“I LOVED MY STAY!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bradley Beach, New Jersey
“I LOVED MY STAY!”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I was moving my daughter into her last year at the University of Tampa when the East Coast got hit hard by Hurricane Irene, They shut the airports down for two days and I couldn't get back to NJ. Your staff was so friendly and helpful everyday to me. My room was beautiful and very clean. I ate breakfast every morning in the hotel and your men who got my car everyday were so nice and always happy. I didn;t have any reservations just walked in and was treated like royalty everyday. They made me feel so happy everyday day in a bad situation that I ended up staying three nights until I finally got my flight back to NJ. I plan to stay there in May when my daughter graduates with our family and friends. Thanks a million to everyone in your staff. You all deserve an A+..

Room Tip: This visit I had a balcony two nights city side and my last night water side absoutely beautiful wit...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank aquashell8
crystalrivera, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
Greetings aquashell8! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on our hotel. It is always rewarding to hear such great feedback from our guests. Sorry to hear about your flight situation but glad you were able to stay with us instead where everyone treated you as royalty! I'm sure sending your daughter off to college was hard in itself but atleast we were there to make it easier for you. We can't wait to have you back in May when she graduates! See you again soon...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Your desk person on check-in - Monday around 3ish was GREAT - a guy, can't remember his name. Very nice, personable and helpful. I could tell he was there to help me with anything.
Thanks...Bo

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Hello Bo...Glad to hear that your check in experience was fabulous. Our front desk clerks take pride in the service they deliver and it's always great hearing feedback as yours. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The front desk supervisor, Matt, was exceptional and was one of the best at recognizing our Gold Status and giving us a great room. We very much appreciated it. As well, the lady who worked the Club Room Friday evening and Saturday morning, was very helpful and kind.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
crystalrivera, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2011
Greetings Sunblader! Thank you for your recent review on our hotel/team. As you mentioned, we take pride in delivering exceptional service to all our guests expecially our Starwood Preferred Guests. We're glad to hear that Matt did an exceptional job recognizing your Gold Status and that you enjoyed the service from our Club Lounge. Thank you again and we truly hope to see you again soon.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 22 August 2011

5th or 6th visit and the staff never disappoints! I love being on the river and close to The University of Tampa. Easy access and convenient location. I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Riverview is a must!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 505050
crystalrivera, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Greetings! Thank you so much for being a loyal guest of ours. We appreciate the fact that you have chosen us every time you traveled to Tampa. As you mentioned, the staff here is "awesome" and we are truly glad to have them. We pride ourselves in the product and service we provide and are glad to hear you experienced it first hand. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 August 2011

stayed at hotel for a few nights while visiting tampa. nice hotel; staff was friendly. location was good as well. we enjoyed the room and having a balcony to sit on and watch the sunset; that was our favorite part of this hotel! the restaurant has a pretty nice breakfast. the only thing we did not really care for was the valet parking but that is just something we prefer not to have. good stay!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marine-CajunQueen
Plano, TX
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The hotel is more motel-like than many big city Sheratons. Not bad, but not exactly what I was expecting based on the hotel web photos. Service by front desk was very good. Valet parking quick (but I agree with others, WAY overpriced at $16 to park in their own garage. A little steep most would agree.)

Like others, my biggest issue was housekeeping. Spartan room should be easy to keep clean, but any request (towels, linens, etc) was met with some attitude.

I also noted very (VERY) poor insulation. I was woken up by every group coming up and own the hall, hearing every word of their conversation as if I was walking with them. (Likewise with the room next door. Walls must have zero insulation.)

Overall, an ok stay for a three star hotel. If I needed to, I could stay here again, but not more than one night.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Bus_Travel_TX
crystalrivera, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Greetings Bus_Travel_TX! We are glad to hear that you were very pleased with the service by our front desk. Our team work hard to deliver the best service we can and enjoy in making a difference in every stay. In regards to the parking, our hotel is actually priced lower than all the other hotels in Downtown Tampa, many of the other hotels charge anywhere between $18 to $20. Please know that we are currently looking into the housekeeping issues you noted and will make any corrective actions needed. Also, we currently hired a new General Manager who has implemented several positive procedures to improve several aspects in the hotel. We are sure that if you return back to our hotel that you would be pleased with your stay. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I have just returned from a 14 night stay at this hotel and I was appauled by the housekeeping.
It took me 3 days to have my towels changed even though I followed the hotel instructions of putting them on the floor each day.
I soon learnt that if you leave $5 on top they were changed each day.
After 5 days I had to leave a note and $10 on the bed to have my sheets changed.
The garbage bins were emptied only if you put them in the doorway so they had to trip over them to get into the room.
In the 14 nights I stayed there the room was finally vaccumed on day 12 but only after I complained to reception about a cockroach that had been on the floor since day 1.
Cost $65 in extortion.
Generally the hotel is well positioned and close to popular Tampa Bay and a short trolley car ride to historic Ybor.
So if you were only looking at staying only 1 or 2 nights it was not a bad place to stay.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of spare cash to leave for the cleaners you might get some service.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank 2foodies255060
crystalrivera, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2011
Greetings our friends from Sydney! We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review about your recent stay. Please know we take every accusation seriously and are currently looking into this. We pride ourselves in delivering great service, clean and comfortable rooms, and a great experience and would like to assure you that this is absolutely not our way of doing business. We would love to have another chance to prove this to you by having you stay at our hotel again if you ever find yourself in Tampa again. Thank you again for staying with us for 2 weeks straight. We know how hard traveling away from home can be and appreciate you choosing our hotel.