Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
SailportSuites.com
US$616
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsolive gardenbusch gardensthe shuttle driverred lobsterfront desktaco bellpancake machinebush gardensfree shuttleadventure islandfree breakfastyogurtparking feewould stay here againbeds were very comfortablefamily vacationbreakfast staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I travel every week all over north and South America for work and typically stay at Holiday Inn and Courtyard Marriott hotels. The dining area was very spacious and beautiful with 20' high ceilings which is not typical and a step up. The rooms were very up to date with granit countertops, microwave, couch, king bed, bar sink, quiet thermostatically controlled AC nice HD TV. The pool was clear and fun! Almost walking distance from the Busch Gardens, the fireworks were felt and seen out of the windows every night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are happy we were able to please such a well traveled guest! We hope you get a chance to come back real soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

We did the Busch Garden/Hotel combo deal and man are we glad we did. The room was very clean and inviting as was the lobby and breakfast area. The breakfast was fresh and very good. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable and the shuttle drivers were great, especially Sam. The shuttle to Busch and the water park was convenient and available with just a phone call. If there was one thing that I deducted a star on was the pool. The pool area was very clean but the water was cloudy and a little dirty. It was the end of the day though. All in all we were very pleased and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Hello! Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to write a review for us! I appreciate your comments, and will take a look at the pool cleaning log book to make sure our service is working as hard as my team does to keep the place running and looking great. From the sound of it, I hope we get a chance to see you again soon! Take Care!

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I recently took a trip to Tampa, to tour USF. I booked a room for the weekend at the Red Roof Inn through travelocity. It was a nightmare! When I finally was given my refund I booked it out of there and ran down to this hotel. The staff was beyond welcoming. The lady I dealt with was very kind and understanding to the issue I has just had. A major plus was the fact that she had to unlock the doors, I felt safe. My room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. If I come back to Tampa, this will be the hotel I choose.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DanielleNic0le
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy we could be a safe haven for you. We pride ourselves on offering great customer service and are happy you found us! We can't wait to see you again soon. Take Care!

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Chose this hotel because of the fantastic reviews seen on T.A. The hotel was great considering the area. Room could have been a little cleaner but compared to the rest of the hotels in the area this place was a palace. Very close to Busch Gardens and lots of food places in the area. Just wish it were located somewhere else. The breakfast wasn't that great. Would we stay again? No, but NOT because of the hotel in general.

Room Tip: If you're there during Busch Gardens "illuminights" during the summer, try and request a room facing the pool side. We caught an awesome view from our room while they were doing a test run! Perfect view!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Hello, and thank you for your review. We are always looking to improve our service and our product. We all work very hard to assure our guests have a great stay in a clean and comfortable room. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

My 10 yr old daughter and I checked into this hotel at 8:30pm on Friday evening, June 7. We were only here for one night because I was dropping her off at Busch Gardens the following Sat. morning for a 5 night camp. We walked in a bit exhausted from traveling most of the day and stood at the front desk for 15 minutes waiting for someone to appear. There was a a sign on the front desk that said "Be back in less than 5 minutes". The lobby was chaotic and loud with people running in and outside from the pool. People attempting to buy snacks from the kiosk next to the check in desk ... but could not because there was no one AT the front desk. I waited about 10 minutes and then called the front desk ... thinking that an operator would answer. It rang at the front desk ... right where I was standing and there was no one to answer it. Finally ... a poor disheveled young lady ran (literally ran) to the front desk ... looking exhausted and apologizing profusely. She explained that she was THE ONLY STAFF IN THE BUILDING and that she had to take a cot, sheets, blankets, pillows, etc... to a room. (again ... leaving the front desk unmanned). I find this REALLY disconcerting. There was no maintenance on staff, no housekeeping, no management. Just a young girl who looked like she was about to pop a blood vessel in her head from stress. Again ... the place was PACKED (being across from Busch Gardens ... beginning of summer) My concern: What if there was an emergency, fire, overflowing toilet, burst pipe ... anything?!?!? What if I simply wanted an extra pillow .... some shampoo??? This girl would have to leave the front desk run all over the building and hope to make it back to the desk in time to answer phones, greet vacationers, check people out, answer questions, etc... I cannot believe that the management would allow this sort of irresponsibility to happen in this hotel. Thank goodness nothing happened and our stay was brief .... but I just wanted to let management know that this sort of understaffing breeds VERY poor customer service and shows a lack of care for their patrons. Shame on you Holiday Inn Express Busch Gardens, Tampa Fl.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Hello Tyra. Please let me assure you we do read and respond to each and every one of the reviews left for us here on Trip Advisor. We have always found constructive comments to help us improve very valuable. I am very disappointed to see your recent stay with us started out with us missing the mark of our normal excellent guest service. The lack of staff on duty Friday evening is totally my fault. When we did our forecast for arrivals and occupancy, we didn’t expect to see the amount of traffic we had, and therefore I only scheduled Ashley to work. I feel awful she didn’t have any back up to help her, and worst of all it impacted my guests! This morning when I came in and read your review, I took immediate steps to correct staffing for this weekend. On one hand I am glad you let us know about your experience, and on the other, I am upset it happened at all. Please accept my sincerest apology, and I hope you get an opportunity to come back and stay with us again soon.