“Brilliant Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #5 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel prior to taking a cruise. We arrived late and with no baggage, due to the airline. The ladies on reception were polite, attentive and ensured that the baggage once delivered to the hotel was secured overnight until I retrieved it in the morning. The food in the restaurant is reasonably priced and good quality. Breakfast is excellent. Good comfortable rooms and beds. A nice quiet area.

I recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Upper level, away from elevator
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DurhamAlan
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear DurhamAlan,

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay at our property. It is always our goal to provide our valued guests with all the comforts of home! Please visit us again.

Silvana Greene - Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We spent a Saturday night here before a cruise, then came back two weeks later and spent another night. Easy to find and a good price. Free parking and free wifi. One of the nights we had a king bed the next we had 2 queens. Both beds had nice linens and were very comfortable. The frig and microwave in each room were convenient but the gourmet coffee and tea were a big plus. A very nice breakfast available in the mornings. We had delicious dinners both nights. All of this is great but the real standout for us at this Hilton Garden Inn was the staff! They went out of their way to make us happy. They were so friendly!! Standouts were ROSIE at the front desk and BRIDGET in the restaurant. We had been in contact with Rosie before we arrived and she even stopped on her way to work to pick up an item we needed for our cruise! Now that is service! When we returned after 2 weeks Bridget remembered us and we had another fun conversation. I would come back to Tampa just for the great service staff!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank GiGigirl10

Dear GiGigirl10,

What can I say? This write up made our day! I printed your review and posted it in the hotel for our staff to read. Bridgette and Rosie were delighted that they were able to have such a positive impact on your stay. Thanks again for your wonderful remarks!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Group that owns this hotel as well as the Homewood Suites across the street know how to treat their guests. The people at the front desk are representive what you can expect during your stay. My room was upgraded without me asking and included a delightful breakfast complete with Starbucks coffee. The chef on the breakfast grill did a wonderful job with my kids omelet, eggs and pancakes - they do know how to eat! Everything worked perfectly. Being a long standing HHonors member, I know there is a 100% Satisfaction guarantee. We enjoyed staying there so much we are going back in a few weeks. Side Note: The Westshore Mall is great. The Container Store is right down the street from the hotel. Lee Roy Selmon's is awesome. So much to do and not enough time.

Room Tip: Be nice - kind words and a smile don't cost anything. And maybe tip those that serve you. I tr...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank FLAGIRLMelbourne

Dear FLAGIRLMelbourne,

What a great review! We love to exceed our guest’s expectations. Our team is dedicated to providing the highest level of service possible. It’s very gratifying to know that you enjoyed every aspect of our property. We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for one night May 3rd prior to our cruise from Tampa. There is a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel...which is about 10 mins away. The hotel décor was beautiful. Rooms were spotlessly clean. Beds & pillows were very comfortable. Hotel was very quiet and we heard no noise at all from the airport.
The meals in the restaurant were outstanding and reasonably priced too. We got a shuttle from the hotel to the Cruise ship dock the following day. It was $9 per person. It is about 15/20 mins away. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank HelenOntarioCanada30

Dear HelenOntarioCanada30,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I’m so pleased to hear that everything was to your satisfaction and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here as part of the Cruise & Stay program. The room was large, nice & clean. The front desk was very helpful. The breakfast was included in the price & it was okay, but I wouldn't pay the $13 for it when there is an IHop less than a mile away. Pick up to and from the port was prompt and friendly & our vehicle kept in a secure parking garage. I will definitely be using this hotel anytime I cruise out of Tampa!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kym N
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Kym, Thank you for choosing our hotel while taking your cruise out of Tampa. I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience not only with our hotel, but also with the transportation. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Tampa. Have a great summer.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I can't say that this hotel was one of my favorites. For $119 per night and a HHonors membership I got a room on the second floor which had a toilet which ran all night (finally figured out how to jiggle the handle to keep it quiet), and a bed with a fitted bottom sheet that kept coming off (it was too small).

Upon booking, I was pleased to learn they had a restaurant on site. I looked forward to eating dinner there after arriving at the hotel at 9:30 or so. However, when I walked over to the restaurant area in the lobby shortly thereafter, I noticed there was no one in the restaurant--not even a maître d' or host. I took the hint and didn't ask to be seated (the restaurant closes at 10 PM).

At the same time, the small bar nearby was filled by a bunch of noisy salesmen-types who were apparently living in the hotel on a long term basis (one of them told me on the elevator that he had been there several weeks). I passed on the bar, too--and just went to bed.

I travel and stay in hotels often and overlook a lot when the staff is friendly or tries hard. The staff here could try harder and turn this into a very nice hotel. They don't need to here since business appears to be good--so they don't. My interactions with the staff were limited to the front desk staff and were brief and minimal (since there was no one at the host stand at the restaurant). The front desk employee who checked me in was OK, but not outgoing or friendly.

The hotel is surprisingly quiet considering the fact that it is just above an airport runway. Incidentally, parking was on a grass parking lot since many of the other hotels that are clustered in the same office park as this property share their paved lots. Hadn't experienced that recently at a Hilton property.

Pass on this one. There are many better properties in the Tampa area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank noskaj

Noskaj,
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry you did not have a favorable stay at our hotel. We certainly take your comments seriously and feel that our team has much better intentions than what you experienced. We will share your comments with our team, and we hope that if your travels bring you back to Tampa you will consider our hotel again. Our team takes a lot of pride in being ranked #4 on Tripadvisor in our market, and I am sure if you stay with us again, you will be pleasantly surprised on our product. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We recently (4/20/14 - 4/27/14) took a cruise departing from Tampa, and needed accommodations for Saturday. Being retired military, I started shopping for best rates.....turns out there really aren't "best rates", but when I called Garden Inn, i spoke with Rosie, who was most gracious in satisfying our needs and even upgraded us to a Junior Suite. It seems though that Rosie is just the 'MENTOR' for the staff. They were all great.
Naturally, when I needed two nights lodging on return from my cruise, we called The Garden Inn, and experienced the same courteous staff. But the story doesn't end there......and this is what makes an okay hotel great.
When we left for our cruise, we forgot our camera in the room. Housekeeping found it and held it for our return. (GREAT!) On our second stay, we had to make an early (5am) departure to the airport. Oops!...got home and realized we'd left rings, jewelry, and passports in the room safe. Phillis (in Housekeeping, I believe) came to the rescue, found, and had us identify items we hadn't even missed yet (like the passports), boxed them up and sent the FEDEX the same day we called. Sorry folks, but that is duty above and beyond. Guess where we're going the next time we're in Tampa? (by the way, our stay was 1/2 the cost of a competitor just about 2 miles away.....and we all had a full service breakfast included for all three of us.) THANKS, Y'ALL. Major A.R Walker, USAF/retired.

Room Tip: Sleep quality was rated lower because one of the beds, with comfort adjustment) was not working prop...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Arthur W

Dear Arthur, Thank you so much for the rave review. I love to hear stories such as yours about our staff. We often don’t know about what they do on a daily basis to take care of our guest so it’s refreshing to hear the wonderful actions they perform daily. We like to say, “It’s just what we do”! I will be sure to share your feedback with our staff and recognize the individuals for their initiative. Hopefully you will make this a annual trip and we look forward to seeing you and your family again! Have a great summer and thank you for your military services to our country!