Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel
Marriott Hotels
US$174
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$178
US$122
US$205
US$152
US$113
Doubletree.com
US$159
1,317 results
All reviewsriver viewashley streethillsborough riverthe club loungeconvention centerfree shuttlewithin a mile radiusybor cityshuttle servicehotel restaurantthe entire staffnice poolhousekeeping staffamalie arenavaletriverviewmarcus
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I stayed in the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk for a business trip and was generally pleased with my stay. The service was excellent. The hotel has a shuttle that takes you around the local restaurants for free, which I loved, and I ordered room service twice and thought both the food and service was superb. Everyone was extremely friendly and offered great advice.

The room was very nice -- spacious, wonderfully comfortable bed (I LOVE the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. I have back problems and almost always stay in the Starwood chain hotels because their beds are so good) -- but the housekeeping service could use some improvement. My room was not cleaned very well (the shower was still slightly grimy) and the housekeeping staff left a dirty rag on the carpet. Not huge infractions, but management could certainly address these things and make the stay better for all.

The location is OK. There aren't too many places to walk around nearby (downtown Tampa is dead during the week), but the shuttle made it easy to get to a great sushi spot nearby. Oh, one weird thing. Apparently on one shuttle ride I took to a nearby restaurant, a hooker and her guy (a hotel guest) got on. The hotel really should be more careful about that, it makes such a bad impression!

Value -- pretty good. I paid $140 plus taxes per night, which is pretty good for a Sheraton.

Pretty good fitness center and REALLY nice pool.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
SheratonTampa, Management at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2009

I am pleased to hear that your enjoyed the Sweet Sleeper bed and other amenities of the hotel. I am so sorry to hear that your room was not up to Sheraton Standards. This information has been shared with the housekeeping department for training and developement. Customer Service and Cleanliness is a #1 priority here at the Sheraton Riverwalk. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and please consider us for any future trips to Tampa!

Reviewed 6 October 2009

I read about this hotel on trip advisor and wasn't for sure whether to stay here or not. But decided that I would go with the good reviews. I am so glad that I did!!! We booked a room with a city view and got upgraded to a river view. They helped us in every way!! The shuttle was a godsend. We will stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2009

I'm not giving this hotel 1 star just because a member of staff stole my ipod. We didn't like this hotel from the start. We only had 1 night here luckily! The only positive is the swimming pool is quite nice.

We had a later flight on to Vegas and called front desk asking to extend check out until 2pm - they bluntly said "no" so we checked out at noon and got out bags put in to storage for a couple of hours. When we went back to claim our bags my ipod had been stolen!!! The guy at the front desk was so unhelpful (Rick is his name). He said he did not know the procedure so I would have to wait until 3pm until the other manager came on shift!! Our taxi was already outside and we had a flight to catch so i told him that waiting was not possible.

Eventually another guy came to front desk and took all my details and said that their insurance would be in touch in a couple of days..... 10 days on and i am still waiting to hear from them!!! DO NOT STAY HERE, THIEVES AMONGST THE STAFF. TERRIBLE

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank djorkaeff1903
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I visited Tampa last weekend with my boyfriend to go to the Buccaneers vs. Cowboys game. Upon arrival, the valet staff and front desk personell were very welcoming and let us know that we still had time to enjoy the free drinks and appetizers in the Club Lounge (conveniently for us located directly across the hall from our room on the sixth floor). After getting cleaned up, we headed to the lounge where we met a very nice young man named Kyle who was working in there for the evening. Kyle was extremely hospitable as well as professional and gave us some insight on the great places to visit during our stay in Tampa. I stay in hotels for business every week and it would be nice to run into more "Kyle's" on the hotel staff along my way. We had a great stay in this beautiful hotel--only draw back was the rain, which fortunately subsided in time for the Cowboys to beat the Buccs!!! There was a beautiful view of the river and friendly wait staff in the Ashley Street Grille. The hotel offers a free shuttle to and from anywhere within a 3 mile radius (far enough to get you to Channelside Bay Plaza for great night life). There was no fan in the bathroom, that's the only complaint from my boyfriend! Would definitely stay in this hotel again!! Thank you!!

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 12 September 2009

First of all on the Sheraton site it says all rooms have a waterfront view of the river..not true..my husband and 2 yr old daughter and me got stuck on the other side of the building which is right off of the highway. All night you can hear nothing but loud cars..O and not to forget all the loud and drunk people yelling and slamming doors. We did not feel safe at all especially with our little girl with us, and also its 4 am and we have still gotten no sleep!! The bed is horrible..we got one king and its so hard you cant even lay on it without getting a backache..all around this has been the worste hotel I have ever stayed at!! The site is a fake and looks nothing like the pics show..and ALSO THEY DO NOT METION ITS ONLY VALET PARKING 16$..you cant even park your own car..what kind of crap is that!! Also the valet guy left our headlights on after he parked it..and drove around with the E brake on..what some idiots!!We are waiting on the manager now to get here at 7 am and we are getting a refund and the hell outa here!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family