“5 star accommodations at affordable rates”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #4 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
West Palm Beach, Florida
“5 star accommodations at affordable rates”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

The restaurant and bar here is better than any full service Hilton! The fresh fish is better than most expensive restaurants in the area and the bar is fully stocked, with some decent higher end wine brands. Best pizza in town. Oh, a Starbucks machine also. A wounderful staff and a great pool area. Highly recommend for business trip and families.

Room Tip: ask for the rooms that have an extra sitting area.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
JeffAntonaccio, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, 7 June 2011
Thanks so much for taking time to share your story on TripAdvisor. It is exciting to hear that you enjoy staying at our property. We have recently made some changes snd additions in our Food and Beverage operation and it is exciting that you noticed and are happy with them.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and continuing to exceed your expectations.

Jeff Antonaccio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Norwalk, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

I have been staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Westshore since February 1st. The service is excellent, the rooms are clean and the bed comfortable. The people are outstanding. In the morning you will find Cindy at the front desk, she always greet you with a smile and happy to give you helpful hints as to where to go and how to find something. Tom, the morning chef cooks an awesome omelet just to order, ham, tomato and onions are my favorite. Beatrice the waitress is there to greet you with her friendly smile keeping your coffee cup full, she never forget just how you like your coffee. In the evening Charles is always there to greet you and of course there is Francis at night, she is helpful and cheerful. I found that they will go the extra mile to make your stay is a comfortable one. They all make a point to remember you by name, and the things you like best. Hilton Garden Inn has become my home away from home.

Room Tip: All the rooms are comfortable and clean.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Tampa Airport/Westshore Hilton Garden Inn when on extended travel in Tampa and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn that so many of our team members have "wowed" you during your stays with us. I certainly look forward to personally sharing your feedback with them and the rest of the staff as well.

Thanks again and safe travels!
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

My daughter graduated from UM and we celebrated at Berns steakhouse and Bush Gardens.

The staff was excellent, the evening manager Chris Bryant was sincere, funny and extremely helpfull. The breakfast server was beyond wonderful.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 1Miamigirl
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport/Westshore for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and you received terrific customer service from our Operations Manager Chris as well as the service staff in the restaurant.

I hope you will consider us again when your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

Great Customer Service willing to go the extra mile for customers. Kudos for Jackie of housekeeping and front desk employees.

Ahmed
Diamond VIP

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Ahmed- Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I will be certain to share this with Jackie and the rest of our Front Desk team.

Thanks for choosing our hotel and I hope you will consider us again when your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

What is 'trust'? More importantly, what does it mean to trust the hotel you stay at? When I travel, I am usually in a hotel for at least a week if not two or three. Trust in the staff at the hotel is very important to me. I leave electronics such as my laptop, cell phone, mp3 player, and other devices necessary to keep me sane while sitting in my room after work. The last thing I need is to come back to my room and find something missing, so trust in the staff at the hotel is highly important to me, and if broken, is the best way to get me to NEVER stay at your hotel again.

In my travels I have forgotten all sorts of things in my room when I check out. Everything from shoes to cameras. It really sucks to forget something like that, but it is always my fault, so there is nobody else to blame. Even if my wife forgot it, it is still my fault. Years of marriage have taught me that. ;) Occasionally I will be able to recover the item by letting the hotel know and they are able to send it back to me. More times than not the items just magically disappear and nobody seems able to find them. So when I forgot a cable which allows me to connect my iPad to the TV and watch NetFlix on the big screen instead of my lap, I seriously didn't expect to ever see it again. That is where the outstanding staff at the Hilton Garden Inn in Tampa comes in.

I wasn't scheduled to check out till Sunday afternoon, but I had some friends a couple hours east of Tampa that I wanted to visit. So I drove out there on Saturday morning and stayed the night and then just went straight to the airport. I realized on Saturday that I forgot the cable and called the hotel to see if they could find it in my room. They called me back and left a message stating they found it and would return it to me. We played phone tag for a few weeks after that. I'd call and they'd go look for it in lost and found and then leave me a message that they had it. I left my address a couple times, but I guess that information didn't get passed back up to housekeeping. After four or five weeks of phone tag, I had pretty much given up on ever seeing the cable again, but it wasn't expensive and I was ok just buying another one.

