 4 adults and one toddler. We had enough room for everyone. When we arrived the room was not ready but we knew that an early check-in is not guaranteed. Since we wanted to go to the nearby Renaissance Faire anyway we did not have a problem with that. The receptionist was very, very courteous and friendly. When we came back later that day we checked in and were pleasantly surprised that the hotel has a whirlpool. When I booked the room it did not list a whirlpool, just an outside pool. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, The Hotel also offers a complimentary Breakfast, not just your ordinary continental breakfast, they offer Eggs, sausage, a variety of breads, cereals, fruit, waffles and so much more.We would like to stay at the Springhill Suites again next year when we visit the Renaissance faire. I can only recommend this hotel to other.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family