“Great Stay for Great NFL Game!”

SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Ranked #76 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Easy check in and warm welcoming from front desk! My daughter & son stayed here while they went to root for our home team Miami Dolphins! The room was clean and comfortable! The pool was beautiful but way to cold to jump in even thought it's August! The Breakfast station was delicious! Wait staff was friendly! The stay was just for overnight but We do recommend this nice hotel! It's near the Brandon Mall, cheesecake factory is there! Yum! Just jump on 4 & ur in Downtown Tampa within minutes!

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here for four nights (7/5 - 7/9). I was concerned when I found out the they were doing renovations. To my surprise, the only way I knew they were working was I did see the truck in the parking lot. The beds were comfortable (I like them a little hard). The pillows could use replacing (they were too small and lumpy). The room was always clean (we were on the first floor). The staff was nice and helpful, we had to make a change to our reservation and they were very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HockeyMom365
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

When we arrived We had to ask for an accessible room and thank God they had space for us... without extra charges.
Breakfast buffet was awesome and delicious, as usual.
Attention from counter was great.
We were visiting from Honduras and hope to come back soon!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had booked weeks prior, indicating our late arrival. Called day of to give an exact time of 1AM. Told no problem. Room would be held. Surprise. Get there and there is not a person in sight. Having just driven 17 hours with 4 kids I thought we had everything covered. Apparently, not! After banging on the door for 15 minutes, a guest actually walked by and let me in. I then tried locating an employee. When the night manager finally ran down the hall to me(it is now 1:30 am) all I want is my room. Oops they gave it away.so after assuring me they would hold my room less than 10 hours ago, they gave it away. My compensation, 5000 Marriott points for my trouble and they sent me next door at the same rate. Only problem is that that hotel was actually $10 cheaper. Not same rate. Horrible service and I wish I listened to the reviewer that had a similar experience. I had hoped my phone call would guarantee the room hold, but it clearly did not.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Javamt
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I had reserved two rooms for two nights, we were in the area on business. As Marriott Platinum Elite members, we have stayed in countless locations with great success.
The elevator doors closed and the elevator failed to move. We tried again, same outcome. I returned to the desk and was actually told that the doors do not close properly and that we should push on the doors to operate the elevator! That is completely unacceptable, so I asked for first floor rooms.
The stench of heavily perfumed air freshener was overwhelming and made staying there impossible. What foul smell are they trying to mask?? When we immediately returned to the desk to check out, a housekeeper told us that we should call ahead and tell them not to spray the room and that they "don't spray the fabric" in the room. #1, I should guess that they spray the room? #2, where does she think the spray lands if not on the filthy furniture and carpet?
The management needs to go in each room and ask themselves if they would put their families in there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed here with my mother, father and 14 year old son during memorial day weekend. We mainly came out here to go to one of the Tampa Bay Rays vs. Red Sox baseball games. This hotel is pretty close to The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, so it was a great location. Unfortunately, that's about the only good thing about this hotel, the location. Restaurants and shopping nearby.

I'm not quite sure where to begin, the staff was unwelcoming. With the exception of one younger girl at the front desk, I wish I could remember her name, I made sure to thank her for her friendly service. She has straight, longer brownish hair, hope this helps.

Lets begin with their Wi-Fi service, it is horrible. We continued having to keep logging in every few minutes because we kept getting disconnected. The beds do feel like cardboard, yes it's true. Before we stayed here I had read some of the other reviews and it was hard for me to believe how everyone was talking about how uncomfortable their beds were. Because usually the Marriott hotels have really comfortable beds, but these beds at this location really are horrible.

I went down to the lobby at around 10:00pm for a cup of coffee, and it was cold. So I went up to the front desk to see if maybe there was a chance that there was some hot coffee available. There was no one there as I waited a few minutes. I had to go around the counter where there's a door to an office and peek my head in and say: "hello, excuse me, is there any hot coffee available" ? and the lady that was in there, a black lady, could have cared less about being polite or even saying hello, all she said was "No", and I just said: "okay thank you", and just walked away.

The next morning we went down for their complimentary breakfast which was very good. The ladies working the breakfast area, are not very friendly at all. They will stand there and watch your every move, which made me feel uncomfortable. There was a moment when I was trying to get a bagel with my dad and one of the ladies was impatiently standing behind us waiting for us, and I apologized and said "I'm sorry, are we in your way"? and we kindly moved out of her way, to let her in to do what she needed to do, but she sarcastically said "No, go ahead finish" ... very unprofessional. Also, I'm not sure if this is all of the time, but the place was crowded with a girls soccer team, so getting something to eat in the morning is a challenge with everyone hovering over you.

The swimming pool area closes at 11pm, but since my son did not have a chance to go earlier in the day, we decided to go down for a few minutes at around 10:50pm, and when we got there the man working the pool area sternly stated that we didn't have much time left before they closed and allowed my son to stay for maybe 20 minutes passed 11:00. He returned shortly after and said: "Okay, Time to Go" ... not professional in my eyes, but that's what he said and the way he said it was just off. My son is very quiet and mild mannered, he's not much of a talker and he was just trying to sit in the pool and relax for a little while. So we went upstairs.

I went with my dad to The Hard Rock for about an hour or two, and got back at 2:30am when we noticed that there were about 10 people in the swimming pool making noise, laughing, drinking and being very loud, I couldn't believe that my son was basically kicked out earlier that night, and yet these people were allowed to stay there and drink alcohol and be loud.

As we checked out the following day, I did mention the swimming pool situation to the same nice girl that we checked-in with, and she apologized and told me she was aware of the drunks in the pool at 2:30am.

I wouldn't want to stay here again, it wasn't the greatest experience. We decided to stay another night in Tampa, and The Homewood Suites which is a little further down the road across the street was incredible, we were very pleased there and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was able to check in much earlier than the posted times, the staff was courteous and helpful when my coworkers and I had questions...recommended several good places nearby to eat dinner...stocked the breakfast buffet in a very timely manner. My room was a little bit sandy the first day I was in there, which was not because of my adventures that day....but the sand was quickly cleaned up. My room was comfortable, clean, and spacious. An earlier review noted this hotel was on a busy road and to request a room in the back of the hotel...I don't recall hearing a lot of street noise during my stay. I would definitely consider staying at this hotel again if work brought me to Tampa.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business