“Solid for Linch”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Good food albeit a little pricey for what you get. The line to the register to order your meal moved right along and the wait time at the table was reasonable. The food was OK and the place was clean but nothing special.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

We typically take our son, daughter-in-law and grand babies out once a week to have dinner. This week the choice came down to Pei Wei located in the Mission Bell shopping center (Carrollwood).

Reviewing the menu prior to visiting the restaurant - I discovered that you can have an entree (in my case I was interested in the Mandarin Kung Pao) in a small plate size, no rice and extra protein, i.e., chicken.

The fried chicken chunks that I had in my entree were over-cooked, the entree itself needed more "seared soy sauce".

Generally, polling the four adults, consensus was that we should have gone to Yummy House.

Will not be visiting again.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Food made fresh in a clean environment with lots of good options and sizes. I usually get the smaller version and it is more than enough

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Had the Thai lettuce wraps for the first time. They were pretty good. Surprisingly tasty! I had the Thai Dynamite as my entree. I ordered the small but couldn't finish it. It was very saucy but not very spicey. Will probably have something different next time.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Since my colleague Bill introduced me to this Carrollwood Pei Wei about a year ago, it has become a place I go for my lunch about once a week during workday break. The restaurant is very clean and well organized. Menu covers wide range of Asian cuisine from Korean, Thai, Japanese to Chinese. Ordering from menu is easy and visual. You eat like in a mid-tier sit-down restaurant but you don't deal with waiter's hassles. Franchised ingredients are cooked freshly and openly in front of you by a few young and energetic cooks and you can sit on the bar stools watching them if you prefer. If you are familiar with P. F. Chang, this is the junior version of it and more geared for quick lunchers who want a tasty and healthy Asian Fushion as alternative of Chipotle or Whole Foods.

The prices are very reasonable considering you can choose small or regular size. A small size of a sesame Chicken bowl is enough for me at $6.99. They bring order to your table in a real ceramic bowl or plate and you get real silver wares from a counter yourself. I also like the way they serve drinks. I normally just get a free water cup and they have both lemon and orange pieces on the side to choose for your water. Their attention to detail is evident in every process including how they keep the lemon and oranges fresh an clean looking, regardless free or paid items.

Foods are tasty, prices are reasonable, services are top notch, atmosphere is clean and pleasant, it seems unbelievable that there are only 2 Pei Wei franchises in the entire Tampa Bay. Are you listening, Pei Wei, can you open one at least in the New Tampa or USF area where there could be tremendous demand for it?