“Rewards - Preferred Program”

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel
Ranked #67 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I booked the Tampa Riverwalk for 10 nights for a conference. I hold a Starwood Preferred Guest card - Preferred Business. I have nothing but trouble utlizing the concierge lounge and have been told that with this Sheraton it is for Gold and Platinum Preferred only. I have never been turned away at any other Sheraton and the craziness is that I am getting the other preferred rewards - newspaper, etc. Had I known I would not have the use of the lounge i would not have booked here. This Sheraton is not doing the Sheraton name any favors.

Room Tip: If you expect to make use of the Sheraton Preferred rewards during your stay, you will be disappoint...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,262)

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel is older but recently renovated. The rooms are very nice! Upon check-in were given a free upgrade to a suite which had two seperate rooms and two seperate full bathrooms. Each room had a flat screen television. The living room was a good size with a full sofa, armchair, desk, microwave and refrigerator (the appliances were a bit dated but functional). The view of the city was very nice as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed here for five nights in April with our two kids. I recommend requesting a room with a balcony and on the river side. We were on the first floor, city side, no balcony. Our room was very quiet and our housekeeping service was extremely good. The bathroom was small without much vanity space for items. The air conditioning unit was quiet and kept the room temperature where we wanted it. The pool area was extremely nice with many tables and chairs. The pool was very large. The view of the river on the pool deck was nice. A Publix grocery store is only 1/2 mile away so it is a great place to get snacks and breakfast items. The hotel is convenient to walk to the Tampa Bay Times Forum and Channelside.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside, balcony room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2012

They welcomed me with open arms. Great people and relaxed stay. I didn't feel like I had to dart through all the hum hum people. Beautiful place to stay. The town was to rush rush but the stay was great!!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Room was fine, a bit dated, but seemed clean. Tub didn't drain properly. They were powerwashing the outside of the hotel and we were hit with the spray while sitting by the pool. Turns out they were using bleach and it ruined a shirt and shorts. When I told the front desk, they did nothing about it... "sorry but this has been scheduled for weeks and we can't change anything". They picked the peak time to spray over the pool - not much thought put into it. Others complained too but to no avail. Most ended up leaving the pool area. Very disappointing. It could have been done in the early hours when the pool area is shady and no one is out there. Did like the shuttle service and it was close to University of Tampa, which was the purpose of the visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My daughter stayed here with her theatre troupe during the Florida State Thespian Festival. I went up for one day to attend her performance, and I loved this hotel. Walking distance to the Convention Center, Straz Center, Tampa Theatre and the St Pete Times Forum. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was beyond patient and nice. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed at the Sheraton for one night post-cruise. Got this hotel by bidding on priceline. I called ahead and told them we would be checking in early. Although I knew it was not guaranteed, I didn’t expect to be waiting until 4pm check-in. We sat in the very small hotel lobby for hours until our room was ready. I understand it was not the hotel’s fault, but it did put a damper on my thoughts of it. We saw other people checking in and getting their room keys right away, so we went up to see if our rooms were ready. Surprisingly they were, although nobody at the front desk let us know. The lobby is super small and where we were sitting was steps away from the front desk, not to mention that there were 7 of us. We had an antsy 2 year old running around, so it would have been nice for the front desk to advise us of our rooms being ready as soon as they were instead of waiting for us to ask.

The rooms were surprisingly spacious and clean, but the carpet was dated. Beds were very comfy. The hotel provided a free shuttle to take us within a 3 mile radius, which was very convenient. Overall it was an okay hotel for the price we paid, but because of the rough check-in & poor front desk service, I would not stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family