“Good hotel if you can get a great deal” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel
Ranked #59 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Good hotel if you can get a great deal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel for business, the lobby area looks great like it's recently been renovated but the rest of the hotel including the rooms look like they could use some work, the bathrooms looked like they could use a deep cleaning, one of the first things I noticed was the grout in the showers looks like it doesn't get cleaned enough, the hallways have an old feel to them and smell like it used to be a smoking hotel, the front desk did nothing to impress me, I asked for several things only to be told no every time (Upgrades, room changes, breakfast, etc). They were polite but after a few requests I just gave up asking because it was annoying. I highly recommend staying on the river as the street is very noisy. Overall an average stay, I probably would not stay here again unless the rate is very low.

Room Tip: Stay on the river
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris E
Ignacio H, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Hello Chris E,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking a moment to tell us about your stay. We're disappointed to hear that your stay was anything less than perfect. In addition to the lobby, all of our guest rooms, public spaces, and meeting spaces also got updated during our renovation. Most of the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive and we're sorry it was not to your satisfaction. We have escalated your concern regarding the grout in your shower's tile as that is certainly not acceptable. Lastly, we're sorry to hear that you felt our front desk was unaccommodating to your requests. Please reach out to our management team the next time you travel to Tampa and reference this review as we'd like to make things right. We hope to have the privilege to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Our stay at the Sheraton Riverwalk was great! They really know how to treat their guests. The valet (I think his name was Cary) was very friendly as well as the young man bringing in our luggage. I really didn't expect this hotel to be as classy as it was. Oh, rooms were spotless as well. Thanks for the pleasant experience!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Greetings Dee K,
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk for your recent stay and for taking a moment to tell us about your experience. Thank you recognizing Kerry from our valet team. It's nice to hear that both he and the bellman that assisted with your luggage helped ensure you enjoyed your stay. It's refreshing to hear that you found your room to be spotless and that this alog with our helpful associates assisted in delivering you a classy and pleasant experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed at this Sheraton for Gasparilla weekend with a group of friends. We are participants in the parade and appreciated the location of the Sheraton so we stay there every year. Last year we received a good rate on our rooms ($180 before tax), this year we all got a different, much higher rate (from $209-$230 before tax). I was told the Florida Resident and Government Employee rates were not available for this weekend (I am both). A member of my group did receive the government employee rate when he asked. My room was very comfortable and nicely furnished, but there was hair on the shower tile when I arrived. My room was also not serviced on one day of my 3 night stay. The beds are very comfortable and there is a coffee maker in the room but no mini fridge. I was surprised that the restaurant completely overcooked our dinner order (salmon was a stiff brick) but they refired our dishes and gave us a round of drinks to make up for it. The buffet breakfast was good, plenty of variety, however the trays were not re-filled and we sat with other guests at our tables for about 30 minutes before the buffet was restocked with eggs, potatoes etc. I'm glad we didn't have a flight or cruise to catch! Check out was easy, the, bartenders, valet guys and free shuttle guys were great, however I was never charged for my stay. The charge appeared on my debit card as a hold, then disappeared after I checked out. I called and it turns out they had somehow credited my account. I couldn't walk away without paying for my stay, that's not honest, so I inquired and now my card has been charged. I understand the hotel was super busy for Gasparilla weekend, but you would think they'd be prepared in the restaurant and with housekeeping staff. This hotel is conveniently located, has a free shuttle to airport and downtown attractions, is nicely renovated and was quiet even with all the partying guests in house. However, for $250 total per night, plus $19 per day for parking, you would think the restaurant would be top notch and the rooms would be cleaned without having to ask and they would know how to check out a guest properly. Housekeeping also banged on my door the day before I checked out, asking me when I'm checking out. I guess their list wasn't enough and the do not disturb sign didn't matter. My friends and I will consider another downtown hotel for next year's Gasparilla, especially if we can all get the same rate. The Sheraton is a nice hotel but very inconsistent for the price.

Room Tip: All rooms seem good. Mine faced Ashley Drive so there was no view. Rooms on the other side have a ri...
Green Features: You can get Star points or a $5 voucher at participating businesses if you forgo having your room serviced. My room wasn't serviced on one day of my stay even though I didn't put the tag on the door. I wasn't offered a voucher, however.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ignacio H, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Greetings KristaV863,
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk for your stay during Gasparilla weekend. We're disappointed to hear that your stay was anything less than perfect. Our newly renovated and reconcepted restaurant, Rivers Edge, was performing a trial run of it's new menu for the very first time over this weekend. We're sorry to hear that it wasn't to your satisfaction but we are confident that it will be a much better experience in the near future as all of the kinks are ironed out. It was indeed a very busy weekend with revelers and unfortunately your guest experience was impacted negatively. For that we we sincerely apologize. We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton for a weekend away from home. The location was wonderful. We walked everywhere and also took the Trolly into Ybor City for dining. It was a nice weekend get-away and the hotel staff was very accommodating. The breakfast was also very nice. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HAPPYCAMPERSFLORIDA
Ignacio H, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Hello HAPPYCAMPERSFLORIDA!
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk for your recent weekend get-away. We're delighted to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. We're glad that you found our proximity to Ybor City for dining was convenient and that you enjoyed your breakfast in our restaurant. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed in the RiverWalk leading up to Christmas. The hotel was underconstruction even though I was told it was complete by the SPG points group. The desk in my room had a broken leg and was sagging in the middle. The construction crew tried every morning to get into my room and when the key did not work they would bang on the door. I found nothing good about my stay other than the location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shaun O
Ignacio H, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Greetings Shaun O,
Thank you for staying with us. We're truly disappointed to learn that the renovations taking place during your stay were so disruptive to your experience. Although the renovations are now complete and we are getting great positive feedback from guests, it sounds like you may have been assigned a room that was only partially completed. We apologize for the inconvenience and understand your frustrations. We hope you'll consider coming back now that our renovations are finished and share feedback about your new experience.
Kissimmee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I loved this hotel. Great rooms friendly staff, clean, located in a great spot. Only bad thing is parking, I believe it's around $25/day +tip. It's a beautiful hotel with a lot of amenities and got it for under $100 on memorial day weekend on a site.

Room Tip: I stayed with a city view which was nice but i'm sure a river view is nicer.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Matthew D
Greetings Matthew D,
Thank you for staying with us. We're delighted to hear that you loved your stay. We're thrilled to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and your guestroom clean. We appreciate you taking a moment to share feedback about your experience with us and hope you'll stay with us again soon.
Lake Arrowhead, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Riverwalk in mid December and even though they are doing some renovations I had a nice stay in a room overlooking the river. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I enjoyed the club level in the evenings and when I dined in the restaurant I enjoyed my meal and the service.

Room Tip: Ask for riverside
Green Features: Every day you don't require room service they give you cash off for dining and room service, I thought the idea was great!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CandPtravel
Hello CandPtravel,
Thank you for staying with us. We're delighted to hear that although your stay was in the middle of our lobby renovations in December, that you still found our staff to be friendly and attentive. We're also glad to hear that you enjoyed the access to our Club Lounge and the meal you enjoyed in our Ashley Street Grille. We appreciate your patronage and hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.