I found myself in Tampa again for business at the end of April staying at a different hotel. It was just for two nights and my company booked me near the Hilton, but not at the Garden Inn. I called the housekeeping line again and left a message letting them know where I was staying and if it would be possible to have someone drop the cable off at the front desk for me. The Executive Housekeeper called me back and said she would definitely do that and have it to me before I checked out. When I checked out, I went to the front desk to see if anything had been left for me, and there had been! I was pretty excited. I took the package out to the car and headed to the airport. What I found in the package was a real surprise though.

What I had left in the room was a cable I purchased on ebay for probably about $9.00. It did the trick, but it was definitely generic and not the highest of quality. What I found in the package was that the Executive Housekeeper had gone to Best Buy and purchased a similar cable which was MUCH better than the one I left. It was a higher end cable with gold plated connections and all the charging adapters I never had with the original one. The reason I went to ebay to buy mine was because I didn't want to pay the extra money for the one at Best Buy, but it was something I wished I could have had instead. I guess they were unable to locate the cable again in their lost and found after so much time, so she had gone out and found one that matched the description of what I lost even though I had told them I was ok just buying a new one. This is the kind of service and honesty I rarely see in my travels and will be an experience I will share with people for the rest of my career.

Even when I checked into this hotel I could tell that they cared about their guests. I had been traveling all day from the west coast to Tampa, and when I arrived I just wanted a Coke. My status with Hilton entitles me to a couple bottles of water upon check-in, but I asked how much to get a bottle of soda instead. The desk clerk didn't hesitate and grabbed two bottles of Coke from the fridge gave them to me with her compliments. It was an absolutely unexpected thing which may be tiny to some people, but was huge for me.

So do I trust the Westshore Garden Inn in Tampa? I trust them that they are aware of the needs of travelers and want them to be comfortable. I trust them that they will be honest with my belongings when I am not in my room. I don't fear that my watch will still be there when I get back. I don't doubt that my gadgets and gizmos will still be there at the end of the day. And I absolutely trust that they will do whatever they can to resolve any concerns I have to the best of their ability. I wish there was an extra star I could give them for service.

The only reason I didn't mark sleep quality at five stars was because of the time of year I was there. It was very difficult to get a comfortable sleep temperature in the room at night. I wound up just turning the AC off at night and that improved things tremendously.

Trust the staff at the Westshore Hilton Garden Inn. They are a professional and very customer service oriented lot. I would not hesitate to stay there again for any amount of time.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank OCDetails
JeffAntonaccio, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, 16 May 2011
Thank you for sharing feedback about your stay. I am happy to hear that our team exceeded your expectations. We constantly talk about exceeding guest expectations by focusing on the details. The story you shared about asking for a Coke in substitution for the complimentary waters is an example of this.

Thanks for choosing our hotel and we look forward to being your host again when your travels bring you back to Tampa!

Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

We stayed here for two nights for a weekend getaway. While the hotel is "off the beaten path" for Tampa, the location is excellent. It is litterally steps away from the airport and a huge, very nice mall. The mall also has an extensive dinning and nightlife strip. The hotel has easy access to downtown Tampa too. We opted for the Whrilpool room and would definately recommend it. Maintence even came around midnight one night because the faucet in the tub stopped working. The only complaint I can think of is the hotel pool is quite lacking, it is basically in the parking lot.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
JeffAntonaccio, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, 6 May 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Happy to hear that we are located near everything you needed to be close to. I appreciate the comment about the pool. We have been working on upgrading the landscaping and music. We also plan to introduce a menu for the pool area; complete with local flavor for both food and beverages.

Thanks again for staying with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Bhubaneswar, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

i stayed here for 2 days at the end of a long trip. great place. it provides 24-hour courtesy shuttle to the airport. great rooms, excellent service in the restaurant. The staff was very friendly and made u feel u were lorida. it worked out well for me as it was close to the offices i was meeting with. Standards of room and amentieis were pretty good.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport. I am so glad that you enjoyed our hotel accommodations and the wonderful services that we provide. I will be sure to share your comments with our team.

We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to Tampa. Again, thank you for your feedback.