Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel
US$222
US$174
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$178
Doubletree.com
US$159
Orbitz.com
1,317 results
All reviewsriver viewashley streethillsborough riverthe club loungeconvention centerfree shuttlewithin a mile radiusybor cityshuttle servicehotel restaurantthe entire staffnice poolhousekeeping staffamalie arenavaletriverviewmarcus
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I are moving to the area, and needed a place to stay. I called ahead to make the reservation. The man that answered acted like he was doing me a favor by finding us a room. He checked us in was extremely flustered and didn't seem to know what he was doing. I filled out two tax exempt forms during check in and still was charged tax! I found out the next day, when looking on the website, that my dog could've had a bed and water and food dishes brought up. But I can't complain too much since the dog stayed free. I spoke to a woman about the tax exemption in the morning and she told me she would send me an email with a new receipt within 30 mins, it has now been 24 hours and I still don't have it. Overall the room and bathroom were clean. The beds were okay. No breakfast provided but there is a restaurant. There is only valet parking which costs $18 per night! I need a hotel for tonight but I won't be going back there.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
AL A, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience we caused you and for felling below your expectations.

Your comments have been shared with appropriate departments and an action has been taken.

As far as the $18 valet charges, it is a common practice in Downtown Tampa that Hotels charge such a fee or even higher fees due to a limited parking spaces.

We appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We booked a room for three to spend a night before embarking on a cruise from Port of Tampa. Although the hotel is not a lavish or modern as most SPG properties, we were very pleased with our stay. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean, beds comfortable, and front desk staff were very helpful and professional. The hotel provides a free shuttle service to the cruise port and additionally to any location within a 3 mile radius. Although there are several restaurants within walking distance, we used the free shuttle to dine at the original Columbia Cafe in Ybor City. Shuttle drivers are excellent. Very short wait time for either our ride to the restaurant or return. When we were ready to return we simply called the hotel for a pick up in front of the restaurant.
The hotel does not offer free shuttle service from the Tampa Airport as it is quite far away, but provided information for the Blue One Shuttle, which is very inexpensive, when I reserved the room, I would definitely recommend this hotel for cruise travelers.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the river front offer a great view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cecilia R
AL A, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

It is great to hear that you found our rooms and bathrooms very clean and you enjoyed our confortable Sweet Sleeper Sheraton Brand Beds. We are also glad to hear that you found our front desk staff very helpful and professional. We appreciate sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Thanks,
AL M. ALSALEH / HOTEL NIGHT MANAGER

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Just stayed here for a conference at the convention center and while a bit cheaper than the closer Marriott or Embassy Suites those, having stayed there before, would have been a better choice.

The room is dated. The ceiling In my room was recently painted, but they missed a big spot so it looked half baked.

The toilet mounted on the wall was crooked. I mean leaning! Water pressure and volume was fantastic!

Bed was comfortable, work area was adequate. Limited outlets to charge things meant you had to spread your devices around the room which is a pain.

Wifi is free, but slow.

The bar does not have nbcsports so no NHL playoffs shown there. Bartender says he's been asking for years. I guess they don't take employee feedback very well.

Housekeeping did a reasonable job, but didn't vacuum every day.

Even numbered rooms face the street and at very noisy. Trash collection at 4am can really ruin your day, not to mention the leaf blower toting idiots at 530am blowing the sidewalks across the street.

While this is an OK property, there are much better close by at a reasonable value in comparison.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
AL A, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Mr_Fireston, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent and less than pleasant stay. We are very sorry for our shortcomings and we wanted to assure you that all your comments were shared with appropriate managers and departments. The necessary actions and steps have already taken place to guarantee such non pleasant experience will never be repeated again. As far as the sport channels, I wanted to share with you that we submitted a request several weeks ago to install sport channels at the bar and lobby areas and we should get it done soon. We hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to prove ourselves.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed during the IIFA weekend in Sheraton Riverwalk. I got the best service from the moment we walked till we left the hotel. Each and every staff member was polite, courteous, and ready to help you. They exceeded our expectations in every way. From bell desk, Reception, Lounge on the 6th floor... all were pleasant and made our stay extra special. Thank you for making our trip memorable. I wish all the hotels were like this.
Thanks so much,
Seema Govil
Reporter TV Asia

Room Tip: We really liked our suite. it gave privacy and was very comfortable to all.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
AL A, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Ms. Govil, thank you very much for taking the time sharing your experience. Your kind feedback and gracious score are greatly appreciated and have been shared with hotel staff. we are very happy to hear that you found our staff excellent. We hope to see you back soon.

Kind Regards,
AL M. ALSALEH - Hotel Night Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend attending a Sunday wedding. Staff was great. Except one front desk gentleman that was grumpy. Everyone else especially the valet were exceptional. Rooms were modern and spacious and located in downtown Tampa. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
AL A, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and you found our valet staff professional. It is very disappointing however to hear that one of our staff wasn’t as accommodating as he/she should be. I hope you will accept our apology for this issue. Our guest's needs and satisfactions are very important to us and to not have met that expectation for our guests is not a standard here at the Sheraton. I assure you that we are using your comments as a guide for our future encounters to be managed more seamlessly. Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we hope to see you again.

Kind Regards,