“Great stay!!!”

Ranked #5 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great stay!!!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Checked in this past Saturday. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and informative. The front desk clerk Rosie was the best. I had an issue with the location of the original room assigned. Rosie took care of it without any hassle.I highly recommend this hotel. It is strategical located to accommodate the business traveler, and tourists.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Nicole, Thankyou for your kind words about your experience with Rosie. She is a charm, and I am so glad you had the opportunity to interact with her. She will be thrilled that she was able to resolve your situation and provide such a positive replectiion of our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future!

Safe Travels
Todd Kinney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The staff is alert, responsive, efficient and effect in executing their task. They appeared to anticipate your needs.

The room was clean and comfortable
The linen was and towels clean and fresh.
The carpets were shampoo lean not just vacuum clean.

Food accommodations were made promptly for quest at their request internally or externally.

Transportation request handled quickly. Lobby clean and staff personable even when Guest aren't ......Thanks for being a Home in the absence of a Home

Nate

Room Tip: Ask at the front desk. they live here. The will accomidate
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Nathan, Thank you for your comments. I am so glad we were able to fill the void of offering you a “Home away from home”, while you were in Tampa visiting. Having a comfortable room, fresh linens, clean hotel and most importantly an efficient staff, will make every traveler want to relocate to our hotel! Again, thank you for your comments and have a great holiday season.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Excellent service and accomodations. Ideal for business travelers, close to airport and business area. Restaurant is cozy and food is great for the price, definetely would return to this location in future ocassions.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Rafael,
Thank you for sharing your experience to other travelers about your recent visit to our hotel. I would also like to thank you for mentioning the favorable staff friendliness as they aim to please every guest. I am pleased that you enjoyed our Coast specialty restaurant as well. I agree with you when you Labeled our hotel as a “Nice Business Hotel”, as we are in the heart of the Westshore Business district and adjacent to the Tampa International Airport. Convenient for every type of traveler. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe Travels.

Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 December 2013

As soon as I got into the check in line, I knew that my stay would be a pleasant experience. I was next in line to a group of 3 and from the conversation between the group and the front desk lady, I gathered that they were not checking in but were asking for a nice restaurant to dine in. The lady did not only give them directions to the restaurant but told them that she will call ahead to book them a reservation, which she did after the trio left. Which also left me waiting for my turn to be attended to. I did not find myself impatient. Rather, I became interested in the situation that unfolded before me and was impressed with the lady who took the extra mile to accommodate her guests. When she hang up the phone, I commented that it was sweet of her to book a reservation for them and that now she's a concierge as well. She smiled and told me she can do that for me too. I said "No, thanks." and told her that I'd prefer to dine in the hotel restaurant. I could tell that she (Adrianna is her name) takes pleasure in what she does in the hospitality industry. She's got the right attitude.

After we finished unpacking, the phone rang and it was Adrianna at the other end checking if we found our room satisfactory, Replied that yes, it was and thanked her. The room was clean and everything was in order. The Keurig coffemaker was a nice touch and convenient. Don't like the hassle of making coffee in the room with the usual coffemaker.

Went down to the Coast restaurant at the ground level and had dinner. Wine selection was ok.. Their house wine was good (had a Sauvignon blanc). And the salmon that I ordered was excellent. The seafood chowder soup was pretty good. The creme brulee, though, was too much for one person (my wife didn't want to touch it) but I finished it off anyway. It's good my blood sugar is normal and I'm not watching my weight.

Can't say anything about breakfast since we had an early flight.

Haven't been in this hotel before but now I know where to go when I land in Tampa again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jonathan J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Edwin L,
Thank you for so much for your kind words and for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn here in Tampa! I can’t wait to share with Adrianna your experience and how much of an impact she had on your stay. All of our staff members here join Adrianna daily with trying to provide each and every guest a warm and comfortable experience and I am glad that this is the customer service that you received. We look forward to your return to the Tampa area and wish you safe travels wherever your journey takes you!
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Needed to find a hotel close to Tampa Airport at the last minute. The hotel met every need on short notice. Quiet comfortable room at a reasonable cost. Allowing us to sleep in a little later, being so close to the airport was worth the cost of the room. Would stay here again based on our experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Steve C,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to complete a survey on Tripadvisor. It was our pleasure having you as our guest and I am glad to see that we provided you with a comfortable and affordable option here in the Tampa area. I hope you will continue to choose our Hilton Garden Inn when in Tampa and we wish you safe travels!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Arrived after a long haul flight, so we just needed a place to rest our heads. It´s just a ten minute drive from the airport, lots of parking space, and grocery shops are a short 5 minute drive. The lady at the reception was friendly and checkin in took only a few moments, which is always a plus after a long flight. Our room was spacious, clean and what we needed for one night. Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Halie_Nat,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. After reading your review I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our property to be a great fit for quick overnight stops here next to the Tampa airport. I hope that you will continue to choose our Hilton Garden Inn when returning to the area, as well as Hilton hotels worldwide. Thanks again and safe travels!
Albuquerque
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Spotlessly clean hotel just minutes from Tampa international airport. Modern amenities, comfortable rooms and good food. A perfect stopover for travelers. We really enjoyed the buffet breakfast. There were so many food and drink items to choose from. Hotel staff friendly and courteous. Next time we fly into Tampa this will be our hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hey Dianne G,
I am truly excited to hear about how wonderful your stay was including the breakfast you enjoyed at our Coast restaurant! Our staff sets our each and every day to provide a warm and genuine atmosphere for our guest and I am glad this was your experience. I hope that next time you are in town you will also stop by the Coast restaurant for our dinner service. The menu is wonderful and I am sure you will be just as pleased with your experience. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport and we wish you safe travels in the future!