Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel
US$122
HIExpress.com
US$113
Doubletree.com
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$178
US$482
US$286
Marriott Hotels
1,314 results
All reviewsriver viewashley streethillsborough riverthe club loungeconvention centerfree shuttlewithin a mile radiusybor cityshuttle servicehotel restaurantthe entire staffnice poolhousekeeping staffamalie arenavaletriverviewmarcus
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed here two nights with my family before a cruise. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The valets were very helpful and when I needed a shuttle to pick me up when I returned the rental car to a neighboring hotel, a call was all I had to do and I was picked up. The decor is updated and the beds very comfortable. The only issues were not having a refrigerator to keep my grandson's milk & snacks cool and the walls are not insulated enough. I could hear my neighbors on either side and hear the folks above us splashing in the tub. Other than that a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay on river side spectacular views at night.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cejn63
Ignacio H, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Greetings Cejn63,
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk for your family's pre-cruise stay. We appreciate your feedback regarding our friendly valet staff, efficient courtesy shuttle service, and comfortable beds. Although we don't have refrigerators in all of our rooms, we do have a select number available in storage that we could have put in your room so you could keep your grandson's milk and snacks cool. We're delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay and hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The hotel was located very close to the harbor area, where the Times forum is. It's next to the river and the city has been working on creating a very nice "riverwalk" all along the river. I would stay there again if I really need to stay right on Downtown. Here are some highlights:
(1) The hotel's entrance (for driving in purposes) is tiny and cramped and you can only do valet parking. No self parking. However the valet guys were very attentive and quick. Tip them well, they deserve it! (2) Lobby was nice, clean, modern looking including the reception desk area. Very attentive staff here as well. Quick check in and check out. (3) Room: we had a double room on the 4th floor. No refrigerator because that's an extra charge just to have one. I don't get the point of why charging me to have one where I can keep my water and medication when the hotel stay is already pricey. The room was spacious for the four of us (family). The bathroom was modern, however the sink was high and uncomfortable (especially for my 10 yr old kid). (4) bedding: fluffy pillows, nice sheets, but horrible mattresses! I had read reviews about how nice the mattresses were but honestly, it was the worst night sleep I've had at a hotel. We had to share double beds so I knew we would be cramped, however the mattresses dip towards the heavier person. I had to hold on for dear life the entire night towards the very edge because if now, I would roll over my husband. My two kids who are about similar weights said the same thing. Maybe they're ok for one person to sleep on but not for two. I wonder if the King size beds do the same. (5) Breakfast was not included and they only opened at 7am. Yes, that's early enough for the weekend but when you have many sports teams staying at the hotel who have to be at the convention center nearby by 7am, it became an issue. I have stayed at hotels with less stars than this and they have been very accommodating to these situations by at least opening at 6:30am.

Overall the stay was pleasant. The staff was stupendous. We could use the free wifi, or the computers downstairs. Have a drink by the bar, or go to the pool. Too bad I didn't get a chance to try the breakfast, but the location was excellent. Overall for the price I would definitely include the fridge and parking should be free as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Greetings lasm97,
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk for your recent visit to Tampa. We're pleased to learn that overall you had a pleasant stay. We're sorry to hear that you did not find the beds in your room to be comfortable. The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are a signature Sheraton amenity and we tend to get positive feedback from our guests regarding our beds. We are investigating the beds to determine if the mattresses need to be replaced and apologize that they were not to your satisfaction. Breakfast is not an amenity that is typically included in our rates. We appreciate your feedback and will look into the possibility of opening the restaurant earlier during times when most of our guests have to depart prior to it's opening. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have a chance to welcome you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

OMG, When, I went to check in, I wasn't even given a hello. I asked how much they would be authorizing on my card. The clerk never told me. So when I checked my charge card account and it was charged the full rate for all three nights when I was suppose to be given 2 nights as a promo special . So this is how it went 169.00 the first night, and 57.00 the 2 following nights plus 18.00 a night for parking(ripoff.) Anyway, they charged me 169.00 for 3 nights and the parking and 100 incidentals. That was 663.75 on my card. I asked the clerk how much he was authorizing and never told me. I asked to speak to a manager. There is no manager at night. No one in charge. I called Starwood and Diane from Ontario confirmed this. She said all she could do for me was open a case and just take calls. How do you like that customer service. What robbery. I called my credit card company and since he did not tell me what he was authorizing ,it would be an unauthorized charge. I am done staying at these Starwood . Do not buy timeshares with them . Hotels stink ,not as clean as they should be and staff do not care about the customers. This includes Diane at customer service. I am so upset, I can't even sleep now or enjoy myself because they all were so rude to me. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Ignacio H, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Hello Cheryl O,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking a moment to share your feedback. We're extremely disappointed to learn about your negative experience. The check-in experience that you described is not at all representative of the welcome we strive to provide each of our guests upon arrival and we apologize that yours was not a hospitable encounter. The authorization that was placed on your card for the full rate for 3 nights versus the full rate the first night and the promotional rate the next two was due to a glitch in how the reservation was setup and we're sorry you had to experience this. It is our understanding that this was rectified prior to your departure. Valet parking is in fact our only parking option due to the tight design of our garages and our frontage to busy Ashley Drive in downtown Tampa. The rates for valet parking are competitive with all of the hotels in our market and in fact, slightly lower. We're sorry you felt this was over priced. We hope you'll reconsider and afford us another opportunity to welcome you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

The front desk woman was indifferent and curt when we checked in. Unhelpful would be another word. She could have been much friendlier. The hotel itself is ok but the noise level is high. Lots of sound coming from the hall into the room. The location on the river is nice if it fits geographically with your needs.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sydeye
Ignacio H, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Hello Sydeye,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Tampa. We're extremely sorry to hear that the associate you encountered at the front desk was indifferent, unhelpful, and unfriendly. This is certainly not in line with our arrival experience and not consistent with the feedback we generally receive with respect to our staff members. We appreciate you taking the time to share this with us so we can address it directly with the associate who negatively impacted your guest experience. We hope you'll consider returning again in the future so we can deliver an experience that's positive and more typical of the feedback we receive regarding our staff.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I have never previously submitted a review. However, this hotel needs some serious attention paid to their restaurant, bar, room service areas.
Last night I waited for 15 minutes to be seated, I finally asked a server if I should seat myself. She told me not usually, but go ahead. I sat down at a dirty table and waited another 15 minutes for a server. The woman at the table adjacent to mine said she waited 25 minutes for her drink. I gave up and went to my room and ordered a pizza delivered from a nearby restaurant.
Tonight I decided to try room service. I placed my order, and the woman told me they no longer offered my selection. She said they had changed menus a few weeks ago. Since I didn't have the correct menu, I asked for a menu and a glass of wine to be delivers to my room. 40 minutes later, I called downstairs to inquire about receiving the menu. I was told they would send one up right away. I'm still waiting.
With so many quality hotels to choose from, I cannot recommend staying here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Greetings Sue G.,
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk for your recent visit. We're extremely disappointed to hear about your negative experience in our restaurant and in room dining. We sincerely apologize for this negative experience. Our restaurant was recently redesigned and reconcepted and we are still ironing out a few kinks in the operation, but what you described is inexcusable. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we may correct the experience for future guests.