“Very clean, good service- great value”

SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Ranked #75 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Helena, Alabama
“Very clean, good service- great value”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed 2 nights during the 4th of July weekend. This hotel has modern decor in the lobby area and in the rooms. Nice outdoor pool and hot tub. Small fitness room- but plenty of equipment for a good workout. The rooms (we had 2 rented) had a seating area that consisted of a small sofa and chair. The sofa pulled out to make a small bed. Bedding was soft and comfortable mattresses on all beds. Bathrooms were very clean. The staff was very helpful and polite. Location was convenient to all Tampa area attractions and beaches. Brandon has its fair share of restaurants and shopping itself.

Room Tip: Nice breakfast. Plenty of variety for everyone in our group.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I'm a meeting planner for a large organization and I would return here over and over again. A volunteer secured hotel rooms at a competing nearby hotel that did not meet our minimum standards (safety, cleanliness, service) but thankfully we located this "home away from home". The front desk staff was so understanding of the dilema (five families each with children needing a hotel for a week with a shortage of rooms in the area due to a large sporting event) and quickly accommodated everyone, first settling the families into rooms and then handing the business details (room list, tax exemption and payment) with me over the phone. Reviews from the families were outstanding, "spacious room", "great breakfast", "very convenient location" and best of all it was reasonably priced. The personal service from the staff will be the one thing most memorable, I called early the next morning to make sure all the details were in place and the front desk associate who handled everything Sunday evening was there at the desk again on Monday morning and recognized my voice over the phone and called me by name! She assured me that our guests were very comfortable and happy, so we will be sure to return to this hotel the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Roy F
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I am a business traveller and booked the SpringHill Suites in Brandon, FL for two nights. Overall, I was disappointed with this hotel. I booked a King Suite and when I got to my room, I was surprised to find two double beds. After I verified my confirmation email, I called to the front desk and asked to be placed in the room I had reserved. The manager came on the phone to tell me that they were sold out for the night and my room had been given to someone with higher Marriott status that had called in a reservation in the previous 24 hours. I was shocked that she would share this information with me! The room that I was assigned also had a direct view of the concrete wall that supports the overhang at the entrance. I explained that this was unacceptable and that I wanted a different room. She obliged and put me in a different room but the damage was done and she had made me feel like an unimportant guest.

The room itself was fine. The space is sparsely decorated and felt like a lower end hotel.

The fitness center is fine, two treadmills, an elliptical and a stationary bike. There weren't many towels available but it was clean and properly cooled. I did not use the pool (looks nice and clean) or eat breakfast.

There is a shopping center within walking distance with some food. If you feel like dining in your suite, I would highly recommend Mobile Meals. They deliver food from quite a few local places and delivery is relatively quick. You can also choose from healthier options versus the standard pizza delivery.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the second floor to avoid a view of the concrete overhang.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveling-Roo
Lacey, Washington
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel several years back with the design including the tempered glass windows was the new Springhill style. It's amazing that only a few years later the design looks a little old. If I could rate this hotel 3.5 stars, I would. A 3 is a little too low and a 4 would be just a smidge too high. If you are looking for a hotel of solid value, I would say this is a good choice in the Brandon area. It's close to many restaurants and the location was convenient. Just be sure to look for the complex with the Office Depot, as it's on a street just a block or two down the road.

A few things to note on this stay, the water took quite a long while to get hot at night. I was almost worried I was going to have to take a luke-warm shower after a long travel day, I would advise you to give it a few minutes. The linens were clean, but the mattress was a little on the saggy side. Unfortunately my socks were a bit discolored after my stay, so strongly recommend you wear socks when walking the room. They really should think about cleaning the carpets. The room also smelled a bit metallic. I'm not sure where it came from, but would guess the AC unit. I don't want them to over freshen the room, but is something to look at. The reason I chose this hotel was the location to my office, as well as the rate. For what I paid it was a good value, actually an excellent value.

Springhill doesn't provide a lot of thrills to Rewards members. There are some lollipops in the lobby and free breakfast, but nothing to distinguish it. I've found the Hilton brands provide some great benefits for members including choices of a snack and drink. Just something they may want to think about.

The construction of this hotel seemed pretty solid as I could clearly hear my neighbors TV blarring in the hallway, but when I got into my room I wasn't able to hear it at all.

Honestly, it's difficult for me to find many faults with this hotel, besides the carpet issue and the potential not fresh smell. It's really an average Springhill that provides the larger room style, a flat panel TV with closed caption and a good rate. It didn't wow me enough to give it a full 4 stars, but was comfortable enough.

Room Tip: Facing the front of the hotel may be a bit more quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RedHeadGo
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I am Platinum Elite with Marriott so perhaps I have a more discerning view than some but I was not impressed with this property. There was nothing particulary "wrong" with it, it just wasn't a standout in any way to include the approach to the hotel. You have to be really lbe ooking for it or you will drive right past it as the sign in hidden among the trees and the building is a little set back from the road. There is a lot of traffic in the area which makes turning around cumbersome but you can't hear the traffic noise in the rooms. The front desk was efficient but not personable, they barely acknowledged me coming or going. This is an older Springhill and hasn't yet been updated with the newer cooler color schemes found in many other Springhill Suite hotels. The elevator has to be the slowest in the city. The rooms were comfortable, spacious and quiet with a separate sitting area, microwave, fridge, and flat screen tv. The breakfast was up to par and makes for a nice start to your day except that the coffee was weak. It's a good thing you can make your own in your room. :) This experience is one that I would rate as just average, still it was an OK place to stay with few complaints except for the elevator and a modest price tag for all the amenites. The gym area was nice and the parking is free. If you are looking for good value for the money spent then you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheryl G
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I've stayed here two years in a row because of it's convenience to where I'm working in town. Good location, lots of food options nearby. Close to interstate, which is very helpful. Older SpringHill, just average for the brand.
Breakfast is ok. Rooms slightly dated, but good setup. Free wifi was frustrating, seemed I had to keep signing in.
Pool area was clean, but small.
Nothing really terrible or great to say about it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Wellington, Florida, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I traveled to Tampa for work and am very glad I stayed at this hotel. It was centrally located to many good eating establishments and my meeting location. The hotel itself was clean, comfortable and the front desk staff were great!
No restaurant on-site therefore my Very Good rating. Breakfast looked good, however, I did not have tiem to enjoy it. I did not use or order room service.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
#77 of 162 in Tampa
Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!