“Great Customer Service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
DeLand, Florida
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed at this Sheraton while visiting the aquarium. Although the rooms could stand to be updated, you could not ask for nicer employees. One of the employees even met us at our room with a cookie for my four year old grandson, when he heard me call him a cookie monster. The room was clean, the employees were responsive when we asked for towels,etc. and the room was quiet. All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The receptionist upgraded our room to a river view.
Green Features: Sheraton will give you points if you choose to skip having your room cleaned for the day.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Ignacio H, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Hello Peppermint50,
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your clean room, the responsiveness of our staff, and that you wouldn't hesitate to return. Your story about the staff member meeting you at your guest room door with a cookie for your grandson after overhearing you calling him a cookie monster is a perfect example of the unique and memorable guest experiences we asks our associates to try to provide for each of our guests. We're also proud to announce that we will be undergoing some renovations later this year to address the dated appearance in some of our guest rooms. We invite you to return after the project is completed so you can experience the refreshed Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
southwest florida
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I put a bid on priceline and was stuck for 2 nights. First, the staff is fantastic. The valet men were so nice, as well as the woman working the front desk. I had the smallest room, 5th floor, city view. The view was great.
When I walked into the room, it just looked very old and dated. There was a huge stain on the floor (it looked like a previous dog went to the bathroom & they tried their best to clean it up). The both headboards were extremely worn. There were so many scratches, I prayed my pillow wouldn't touch it. The bathroom is SO SMALL I couldn't believe it. You literally have a 2 foot by 2 foot square to stand between the tub, toilet and sink. The tub is very old, I would not let my kids take baths. The paint, curtains, chair all looked very old and worn.
Although, the bed was actually quite comfortable, there was a lot of noise from outside. You can hear the train down the block in the middle of the night.
Lastly, we turned the air down as low as it could go (65) and it still felt like it was 80 degrees.

Room Tip: I wish I had photos to share. Same on me.
2 Thank chris j
Hello ChrisJ,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking a moment to review your experience. First, we're glad to hear that you found our valet staff and front desk staff to be fantastic. We truly pride ourselves on our customer service and we're happy to hear that you experienced this first hand during your visit. We're sorry that the conditions of your guest room were not satisfactory. We're excited to share that we will be undergoing renovations later this year to address the dated appearance and conditions of some of our guest rooms. This project is expected to be completed by the end of this year. We hope you'll consider staying with us again after the renovation and that you'll take a moment to tell us about your experience then. Unfortunately, being in a busy, urban, downtown, there are times when our guests experience street noise and the occasional train heading to the Port of Tampa in the early hours. We lament that there is little we can do about that. Again, we're sorry your experience was not 100% satisfactory. If you'd like to speak to us about your experience further, please contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with our General Manager, Mr. Joe Jennings for assistance.
nfm
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I was surprised to find a nice room facing the water. The color lights which lit the water way at night was a pleasant surprise The balcony was a great place to relax while having my breakfast. The extra for room service was well worth the money. I 275 was close so you could go to a lot of attractions or St Pete. If going to airport remember to go south I 275. Staff was friendly my waiter was very helpful, recommend the salmon. Sometime the little extras make the difference, I am not a big soap person prefer the gels but the mandarin and mint soap was great. I have stayed at many hotels but the big fluffy pillows and bed was excellent.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money to get the water view it will make the trip
Green Features: The light blubs were energy efficient and they recycle
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank merceede
Greetings Merceede,
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk for your recent visit. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. We're delighted to hear that our culinary staff and your waiter in particular made such a great impression. We agree that it's the little touches that make guest experiences memorable. We're also glad to hear you found our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed to be comfortable. We hope you'll consider us again the next time your travels bring you to Tampa.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights 5 years ago. I loved it then. So, when I took my family to Tampa a week ago, I didn't think to book anywhere else, and recommended it to a few friends that traveled with us.

When we arrived, I was told to wait a minute for some help with our bags. Help never came. I loaded our bags onto a baggage cart. Whatever, not a big deal. As I pushed it into the lobby though, I was told by the valet that I could borrow it but needed to bring it back to the lobby. Okay.

