“Comfy Bed & Free Wifi”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #5 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Clean & comfortable. (With a Keurig in the room!) I wish they had a free breakfast option, but can't complain too much because of the free wifi. Also, the shuttle from the airport was convenient & easy to use. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Lindsi M,

Thank you and we look forward to you next visit! The Keurigs have been a big hit. We actually do have a ‘bed and breakfast’ deal that you can book for future stays. It provides breakfast with your stay at a reduced rate. Our breakfast as you know is fresh cooked to order and absolutely delicious. See you soon!
Silvana Greene- Guest Service Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,733)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Due to work my husband spent more than 6 weeks here. Sometimes traveling home on the weekends (not always). He had previously stayed at the Embassy Suites (old & tired), Marriott Courtyard (even older still). When he finally tried here this is where he stayed. I was able to join him his last week here over a weekend. (We/I don't travel all the time but every few months due to driving my mother back and forth thru several states I stop over night in hotels) This has been the most quite hotel I have ever stayed in. Only one night there were doors slamming and people talking loudly in the hallways. I hung the do not disturb tag on the door in the morings and took it off and left at 11ish almost every day and the room was always refreshed when I got back. Breakfast is served from 6:30am- 9am m-f and on weekends (don't know start time, wasn't up that early) until 11! The breakfast crew remembered us everyday. Silvana was great and greeted us by name everytime she saw us and asked if we needed anything. There are two other hotels right next door but they allow pets (Very LARGE ones by what we saw) and we have allergies.

** As a side note we wish we would have gone to Wat Mongkolratanaram Thai Temple but it is ONLY OPEN ON SUNDAY (starting) IN THE EARLY MORNING until early afternoon. Skimming the reviews I did not read this detail until it was too late. We did eat quite a bit of sushi from publix (we live in a very small town).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Carol S,
It was so great to meet you! Your husband is like part of our family and I am so glad that you were able to get away and enjoy some time with us in Tampa. It is such a pleasure to host our long term guests. It really gives us an opportunity to provide that ‘home away from home’ experience. Traveling is hard enough when you have to spend extended time away from home so we do our very best to make sure our guests are comfortable and cared for. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review... it really means a lot to our team. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed at the HGI for two days, pre-cruise. We found the location to be very convenient to the Tampa Airport. The HGI offers an hourly shuttle service to local malls & restaurants, so a rental car wasn't need. Rosie at the front desk was so super to work with. She made us feel so welcomed and took care of every request we had, including calling and arranging for a shuttle to the cruise port. The wait staff in the restaurant and the housekeeping were also very nice. The property is clean and very accommodating for a short stay. We will definitely stay here again if we travel to Tampa.

Room Tip: Be aware of rooms facing the airport as there will be some noise, though not excessive amounts. The...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Patric B.

I’m so glad that you had a great stay at our property. We appreciate the kudos for our team. Rosie is such an asset to our front desk staff. We are dedicated to the complete satisfaction of each and every guest that we have the pleasure to host. I hope that you will consider us in the future. Thanks so much!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Tampa Airport, on a couple of occasions and have been always pleased with the high quality service and the friendliness of the staff. Many thanks to Rosie, a front desk concierge, for her care and attention to the detail during my stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear David M,

We appreciate your loyalty to our property. I am so happy that Rosie helped make your stay more enjoyable and will pass on your feedback. I hope we see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is a really convenient hotel for early flights, and the staff are extremely kind and helpful. Rooms are perfectly adequate with everything you need, the pool is nice enough, and the food isn't bad. The waitresses are especially nice. So - my only criticism is that we were given a room with an adjoining door to the next room. The lady in that room was clearly Skyping someone and was shrieking with laughter and shouting at her computer. Finally, past midnight, we called reception and they must have asked her to stop as it got quieter. However, we had a very early flight and we were not happy. Make sure you ask for a room without an adjoining door. You can everything that is happening in the other room. We stayed there before and had no noise problem at all. And we would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear EastSussexFlorence,

Having the airport just across the street is definitely convenient. Thanks for your kind comments about our staff. We are fortunate to have a really dedicated team. I apologize for your inconvenience with your ‘neighbor’. I am so happy that you plan to visit us again. When making your reservations in the future simply put a comment in requesting a ‘non-adjoining’ room and we will make sure that we accommodate you!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We had a really quick overnight...no frills stay. We lucked out and found this gem right next to the airport for our 10 am flight home. I rise very early, and was amazed to find fresh coffee, internet and a comfy spot to work while the family slept. When the staff came on at around 6?, I was so impressed with them and how nice they were. I must admit i had made myself comfortable in the coffee bar and set up shop at the counter before it opened. The gal that came in to work, though surprised to find me, welcomed me to sit back and work while she set up - It was very kind and appreciated. Our waitress at breakfast and all of the staff are 5 star quality! Can't go wrong here folks.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Snookhook
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Snookhook,
It’s true… we are nice even at 6:00 AM! I love your comments and can’t wait to share them with our barista and breakfast staff. I have to say our morning staff are ‘morning folks’ and they shine even before the sun does! Thank you so very much for your kindness and I will print this and share it with everyone here at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Westshore. Please make sure to stop in the next time you’re in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was there on business. NCAA Men's BB tournament was on so I spent a lot of time watching games in the bar. The bar staff was so nice to myself and to all of the other patrons. They made me feel right at home. Actually the entire staff was very friendly. Airport shuttle ran very efficiently. Clean and comfortable hotel. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Gary H,
Our Reel Lobby Bar is staffed with some great people. They love to have you stop by and watch the game and just enjoy some downtime. We are a very friendly hotel and that is our goal… to make you feel ‘at home’. I hope you get to stay with us again. We really appreciate your taking the time to share with other travelers.
Silvana Greene – Guest Service Manager