“Made my weekend.”

Ranked #62 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Made my weekend.”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Besides the great location, water front view, and super comfy beds. The staff has been amazing accommodating my every need. Joseph and PA at the bar had tons of helpful info regarding the area and are just good people you can't help but like. Great stay, good times.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank peter h
AL A, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Peter,

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your review. We do appreciate your kind comments and generous score.

Your comments have been already with Joseph and PZ (PA), as well as with the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

AL M. ALSALEH
HOTEL NIGHT MANAGER

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The new renovations are very clean and open. I have read some of the negative reviews of some other people, and they are just their opinions. Believe me, this hotel is very clean and the people are extremely congenial. I have never met one rude person nor have I ever had a dirty room. The suites and junior suites are just beautiful. And the Club Room upstairs has a very efficient and wonderful person who takes care of it named Dontay. He is your main asset upstairs, believe me. Without Dontay, I wouldn't even frequent the Club Room. He makes our stay. And as far as the front desk is concerned, Laura and Aileen and the crew are always very friendly. I highly recommend this hotel, especially if you have to go to Tampa Hospital. The shuttle service is always available with a friendly smile. Thanks Kery, Scott, Chuck, and all you guys for your wonderful service!

Room Tip: Always try to stay on the riverside!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LPalmieri
AL A, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
We’re very glad to hear that your recent visit with us was nothing but pleasant, and that you found our staff congenial and helpful.

Our team is very passionate about the service they provide to our valued guests and we are happy that you recognized that.

Your gracious comments were shared with the entire team and everyone appreciated your kindness. We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Colorado
Reviewed 27 May 2014

On the river where the city is putting in a questionable walkway as there is nothing particularly scenic or accommodating to guests in the way of facilities. Hotel is an older structure that has been updated but remains and older and outdated building. Valet or street parking only though they do have a free local on demand shuttle as well as being just a few blocks away from the streetcar to Ybor city. As other reviewers have stated - if your looking for the Sheraton experience this is not it, it is just a downtown hotel with a pool.

Room Tip: If riverside rooms can be had at the same cost go for those as the city noise on the street side is...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
AL A, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We are very sorry to hear that you found our hotel outdated and your experience was less than pleasant.

We just wanted to share with you that our hotel was recently renovated; however, we take guests’ comments very seriously and they have a great impact on our decision especially when making improvements or remodeling.

We hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you again.

Toms River
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had booked a stay at this hotel, and I had a sinking, disappointing feeling as we drove up. There were several staff members outside of the hotel on their breaks smoking and talking loudly as we passed by. Once inside the hotel, it was very dark, dingy and dirty looking. It is located on a tiny spit of water which appears much larger and deceiving in their picture. Hotel doesnt look anything like the online pictures for inside or outside. It is in the middle of a business district and is a business hotel, surrounded by alot of office buildings. Prior to going to the hotel, we called on the phone and the person on the phone was very rude, 2 different people both times we called. We dont recommend this hotel, there are many better ones to choose from in tampa.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WhalerTomsRiver
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience. It is very disappointing to hear that your stay wasn’t as pleasant as it should be.

Regarding the staff smoking outside the hotel, the Sheraton River Walk is a non-smoking hotel; therefore, we designated a smoking area out of the hotel in the back side. Such an area is on the opposite side of the main entrance but it can be partially seen from Ashley Drive.

Please accept our apology for failing to meet your expectation during your visit. I do appreciate giving us another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Kind regards,
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was expecting the "Sheraton´s experience" I had in another cities and countries . It was not the case. The room was not clean enough, specially the bathroom (some hair in the shower, stains in the bathroom sink that seems to be toothpaste....) the cabinet door almost felt down because it was out of the rail. They fixed, but it was bad to arrive tired and not to be able to open the closet to unpack my bags.
Overall people were kind and helpful, specially the valet parking people.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room. Check at your arrival how clean is your room, specially the bathroom. Is a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AL A, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share both your compliment and concerns regarding your stay at our hotel.

We are glad to hear that you found our staff kind and helpful. However, we are very disappointed that we weren’t able to meet your expectation in certain aspects.

The cleanliness and the cabinet door issues have been addressed and the necessary corrections have been made. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenient. We do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Al M. Alsaleh – Hotel Night Manager
Miami
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Tampa downtown city is very clean and surprisingly peaceful, which is a good thing for a city girl like me. But the Sunday morning knock on the door at 8:15 and two more time was a bit too early for a vacation mode. Last night's bar was less then 4 customers and not a "hello I'll be right with you." And this afternoon my accent called for a Bollini insteaf Bellini :-( Beside that the place is modern and clean.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear evelynpadil,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay with us. It is very disappointing to read that we fell short and we didn’t meet your expectations.

The knock on the door in the early morning is unacceptable and please accept our apologies for not receiving a prompt warm welcome at the bar. We have already addressed this issue with our staff and I assure you that his will never happen again. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I are moving to the area, and needed a place to stay. I called ahead to make the reservation. The man that answered acted like he was doing me a favor by finding us a room. He checked us in was extremely flustered and didn't seem to know what he was doing. I filled out two tax exempt forms during check in and still was charged tax! I found out the next day, when looking on the website, that my dog could've had a bed and water and food dishes brought up. But I can't complain too much since the dog stayed free. I spoke to a woman about the tax exemption in the morning and she told me she would send me an email with a new receipt within 30 mins, it has now been 24 hours and I still don't have it. Overall the room and bathroom were clean. The beds were okay. No breakfast provided but there is a restaurant. There is only valet parking which costs $18 per night! I need a hotel for tonight but I won't be going back there.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience we caused you and for felling below your expectations.

Your comments have been shared with appropriate departments and an action has been taken.

As far as the $18 valet charges, it is a common practice in Downtown Tampa that Hotels charge such a fee or even higher fees due to a limited parking spaces.

We appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Kind regards,