Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
US$185
US$174
US$616
  • Restaurant
All reviewsolive gardenbusch gardensthe shuttle driverred lobsterfront desktaco bellpancake machinebush gardensfree shuttleadventure islandfree breakfastyogurtparking feewould stay here againbeds were very comfortablefamily vacationbreakfast staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My wife and two girls stayed a couple nights. Breakfast was fantastic, the two ladies kept up with the amount of people enjoying the breakfast. We chose this place because of the close proximity of Busch Gardens and shuttle service. Rolando, you were fabulous. My family and I want to say a special thank you to Rolando the shuttle service driver. We would call and Rolando would be there within a couple minutes. Rolando, enjoy the jet ski with your sons.

Room Tip: As with any hotel, try to stay away from rooms near the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Hello. Thank you for taking time out of our day to fill out a Trip Advisor review for us. Rolando will love seeing your comments, and I am happy he made your stay so memorable! Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

An average hotel for the money. Beds were Comfortable, bathroom was clean but towels were stained. Stayed 2 nights and the used towels were not replaced on the second day. The room was kind of cramped and one of the beds was right next to the air conditioner so we had to use 1 bed when we wanted 2. A lot of debris around the back and under the furniture. We even found a sneaker from someone who stayed there before us, so that says alot for the way the rooms are cleaned.

1  Thank RobinRosen
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Hello. Please let me start by apologizing for the issues you describe in your review of our hotel. It is not typical for our rooms not to be spotless for each and every one of our guests, and I am deeply sorry we missed the mark in your case. Please rest assured I will be addressing this personally with the whole housekeeping department.

We take great pride, and work very hard to make sure each time a guest checks in they have a great stay.

Please come back and see us again soon so you can see the improvements we are going to make!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We just returned from a 5 day stay at this hotel and give it the very highest rating! One member of our party uses a wheelchair and, when our travel agent booked the room, they asked for a handicapped accessible room. When we arrived at the hotel, we received a room that was organized for the hearing impaired, not someone in a wheelchair and, it just wouldn't work. When we told the front desk, they were very understanding and moved us into a wheel chair accessible room as soon as one was available the next morning. The rooms were clean and bright, the beds were comfortable and we enjoyed the shuttle and breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel. Everyone on staff was smiling and very helpful. Many thanks!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces Busch Gardens so you can see the fireworks in the summer. Rooms near the end of the first floor hall hear the exit door open and close.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Hello and thank you for your review of our hotel. I am always thrilled to hear that our staff was able to take care of the needs of our guests. If you are ever back in the Tampa are, please come and see us again.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

This place is literally right across the street from Busch Gardens and just down the road from Adventure Island. If you're here for that, this is the best hotel for you

Check-in was cold from the front desk staff and she seemed to rush me through, I was thinking 'this is Priority Club, huh?'. I had to come back and ask how to get to my room, she rushed through some bizarre explanation that had me parking at the back of the hotel walking back up to the front for the only elevators then to the back of the hotel. Also, the shoe of choice is flip flop, which I suppose is what you wear when in Tampa but not what I'd expect from the Front desk staff... anyways....

I don't know the beds they called Queen are what I call Queen, felt more Full-size. The AC in the room would 'get stuck' even though there was a thermostat to regulate it. When we got there it was 68 and freezing, we put it and 75 and went for ice cream. Came back and it was easily 85. Long story short: we were up and down all night trying to find a comfortable spot.

Breakfast was more than I was expecting. Definitely not continental. They had something for everyone and a lot of it. Breakfast staff was pretty attentive. Coffee was only slightly bitter.

Room Tip: close to the elevator and park up front if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry that we failed to meet the standard that we have set for ourselves. A front desk agent should be warm and welcoming. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast. Our breakfast staff works very hard to provide our guests a good start to the day. If you are ever back in Tampa, please come and see us. I would love for our staff to be able to show you the improvements we will make from your review.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Always there to help! Shuttle service was great as we had grand kids and hubby has back problems so if needed I just picked up the phone & the shuttle came and picked him up and we stayed at busch Gardens or Adventure Island very easy no worries no parking fees went from one park to the other. Great morning meal all included. Ryan the Manager was wonderful as was the whole team at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa! They run a tight ship but everyone seems to love their job, everyone greets you, asks if you need anything they always have a smile, the rooms are immaculate, and the prices are reasonable, I have been to many hotels, condos, etc. This place has them all beat! and I have to give a special shout out to Valerie and Ashley who I asked many question and favors and they ans. them all. and always with a smile and always getting it done. Thanks again Guys.

1  Thank miabella58
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Oh My! Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us! Valerie and Ashley will be so happy to see their names on Trip Advisor. We all get very excited when guests remember our names. Thank you again for taking time out of your day to comment about us. We hope you get a chance to come back and see us again real soon!