“expected more”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Niceville, Florida
“expected more”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I guess maybe my expectations were a little higher for a Hilton. First, parking is terrible and you will probably be parking across the street in the garage; it is free but not convenient. The room is Ok, nothing great...is clean though. Breakfast is a weak point. For a $12.00 breakfast buffet that has cook to order eggs and French toast it comes up way short. The cook to order eggs is omelets only, I wanted scrambled and was told they are on the buffet. They were and they were so wet they were almost floating in water, absolutely horrible. I did order French toast and I got 4 very small and extremely thin triangles of raisin toast cooked as French toast! I thought that was very strange; so breakfast in my opinion is a bust. On a positive note, the employees a very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear bagger06,

Thank you so much for your review. We do have a huge complimentary garage just across our driveway.Our rooms are extremely clean and our housekeeping department does an outstanding job. I agree with you about our staff. They are top notch and it is always our goal to provide you with a 'home away from home' experience when you travel to our area. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay in our Coast Restaurant. I have passed on your comments to our food and beverage team and we truly appreciate your feedback.

Silvana- Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Boston
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed overnight and really were impressed by the ease of getting from the airport to the hotel with their shuttle.The driver was very helpful and the staff at the hotel were great. A good experience all around.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank visitorBoston
Dear visitorBoston,

We are definitely convenient if you are traveling to or from TIA. I’m glad to hear that everything went smoothly for you. The complimentary shuttle to the airport is so convenient and is available 24/7. This is especially nice for those early morning flights! Please stop in again if your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for one night after a beach vacation because of an early morning flight. I was able to drop off my rental car the night before I left to save some money, took the shuttle back to the hotel and then took the shuttle back in the morning. The shuttle service was quick and easy, the room was very nice and there was plenty of coffee in the lobby in the morning. They did initially charge my credit card for $10 more than I was supposed to pay but they reversed this and made it correct before I even had a chance to contact them about it. Overall it was a great place to stay if you need to be close to the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

3 Thank Julie S
Dear Julie S,

Thanks so much for the great review! I am so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay. The $10 amount that you are referring to is actually just an authorization for incidentals and automatically falls off unless you make a purchase. I hope that we have the pleasure of hosting your next trip to Tampa!

tampa, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I were in town to visit family and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. Silvanna and Kylie checked us in and they were truly amazing! We arrived just before 10 and they made sure we were able to crab some food before the restaurant closed. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. We didn't spend too much time at the hotel but overall we were very satisfied and checkout was a breeze! Definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2 Thank Allyn R
Dear Allyn R,

We appreciate your kind remarks and I will share them with Kylie. She is definitely an asset to our team and we are fortunate to have her! I’m thrilled to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We hope you will stop in and visit us again.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Friendly staff. The room was good &it had a small fridge & microwave. The bar & restaurant staff were friendly. The only negative of the property is that the parking around the hotel was limited. Either you had to park a good distance away or park in a grass & dirt area around the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Robert B
Dear Robert B,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. We actually have a huge complimentary parking garage directly across our driveway. I do apologize that you were not given this information at check in and also for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay. I hope that we have another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Berlin, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 May 2014

While we stayed only one night prior to a cruise, we found the hotel clean and pleasant and cost efficient. The staff is what stands out most! Always smiling and willing to assist. Erica, the bartender, went far and beyond her duties by offering to serve before the scheduled opening time. Restaurant was an additional surprise because it offered a great selection at reasonable prices. Will surely stay here again when in the Tampa area. Thanks for a great, but brief, stay!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pegport
Dear pegport,

I have to agree that our staff is pretty amazing! We have a team of associates that go ‘above and beyond’ on a daily basis to provide our guests with all the comforts of home. I am so glad that you enjoyed our Coast Restaurant and Erica does an outstanding job in the Reel Lobby Bar. I will share your wonderful comments with her. We look forward to your next visit!

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A warm welcome after a transatlantic trip. Easy to find from the airport, and free undercover car parking. We were tired and had an early night after a couple of drinks in the bar, served by a very helpful barman. In the morning an excellent breakfast was served by a very friendly waitress. This was a convenient hotel and filled our requirements perfectly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Averil9
Dear Averil9,

It is great to hear that we met all of your needs during your recent stay. John at the bar does a great job and I will be sure to share your comments with him. Please make sure to visit us again soon!

Silvana - Guest Service Manager