“Great place to stay!!!”

Ranked #4 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great place to stay!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I recently spent 1 night at the HGI Tampa Airport Westshore with my wife and 2 kids before flying out of TPA. I would definitely stay here again. The hotel is new...clean, comfortable, modern, etc. The rooms were very nice...what I would consider typical design/setup for a HGI. My only interactions with staff were at the front desk and restaurant. Both were great. We asked for a pack-n-play for our daughter and it was promptly delivered to our room. In the morning we ate breakfast which was very good. I love the fact that as a HH Gold member, HGI provides breakfast for 2 adults at no charge. I offered to pay for our kids and the waitress said don't worry about it which I thought was very kind (so I left her a big tip). Last the hotel is literally <5 minutes from the Tampa airport which is very convenient yet while we were in our room we didn't hear any noise from airplanes. Overall a great hotel to stay at!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear seedman76,

Well I could not wish for a better write up! Looks like we were able to hit a home run during your recent visit with us. I’m delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations and I would love for you to bring your family back to see us the next time you are headed our way.
Silvana Greene- Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Clean, comfortable and close by the airport w/ shuttle service. Fast wifi. Staff makes the difference--very friendly and eager to help out--my business plans changed at last minute and had difficult time booking online with other Hilton properties nearby--called HGI and Adrianna got me set up in a few minutes and explained how to get to shuttle--she was waiting for me when i arrived and had already pulled up my Honors info--was checked in in no time. Property is +/-30% less expensive than those nearby--dining area/bar is a small compared with larger hotels but no trade-offs on quality. Will stay here again--good place to stay after meetings / before morning flights--good work area as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear tbtg,

We appreciate your kindness. I am glad that you found our property provided for your every need. We are a great place for business meetings and offer a wide variety of meeting space. Our Reel Lobby Bar and Coast Restaurant provide our guests with a great place to stop and enjoy a ‘happy’ hour after work (or out by our sparkling pool), an outstanding culinary experience and excellent service by our amazing staff. I am so happy that Adrianna was able to help you with a seamless check in. I will pass on your kind remarks which I know will make her day. She always goes the extra mile for our guests. Please stop in again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Checked in staff was great. Honerable mentions were Kylie and Sylvania. As always had a great time and great meal. I travel alot in my profession and I know what makes a great hotel is a great staff. Hilton Garden Inn has my business whenever im in Tampa.

• Stayed April 2014
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear WilliamsUSA ,
We truly appreciate your loyalty to our property. I will be sure to share this with Kylie. She goes above and beyond for our guests on a daily basis. I’m so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations. Please stop in again soon!
Paso Robles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Would definitely stay here again. Has all of the amenities needed. Even though the Wifi signal was weak and wouldn't connect to my phone. My coffee maker did not work properly but had I stayed another night I would have reported the problem. It is also conveniently located close to the the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Silvana G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear agustinPaso,

Thank you for writing a review on our property. We appreciate your time! We just switched over to Keurigs which we have had rave reviews on. I’m sorry that you experienced an issue with yours. I’m glad that you were able to take advantage of our amenities. Please visit us again soon.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Absolutely the best experience in 30+ years of travel. From the moment I arrived at Tampa airport, the receptionist was wonderful and courteous to help me catch the hotel shuttle. The shuttle driver greeted me with a warm and friendly smile - I felt right at home. But, the tip of the iceberg was when I finally got to my room, unpacked my things and realized I forgot my hairbrush. For a professional female, this is a disaster. What was I to do? I went to the frontdesk to ask if they sold any combs or brushes, but they were all out. I was without a car because a colleague was picking me up in the morning and nothing was within walking distance to buy a hairbrush. Then the most amazing thing happened, sensing my anxiety Silvana Greene-the guest service manager- said she would drive to the local Walgreens and buy me a brush! I was floored, especially by her display of empathy for my predicament when she said if it were her, she wouldn't be able to sleep all night. She had put herself in my shoes and knew immediately what kind of night I was going to have! So, I gave her some money to cover the brush and 30 minutes later she dropped a hairbrush off at my room! In all my years of travel (and I am a road warrior) I have NEVER been treated this special by hotel staff - EVER! Thank you so much Silvana. There is nothing worse than a bad hair day, which is one's destiny without a brush or comb to style wet hair. I will forever be grateful to Silvana's selfless act of kindness for a guest stranded without her hair styling implement! Thanks to Silvana, I not only got a super nights rest, but had a great hair day the next day! My hat s to Silvana - she is a model for guest services and how to treat guest - like their one of the family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Annette J,
First of all... thank you so much for the write up! I appreciate your kindness. It was truly my pleasure to help make your stay enjoyable. I am glad that I was able to help and it was certainly a pleasure to meet you! I’m happy you were able to sleep before your meeting and I look forward to the next time you visit with us!
Franklin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Clean & comfortable. (With a Keurig in the room!) I wish they had a free breakfast option, but can't complain too much because of the free wifi. Also, the shuttle from the airport was convenient & easy to use. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Lindsi M,

Thank you and we look forward to you next visit! The Keurigs have been a big hit. We actually do have a ‘bed and breakfast’ deal that you can book for future stays. It provides breakfast with your stay at a reduced rate. Our breakfast as you know is fresh cooked to order and absolutely delicious. See you soon!
Middletown, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Due to work my husband spent more than 6 weeks here. Sometimes traveling home on the weekends (not always). He had previously stayed at the Embassy Suites (old & tired), Marriott Courtyard (even older still). When he finally tried here this is where he stayed. I was able to join him his last week here over a weekend. (We/I don't travel all the time but every few months due to driving my mother back and forth thru several states I stop over night in hotels) This has been the most quite hotel I have ever stayed in. Only one night there were doors slamming and people talking loudly in the hallways. I hung the do not disturb tag on the door in the morings and took it off and left at 11ish almost every day and the room was always refreshed when I got back. Breakfast is served from 6:30am- 9am m-f and on weekends (don't know start time, wasn't up that early) until 11! The breakfast crew remembered us everyday. Silvana was great and greeted us by name everytime she saw us and asked if we needed anything. There are two other hotels right next door but they allow pets (Very LARGE ones by what we saw) and we have allergies.

** As a side note we wish we would have gone to Wat Mongkolratanaram Thai Temple but it is ONLY OPEN ON SUNDAY (starting) IN THE EARLY MORNING until early afternoon. Skimming the reviews I did not read this detail until it was too late. We did eat quite a bit of sushi from publix (we live in a very small town).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Carol S,
It was so great to meet you! Your husband is like part of our family and I am so glad that you were able to get away and enjoy some time with us in Tampa. It is such a pleasure to host our long term guests. It really gives us an opportunity to provide that ‘home away from home’ experience. Traveling is hard enough when you have to spend extended time away from home so we do our very best to make sure our guests are comfortable and cared for. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review... it really means a lot to our team. We look forward to your next visit!