We booked this hotel for summer graduation at USF. It was near campus and several chain-type restaurants. We also wanted to go to Busch Gardens and this hotel provided a shuttle. Unfortunately, the threat of rain led us to go to the aquarium downtown instead. Back to the hotel, our family booked 3 rooms. In one room, there was no air conditioning for one of the bedrooms (it was a suite with 2 king beds). They said there was nothing they could do for the night, no other rooms available and they didn't have a fan! They said it would be fixed the next day. There were no issues in the other rooms.
The next day, we left for downtown. Upon return, the air conditioner was fixed as they had said. They also cut the room price for $20 each night of stay. The breakfast buffet was decent, don't try the eggs. It gets crowded, all 3 mornings we had to wait in line and had to sit in the "overflow" conference room. Still, a much better complimentary breakfast than at other places. The only other issue we had was they didn't bring more washcloths or hand towels on our last night to have in the morning.
The pool was nice and refreshing. The hotel is close to just about anything you may want to do on that side of Tampa. The staff was friendly and always greeted you with a "good morning" or "hello, how are you?" lots of rude guests who don't mind cutting in buffet lines or for the elevator, but that's not the hotel's fault. If you are staying for Busch Gardens or something at USF, give this hotel a look.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens Florida