Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel
US$185
US$168
Travelocity
1,303 results
All reviewsriver viewashley streethillsborough riverthe club loungeconvention centerfree shuttlewithin a mile radiusybor cityshuttle servicehotel restaurantthe entire staffnice poolhousekeeping staffamalie arenavaletriverviewmarcus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I think some of the reviews on this hotel are a little too harsh. I stayed here for one night while on business in September 2012. Yea, I guess the hotel wasn't built last year, but its still nice. It does show its age in some places, but the tv, bathroom and bed were all modern and/or remodeled. What more could you ask for?

They gave me a room on the street side. If you have the chance, I would request a room on the river side as it will no doubt have a nicer view. On the street side in a moderate size city, there was some city noise, but nothing you haven't heard in any downtown city hotel. Maybe its because I grew up in the city, but I slept like a baby.

The parking was a bit high and they require that you valet. Again, not uncommon in a downtown city hotel. All in all, I would stay here again. Its not the newest hotel in Tampa, but its not the most expensive either. Staff was very nice and bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: If you have the chance, request river side room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
crivera01, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Hello JHN35! Thanks for taking the time to submit a review based on your past stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel from your room to the staff. As you mentioned, parking is offered at the property at $18 a day but it is actually one of the lowest in Downtotn Tampa. You also were so kind to state how our furnishings are very modern like which is also a great perk about staying with us. Yes, our hotel is a bit older but everything within it isn't. Thanks again for the great feedback and we hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed 13 September 2012

We booked this through Priceline and stayed for 1 night before our cruise. Overall, it is a great place to stay and is very comfortable.

POSITIVES:
- Great location...right in downtown, 10 min from airport, 5 min from cruise port, right on the river, a few blocks from restaurants
- Pool is right on the waterfront and is nice
- Staff was very friendly and helpful with our questions
- Free shuttle goes anywhere in a 3-mile radius, including the cruise port. This was great for us.

NEGATIVES:
- The hotel shows its age. While everything has been remodeled and is in decent shape, we found several things showing age including cracked lamp shades, burnt out lights in the swimming pool, older-looking shower tiles, worn carpet, cracking paint, etc.
- We didn't bring a car, but parking was very expensive
- No airport shuttle
- Expensive breakfast

While there are some negatives, I would definitely stay here again. Despite showing some age, the property is very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
crivera01, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Hello esd87! First and foremost, thanks for taking the time to complete a review based on your past stay with us. It's input like yours that help us build the hotel to the exceptional level we are aiming for. As you noted there are several great things about our property, from the location to the courtesy shuttle to the superb service. In regards to your concern about our parking, please note that although we charge $18 a day, it's actually one of the lower parking rates in Downtown Tampa. Also, we offer a courtesy shuttle within 3 miles and offer an option for airport transportation thru our third party partner, Blue One at $10 each way- which is more than half the cost of a cab at about $25 each way. We understand the hotel is starting to show it's age which is why we are pleased to share that we are in the planning stage for an upcoming renovation which will touch every corner of the property. We hope this helped with some of your concerns, and can encourage you to give us another shot on your next cruise trip. Thanks again and hope to see you again

Reviewed 9 September 2012

But the rest of the room was torn up. Wonder what Republican stayed here for the convention. As I said the bed was comfortable but the rest of the room seemed to be in the middle of a renovation. The carpet was so soiled I wore my socks. The balcony was unusable and they didn't finish painting tr room. Hopefully I can post my pictures.

• Stayed: September 2012

Hello Shawn! We are very sadden to hear that your stay with us wasn't a pleasant one. Please now that we have shared your input with our housekeeping and maintenance team so that they can look into further. We'd like to reassure you as well that this isn't the norm for our property and hope you can give us another shot. Thanks again for your input as it can only help us. Thanks

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Due to airline delays, we were unable to make our connecting flight to Tampa. I called the hotel and they said I needed to fax them some airline information showing that the airline had delayed one of my flights. I got the information, but when I got home and checked my credit card statement, the hotel had already issued me a full refund for the unused room. This was for a non-refundable room that I had booked online too.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Dennis K

Hello Dennis! Sorry you had to experience some flight delays and issues while trying to head to Tampa although it's great to hear that we were able to work with your non-refundable reservation and apply a full refund for you. Please know that we try to do everything we can to help our guests as it was proven to you. Hope to see you soon on your next Tampa trip.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Many thanks to all of the staff at the Sheraton for welcoming the GOP convention attendees with open arms last week. Although I do have to agree with some of the prior reviews on the "worn" condition of the rooms - the Sheraton can easily fix that by scheduling a renovation. What you can't buy is a staff that works from dusk to dawn taking care of customers. Special thanks to Gabby (front desk), Dante (Club level) and Marcia and Ms. Frances (Cleaning Staff). If you want to have a worry free visit - plan a trip to the Sheraton Riverwalk.

Room Tip: The lobby bar has a great burger and pours some wonderful wines by the glass!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business