“To hot for comfort” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
Ranked #38 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Doral, Florida
“To hot for comfort”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

First time in this hotel, I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. I had to switch rooms 2 different times due to air conditioner not working even though the room said it was 65 degrees inside the room. I had to change rooms at 1:30am due to this issue, the second room air conditioner was also broken and I was about to check out and just leave this hotel until the person that fixes the air conditioners called the front desk and told them to give me a special room( a suite). The room also smelled like Clorox from the sheets.. Not a good experience staying here. Will not come back.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear Carlos L,

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Arabic first
San Juan, PR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Went last week for a business trip to Tampa and selected this hotel for third time. I am happy I did even with other options in the area. The room was very comfortable and with good air conditioning ( outside was very hot). The treadmill in the gym was not working and after I reported to front desk next day it was fixed. I have a situation with my flight back and they were very helpful.
I need to mention Nakira, she is just great. Thank you very much Nakira for all your help.
This hotel has a great location to access the main roads and also has many eating places nearby. If you need to stay in the Busch Gardens area this will be a great place to stay. Friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast ang great location.
I will suggest a more speedy wireless and maybe better signal. Do not take me wrong, their wireless is good but I think better speed will enhance the connection.

Thank you.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank JGon
Penrith, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Great welcome. Rooms clean. Breakfast had long queue, which was very well managed by the polite manageress and we found ourselves seated and eating relatively quickly. The food was good but the fact that they serve breakfast on small polystyrene plates with flimsy plastic cutlery beggars belief. REALLY! The bathroom had a card gave telling us how to help the environment (how to save them money). I wonder where serving food on non recyclable plates fits in with their "environmental policy"? Very close to Busch Gardens if not walking in the searing heat. I had emailed this hotel and was told shuttle to the theme park runs to and from every half hour. In actual fact you need to summon the shuttle and this fine if you have a triband mobile which works in the States, otherwise you may find yourselves walking quite a distance back, as we did! Had we been told this before I would have prebooked the Busch Gardens Parking in advance, which is cheaper than buying the parking on the day. Don't get me wrong this is a good hotel and I would have given five stars if it ere not for the misinformation re shuttle and the polystryrene!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CumbrianCamelLover
Greenville, North Carolina, Usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Ok....I'm not even sure I can get it all on here. I know this is going to sound unreal, but I promise it is real...unfortunately. I have stayed in this hotel before and have had minor issues like no wireless signal, but all in all, no complaints. Hotel has a great breakfast with many options, but get there early or you will have a very long wait. This stay was a NIGHTMARE. We came to Tampa to take my son to Busch Gardens for his birthday and we were rained out and the rides shut down. We decided to try to check into our room early (a little after 1) and were told we were unable to because the room wasn't ready, but it would be ready at the check in time (3:00PM) We were fine and understanding with that response and went to the nearby mall and returned to the hotel at about 3:05PM to be told it would be about 5 more minutes because the housekeeping supervisor had to inspect the room. We were finally given the key to our room at 3:55. We were offered a minimal reduction on our rate (approximately $15). My husband asked to talk to the manager. When the manager finally came, she was very rude and wanted to talk about her occupancy being at full capacity and the staff not being able to get the rooms ready for the demand. Our hour in the lobby with 3 kids (one of them sick) was not her concern. Our room was very hot and would not get cool. After several hours we decided the air was not working and called the front desk. We were asked to wait "5 minutes" for maintenance. After a call back to the front desk, maintenance came. I forgot to mention that our sink had backed up and would not empty. When he entered the room that was 77 degrees and saw the sink (which he made the comment that the sink had not been draining properly for some time), he called the front desk and told them they would need to change our room. We had a suite and asked him if they had another suite available. He told us he thought they would upgrade us to a jacuzzi room. That didn't happen, but we did get a room with cool air. We were unable to get the television on with the remote, but the maintenance man came with a new remote. When I attempted to bathe my little girl, the stopper in the tub didn't work and the shower would not shut off completely in order to only have water coming out of the faucet. I got soaked trying to bathe her. When we attempted to use the sofa bed, the sheets on it were torn in several places. I took pictures of what I could because everything was so unbelievable. I guess the worst part was how rude the manager was about our situation. My husband asked about the wireless internet when we attempted to check in and was told that she thought it was working because she hadn't gotten any calls of complaint about it today. Well, it didn't work any better than the last time we stayed and were told it didn't work well with Apple devices. I have to laugh at their "Hospitality Promise" they have in each bathroom boasting of their high level of service. That sign should be flushed down the toilet. My husband and I travel often and have family in Tampa. I will not be staying at this property ever again. I will also caution guests that there were 4-5 cars with many people loitering in the parking lot playing very loud music. Better luck to any of you that attempt to stay.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Jennifer S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Jennifer S,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is disappointing to know about your experience at our hotel. I would like to address your concerns in further details and have sent you a private message to obtain more information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for four days while visiting family. Nice clean rooms. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Boys loved the pool. The breakfast was great with real food. There were eggs, bacon, biscuits and sausage gravy, donuts, bagels, and more. I have just two complaints about this hotel. We stayed on the fourth floor and every day the hallways were warm. Thankfully our room got nice and cold. We only ate breakfast once because it got over crowded fast. The line would circle the room. We had to eat at 7 am the one morning. Wish they could make the dining room bigger. It is close to many restaurants and across the street from Bush Gardens. Well worth the price.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melissa B
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We booked a double queen room for one night so we could arrive at Busch Gardens early in the morning. We arrived late and check in took only a minute. When we got too our room it was clean and spacious enough for 2 adults and 2 children. We had a room with a connecting door and when we arrived the guests in the room next too us had a dog that started barking. It was quickly hushed and we got right too sleep. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. I did wake up often throughout the night but that was because I'm used too noise during the night and the air conditioner turned off throughout the night as the room reached the set temperature. Of course, this is expected and not a hotel problem. We didn't get to go to the pool but we did go too breakfast the next morning. It was plentiful and very well stocked. Lots of different breakfast items too choose from. And the breakfast attendants were on top of their job. I will definitely stay here again next time I come too Busch Gardens. For less than $100 a night this can't be beat. They also offer a free shuttle too and from Busch Gardens but we did not use this either.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Brandy S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms were clean. The stuff was super friendly. The beds were amazingly comfortable. Everything was local and close enough to enjoy. I would recommend this hotel to others. If you book at least a week in advance, they will give you a nice discount.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends