“Horrendous......... got my ipod stolen from my bad which was in the luggage storage!”

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel
Ranked #59 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed 16 September 2009

I'm not giving this hotel 1 star just because a member of staff stole my ipod. We didn't like this hotel from the start. We only had 1 night here luckily! The only positive is the swimming pool is quite nice.

We had a later flight on to Vegas and called front desk asking to extend check out until 2pm - they bluntly said "no" so we checked out at noon and got out bags put in to storage for a couple of hours. When we went back to claim our bags my ipod had been stolen!!! The guy at the front desk was so unhelpful (Rick is his name). He said he did not know the procedure so I would have to wait until 3pm until the other manager came on shift!! Our taxi was already outside and we had a flight to catch so i told him that waiting was not possible.

Eventually another guy came to front desk and took all my details and said that their insurance would be in touch in a couple of days..... 10 days on and i am still waiting to hear from them!!! DO NOT STAY HERE, THIEVES AMONGST THE STAFF. TERRIBLE

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank djorkaeff1903

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Harrisburg
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I visited Tampa last weekend with my boyfriend to go to the Buccaneers vs. Cowboys game. Upon arrival, the valet staff and front desk personell were very welcoming and let us know that we still had time to enjoy the free drinks and appetizers in the Club Lounge (conveniently for us located directly across the hall from our room on the sixth floor). After getting cleaned up, we headed to the lounge where we met a very nice young man named Kyle who was working in there for the evening. Kyle was extremely hospitable as well as professional and gave us some insight on the great places to visit during our stay in Tampa. I stay in hotels for business every week and it would be nice to run into more "Kyle's" on the hotel staff along my way. We had a great stay in this beautiful hotel--only draw back was the rain, which fortunately subsided in time for the Cowboys to beat the Buccs!!! There was a beautiful view of the river and friendly wait staff in the Ashley Street Grille. The hotel offers a free shuttle to and from anywhere within a 3 mile radius (far enough to get you to Channelside Bay Plaza for great night life). There was no fan in the bathroom, that's the only complaint from my boyfriend! Would definitely stay in this hotel again!! Thank you!!

• Stayed September 2009
Tampa
Reviewed 12 September 2009

First of all on the Sheraton site it says all rooms have a waterfront view of the river..not true..my husband and 2 yr old daughter and me got stuck on the other side of the building which is right off of the highway. All night you can hear nothing but loud cars..O and not to forget all the loud and drunk people yelling and slamming doors. We did not feel safe at all especially with our little girl with us, and also its 4 am and we have still gotten no sleep!! The bed is horrible..we got one king and its so hard you cant even lay on it without getting a backache..all around this has been the worste hotel I have ever stayed at!! The site is a fake and looks nothing like the pics show..and ALSO THEY DO NOT METION ITS ONLY VALET PARKING 16$..you cant even park your own car..what kind of crap is that!! Also the valet guy left our headlights on after he parked it..and drove around with the E brake on..what some idiots!!We are waiting on the manager now to get here at 7 am and we are getting a refund and the hell outa here!!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank shsgurl37
Springfield, MO
Reviewed 27 August 2009

Nice hotel. Clean. Housekeeping was excellent, staff were helpful and knowledgeable. I received a very good rate through Hotwire, otherwise I couldn't afford to stay here. The street side rooms are noisy at night. If you would like a water (habour side) view, pay an additional $20; If you would like a mini-refrigerator, pay an additional $20; a micro-wave, $20; have a car, pay an additional $20 ($16 + tip for valet) for parking. These prices are per night. The restaurant's food is acceptable, but the service has a lot to be desired. Plan on waiting at least 10-15 minutes to be seated. If you order something that is not on the buffet, it will take 30+ minutes and and after paying the bill, it may take 30 minutes to receive your change. It is not that busy or popular, just poor service. Downtown is safe for walking, day or night. Easy and convenient access to mass transit. Locals were kind, friendly and accomodating to tourists.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank DHMO
IL
Reviewed 10 August 2009

This hotel is not the normal service and quality I would expect from a Sheraton. I wouldn't mind staying here again if the price were right or I was forced to, however, I wouldn't go out of my way to book a room here.

Some specific problems:
-Bed was lumpy in two rooms I was in. Not he usual quality bed I expect from a starwood property.
-Bathroom smelled like someone smoked in it even though hotel is non-smoking
-Random hairs were in the bathroom of the two rooms I stayed in pointing to the fact that cleanliness is lacking a bit here.
-Bathrooms look like they haven't been remodeled in 15-20 years
-The two elliptical machines in the fitness center squeak so loud it is difficult to do a work out in there. I was worried the machine was going to fall apart.

It is within 3 miles of most sites in Tampa and it is only a $25 / 15 minute drive from the airport.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank TimIL747
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 18 July 2009

The picture of the hotel is the 6-story yellow building... not the nice tall blue one to the right.
$16 valet parking... not optional... very slow service.
Riverview is not very nice... view is of newpaper building
Lights in room not easy to turn on/off

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kristin B
CT
Reviewed 22 June 2009

We stayed here for three nights and had a wonderful time. Prior to the trip, we had purchased a coupon for a three night stay for $125. But when we arrived, we learned that that it had been improperly issued. The hotel manger was very professional and honored the coupon. We basicically stayed here for three nights at less than a third of the cost of a normal stay. The provided a river view room which was on the better side side. All of the hotel staff was great with the valet parking guys on top of that list. Always cheerful, friendly, fast and courteous.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple