“Great Value, Close to TIA”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #5 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Tampa is a great city to enter Florida because of the best airport in the state. Being able to stay close to Tampa Intl Airport (TIA) and not spend an arm and a leg for a comfortable, clean, and strategically located hotel is what you get at this Hilton. The meeting rooms are small but very comfortable and they are not sound proof when partitioned so we could hear a loud talking speaker in the adjacent meeting room, but the quality of the food during our break sessions and the free parking and convenience more than made up for that small aspect. Whether traveling for business or personal vacation, I would recommend this as a launching place and also for just meeting right in the hotel.

Room Tip: You are close to the airport so you might hear airplanes no matter what room you pick. That does no...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear dlsmissionary,
Thank you for taking the time to write a Tripadvisor review for us. I’m glad that you found the amenities at our property both convenient and enjoyable. We want you to be comfortable and cared for when you choose to stay with us. We appreciate you and hope that you will visit again.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Staff is very pleasant, but when I first arrived I was put into a smoking room...did not even know these still existed but for someone who does not smoke and would never ask for this type of room, I was really put-off. Staff did rectify this quickly and I was given a nice non-smoking room. However, there was no offer to help me switch my bags, I was simply provided keys for both rooms. Also, I had an important business meeting first thing in the morning and had to take a cold shower-this was the most frustrating part of my stay (who wants to take a cold shower). When I reported this, I was told they were aware of the situation, apologized for the inconvenience and said the issue would be resolved. Overall, the hotel is very nice, but Hilton's reputation is better than I experienced.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Tiffany W,
We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience. It is always our goal to provide you with outstanding customer service when you choose to stay at our property. I am disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations during your most recent stay. We only have two smoking rooms in our hotel. I apologize that you received one of those rooms in error, I am glad that our staff was courteous and provided you with a non smoking room. We should have offered to help you with your bags, please accept my apologies for your inconvenience. The problem with the water was beyond our control unfortunately and we worked to get it back on as quickly as possible. I can only hope that sometime in the future you will consider giving us another opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at Hilton Garden Inn as part of our post-cruise package. We were very impressed with the hotel. We had requested a king size bed and that request was met. The girl at the desk presented us with a shuttle schedule to the International Mall, and also let us know about shuttles to the airport the next morning.
There was only one minor issue, we ordered a pizza from room service and they got it wrong with the toppings. It was still a very good pizza, but not what we ordered.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone flying into Tampa, or staying an extra night after a cruise.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear SpoonerCruizer,
We greatly appreciate your feedback. It sounds like our property was a perfect fit for you. I apologize for the incorrect pizza order and certainly appreciate your understanding. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Rooms are very nice with mini-fridge, beds are comfy and staff was great any time I needed them. I cannot think of anything that I would change about them and I am pretty picky. Fast shuttle service, whole process was seamless. HIGHLY recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear StacieLC,
WOW! I love your comments. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with the entire staff. It is very gratifying to know that we were able to exceed your expectations. I hope that if your travels bring you back to Tampa that we will see you again.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stay here 3 to 4 times a year and each time it is a great stay. Very consistent - clean - excellent service - convenient to malls - restaurants, etc. About 2 minutes from the airport, but the planes do not bother me - always sleep pretty good. Kind of pricey but again, you know what you are getting and that is one less worry when you travel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Don P,
We do love our returning guests.There is no higher form of flattery than guests that visit us time and time again. Looking forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for an early morning flight out of Tampa. Overall experience was very good. Helpful staff, clean hotel, close to airport, efficient shuttle service. Very quiet rooms even with close proximity to airport.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kevin_Ellen,
It is always great to hear when guests comment on how quiet our rooms are... we hear that a lot! It doesn’t get any more convenient to TIA than right across the street. That extra sleep in the morning is always a plus! Thanks for taking the time to share with other potential travelers.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We arrived in Tampa at the airport. We had shuttle service to the Hilton Garden Inn which was very close to the airport. The hotel is typical of airport type accommodations, with lots of people checking in and out. The hotel staff was very efficient in checking us in. The room was nice but not exceptional. No airport noise was heard. We had their "Sail away" package which included shuttle service to the Tampa Cruise Terminal. Normally you would have to arrange your own transportation, but the Cruise Terminal is not far, maybe 10 miles.

Room Tip: If your going on a cruise, arrange ahead of time for shuttle service to the Cruise Terminal.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear DonWatty,
I’m happy to hear that your stay with us was a good one. I hope that you enjoyed your cruise and we look forward to the opportunity to host you again.