In the room, 3 of the 4 pillows had hair on them, so did the bed sheets. Had to ask that they be changed.

The balcony door faced the city and didn't close all the way. The room was humid and the downtown traffic woke me up at least 3 times.

The breakfast was underwhelming. And was ultimately free as a result of the sheets.

That gesture was enough to keep me from writing a bad review. After all, things happen.

But this afternoon I realized the hotel charged me the full price of the room twice AND a third charge of $44 (the cost of the breakfast).

Their accounting office is closed till Monday so no one could help me until then.

Personally, if I leave a hotel I don't want to worry about checking my bank account to make sure they haven't ripped me off. This is more annoying than any of the inconveniences, large or small, that we experienced while there.

I will never stay there again.

3 Thank RARECES
Ignacio H, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Greetings RARECES,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk for your recent stay. We're extremely sorry to hear that your stay was such a disappointment. We'd be very interested in speaking with you directly to get more specifics about the dates and times of the interactions with our staff members so we can properly address these concerns with those associates. Please contact our general manager, Joe Jennings at the hotel directly at your earliest convenience to discuss this and to ensure we get the matter of the charge rectified immediately.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Location is probably the best in Tampa besides Waterside Marriott.
Great views! Really liked the open lobby business center/computer area. Workout room was pretty good.
The Pool is right next to the River. Great area to hang out.
Their in house restaurant Ashley Grille is good with very friendly staff. Front Dest staff was the star of this hotel though. They were all incredibly helpful and pleasant. Honestly you couldn't get through the lobby without some staff member saying hello or asking if you needed anything.

Negatives: Hotel is very run down and it's noticeable. Carpets, furniture, linens in rooms really worn. TV in our room went in and out. Going from the public areas to the room was disappointing. The biggest disappoinment for me was the valet staff. It's valet only so you have to use them no matter what. Our initial arrival to the hotel is not what I'm used to when traveling. We pulled up and 2 valet's looked like they were talking with a taxi driver and could not be bothered. We sat there looking at them and I finally had to ask if they could help us with the check in process. Their response to me was "Yeah we'll get ya, you should have said something sooner" Really? A couple times when arriving back to the hotel early evening no valet staff could be found. I once sent my wife upstairs to the room while I waited to hand over our keys. When one finally came out he told me to wait for him to get back from getting a car for a guest waiting to leave (who had been standing there with me for over 5 minutes as well). He could not have just taken my keys with him and let me go upstairs? I just left my keys on his desk hoping someone random would not take them. On another note, these guys NEVER opened the door for my wife. I actually walked back around the car twice to do it myself while the valet staff stared at me doing it.

Overall the hotel is good.
Just needs renovation and a staff change in one area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MiamiLawman
Greetings MiamiLawman,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit. We're thrilled to hear that you find our location, amenities, and staff to be amongst the best available amongst hotel options in Tampa. We appreciate your endorsement.

We're extremely dissapointed to hear about your experience with our valet staff. We tend to get very positive feedback from our guests regarding our valet team and are very interested in learning more about the specifics of your encounters so we can address this with the staff members in question directly. Please contact our General Manager, Joe Jennings at the hotel directly at your earliest convenience.

We're happy to share that we are about to being a capital intensive renovation and building project to address the dated condition of some of our guest rooms. They will each be refreshed by the end of this year so that all of our guest rooms will have a more modern look and feel. We hope you'll be able to come back after this project is completed so you can share your impressions about the changes.
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I enjoyed my ten days in the Riverwalk. The staff was friendly, the service quick. I enjoyed the fact that our housekeeper, for most of the stay, really made me, and my classmates, feel extra special! When I called the front desk, they would immediately look into the matter. I ate my dinner a few times in the restaurant/lounge, could watch all the activity along the river. All in all, I felt as if I was in a swanky(high-end) bed and breakfast. Wonderful, and I can't wait for next term!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Ignacio H, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Hello Kay W,

Thank you for spending the ten days with us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and are pleased to hear that the friendly service from your room attendant made you and your classmates feel extra special. We look forward to having you and your classmates as our guests again soon.