“Nice Stay In Tampa”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Florida
“Nice Stay In Tampa”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

A friend and I stayed at this hotel for a short girl's weekend get-away when we went to Tampa in early May. We chose this hotel based on proximity to area shopping we were planning to visit.

Check-in was quick and efficient and the desk staff were polite. Parking is in a garage (free with room key) just across the courtyard shared with another hotel in this complex. I am not sure why some of the other reviewers describe this as being inconvenient, as to me it was nothing of the sort. The walk is very short (see photo taken standing under the lobby portico looking towards the blue and white garage) and it isn't a massive garage where you might forget which level you parked on. While I didn't have the need to use it, there was a rack at the door with umbrellas which guests could borrow, presumably to get to the garage in rainy conditions.

In the lobby there is a bar and restaurant as well as a small convenience store area with microwavable foods and other staples to enjoy in your room. There was also a complimentary table set up with cups and beverages in dispensers in the lobby (there was a fruity iced tea and fruit infused water one afternoon). There was a small business center and exercise room along the hallway to the elevators. It was a very rainy weekend while we were there and we didn't have an opportunity to check out the pool.

The room was a decent size. Ours had two beds with a nightstand between, a chair with ottoman and side table, desk with chair, dresser with flat screen TV, a hutch with mini fridge, microwave and Keurig coffee maker with 4 K-cups (we had 2 reg coffee, 1 decaf, and a tea) and a closet with mirrored sliding doors with a small safe inside. The pictures on the wall were related to airplanes, a nod to the nearby Tampa airport. The room and bathroom lighting were fine. The bathroom had Neutrogena products, a wall mounted hair dryer, and ample towels.

One negative was the Garden Sleep System Bed. One of the two beds (mine) in the room didn't appear to work at all with the controller, and the other, which did have a noticeable difference between the firm and soft side, was nothing to write home about. I thought the bed was generally uncomfortable and would certainly not seek out a hotel specifically to stay in one of these beds.

The hotel is a short drive from both the Westshore Plaza (6 mins) and International Plaza (3 mins) malls, both featuring many dining options. There is also a Target, Walmart, and Whole Foods within about 8 minutes drive. It is about 17 minutes from the Hard Rock Casino and FL state fairgrounds.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear FL_Sable,

I am thrilled to hear that you had a great stay. We have a wonderful team here at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Westshore and it is always our goal to provide you with a memorable stay. I hope that if your travels bring you this way again that you will consider our property!

Silvana G.= Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The food is to expensive in there restaurants, there hotel rooms are in poor condition, the shower need work, The beds are poor , and old, FIND ANOTHER PLACE TO STAY. WHEN I TOLD THE FRONT DESK THEY DID NOTHING ABOUT IT.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
David, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are very sorry that you did not have a positive experience while staying at our hotel. We certainly are disappointed and we will do everything we can to address your concerns. Again, thank you for your comments.

Todd Kinney
Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Some hotels talk about wanting to be a TripAdvisor top-rated property, but the HGI at Tampa airport really works at it. The staff are professional and pleasant, the menu in the restaurant is refreshingly diverse (and you can still get a cheeseburger, either beef or turkey). My room was clean and well-maintained. I parked outside the side door of the hotel both nights conveniently; maybe if it had been pouring rain, I would have preferred the garage, though that would have necessitated a short walk across the road. I will definitely stay here again when in the Tampa area.

Room Tip: Ask for the side not facing the airport.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gus B
Dear Gus B,

Well that is quite an endorsement! I am so pleased that our property exceeded your expectations. We do our very best to provide each and every valued guest with a top notch customer service experience. Our team is dedicated to insuring that each guest feels welcomed and ‘at home’. I hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again.

Silvana G.- Guest Service Manager
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I must say, this place is amazing.
The positive staff, the cleanliness, location to the nearest restaurants and the local sights are right here.
Thank you for an amazing weekend!
All amenities were in perfect order, the bar made great margaritas, the restaurant had a all you can eat buffet or eggs to order. The lunch and evening meals were very good.
The prices were very reasonable.
Loved the adjustable mattresses and the quietness of this location.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Petra S,

Thank you for sharing with other travelers. We appreciate your time and look forward to your next visit!
Silvana G. - Guest Service Manager
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I guess maybe my expectations were a little higher for a Hilton. First, parking is terrible and you will probably be parking across the street in the garage; it is free but not convenient. The room is Ok, nothing great...is clean though. Breakfast is a weak point. For a $12.00 breakfast buffet that has cook to order eggs and French toast it comes up way short. The cook to order eggs is omelets only, I wanted scrambled and was told they are on the buffet. They were and they were so wet they were almost floating in water, absolutely horrible. I did order French toast and I got 4 very small and extremely thin triangles of raisin toast cooked as French toast! I thought that was very strange; so breakfast in my opinion is a bust. On a positive note, the employees a very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear bagger06,

Thank you so much for your review. We do have a huge complimentary garage just across our driveway.Our rooms are extremely clean and our housekeeping department does an outstanding job. I agree with you about our staff. They are top notch and it is always our goal to provide you with a 'home away from home' experience when you travel to our area. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay in our Coast Restaurant. I have passed on your comments to our food and beverage team and we truly appreciate your feedback.

Boston
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed overnight and really were impressed by the ease of getting from the airport to the hotel with their shuttle.The driver was very helpful and the staff at the hotel were great. A good experience all around.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank visitorBoston
Dear visitorBoston,

We are definitely convenient if you are traveling to or from TIA. I’m glad to hear that everything went smoothly for you. The complimentary shuttle to the airport is so convenient and is available 24/7. This is especially nice for those early morning flights! Please stop in again if your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for one night after a beach vacation because of an early morning flight. I was able to drop off my rental car the night before I left to save some money, took the shuttle back to the hotel and then took the shuttle back in the morning. The shuttle service was quick and easy, the room was very nice and there was plenty of coffee in the lobby in the morning. They did initially charge my credit card for $10 more than I was supposed to pay but they reversed this and made it correct before I even had a chance to contact them about it. Overall it was a great place to stay if you need to be close to the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

3 Thank Julie S
Dear Julie S,

Thanks so much for the great review! I am so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay. The $10 amount that you are referring to is actually just an authorization for incidentals and automatically falls off unless you make a purchase. I hope that we have the pleasure of hosting your next trip to Tampa!