“Great Hotel near Tampa Aitport”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #4 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Help at check in (room, advice on best resturant in the area for steaks) by Silvana, room, breakfast (extra charge ) was all fantastic. Overall an excellent guest experience...
Hotel also had laundry facilities which were good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear laluchicago,

Thanks for your kudos! I’m happy to hear that you had an ‘excellent’ stay with us. Our team goes above and beyond to provide outstanding service. The next time you are in Tampa be sure to stop in and see us!

Silvana G. - Guest Service Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,718)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The room was clean and a decent size. The front desk staff was professional. I had no problems with the wifi or the business center.

The bed was vey uncomfortable -- well below what is typically found at a Courtyard or a Hampton, for instance. While it was adjustable in theory, adjusting the firmness did not really help. The breakfast -- you can either pay for the buffet or order off the menu -- took too long. The restaurant appears to have a logistics issue; there were only two waitresses when I was there and they apparently had to bus in addition to wait.

This hotel is near the airport, and there was airplane noise in the room after 7 am. On the other hand, the hotel is very convenient to the airport -- essentially, you take a couple of access roads and off ramps to get there. Some noise from the hall and other rooms was audible in my room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Traveler, Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport on your recent visit to Tampa. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry that the bed was not comfortable for you. I can understand how important that is to a good night’s sleep. Our restaurant has a great breakfast buffet and at times we can be very busy taking care of the many guests that join us each morning. I am sorry our team was not able to service you as quickly as normal. Again, thank you for your feedback and have a great summer.

Todd Kinney

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here to be close to MEPS, to watch our son swear into the ARMY. Busy lobby. Had little restaurant didn't eat it, and a area that sold coffee and pastries, so that was convienant. Bedrooms and bathroom was nice. Only issue I had was parking- there's construction going on so if you didn't find parking in the little outdoor space, then you had to park in a garage. So there WAS parking, but if I didn't have my husband with me, I wouldn't want to be wandering around a parking garage for my car. That's the only negative I had.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear FunHaHa,

Thank you for your review. What a special time for your family. You must be so proud of your son and his selfless decision to serve our country! We did recently spend one weekend resurfacing our parking area surrounding the hotel to keep it looking great for our guests. Our complimentary parking garage is well lit and just across the driveway from our property. I certainly do understand your concerns and I am so sorry that this preventative maintenance was going on during your stay. I hope that you will visit us again so that we can better serve you. We thank your son for his service and wish the very best for your family.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I attended a meeting at this location and I was very impressed with the meeting space, decor and staff. Having attended numerous meetings in a hotel I was most intrigued on the catered lunch and presentation of the buffet. The food was excellent and not your typical "bad banquet" most hotels are sadly known for. Hilton garden inn tampa westshore definitely takes pride in their facility and couldn't be better displayed when the general managed came out introducing himself. I didn't occupy a room for this meeting however, I have stayed here in the past.... See previous reviews. Lastly, there is a staff member that always stands out here, Silvana, she demonstrates and defines exactly what hospitality is all about. Thank you once again for a terrific experience!

• Stayed: June 2014

ear Jackie f,

I am pleased to hear that your meeting went well. Our sales team does a fantastic job to insure that every need is met for our business clients. Their attention to detail is unsurpassed. Our Coast Restaurant is amazing and I love when our guests are pleasantly surprised by the upscale dining experience that the Coast provides. The menu is creative and the food is absolutely delicious! Thanks so much for your kind remarks. I will definitely share your feedback with our team. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We arrived around midnight and left around 8AM so our stay was pretty brief. The Airport shuttle service, hotel location, and value were the reasons we picked this hotel. We were not disappointed. I would suggest upgrading the air conditioners as it was quite noisy in our room, and we had to shut it off. The staff was courteous and professional, and the room was clean and comfortable. We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant and the food and service were both excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear J R,

I’m glad that your stay was to your liking. We do recognize that when you are here for a short time it is important that things go smoothly so that you can get the best rest possible. I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience with the AC. From time to time we have a unit that may be a little noisy. Normally our maintenance staff would be up in a matter of minutes to address the issue but I know at night when you need to be sleeping that is really not a convenient option. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed dining in our Coast Restaurant. So many of our guests are delighted to ‘discover’ such an amazing dining experience right here at our property. Our team is dedicated to providing the best customer service experience possible for our valued guests. I hope that you will stay with us again when you have more time to enjoy all of our wonderful amenities.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel continues to be one of my favorites. It is quiet, clean and so convenient to the airport and is centrally located so getting to Pinellas county is just as easy as getting to downtown Tampa and to the Westshore business district. I was instantly recognized at check in by Silvana and her team and was well taken care of by Erica in the bar who always recognizes all of us who are frequent guests. The entire staff are extremely welcoming. The hotel has recently added many new items to the menu and has really improved the offering which was always great anyway. Cannot wait to return next month.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sean H,

It is always a pleasure to see you. Please let me know when you have made your next reservation. Our return guests are really like family. We are always so happy to see them come in the door so it is really gratifying to know that the feeling is mutual! I appreciate your kind comments and Erica IS amazing. She has her own fan club at the Reel Lobby Bar. The Coast Restaurant works very hard to keep the menu fresh and exciting. This would be first noticed by our guests that stay frequently. I will certainly pass on your compliments to the Chef. See you next month!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My family and I went to Tampa to visit the Lowry Park Zoo, and this hotel was very convenient. (The zoo was only 10 minutes away)The desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and we had a nice view of the pool. There is a large parking garage in front of the building that you can use free of charge, you only need your keycard. Breakfast is not complimentary (i don't think it is at any HGI), but we paid an extra $20 for a breakfast voucher for a family of 4. It was worth it since breakfast is 12.95 per person. I didn't realize when i made the reservation that the airport is literally right across the street, however it didn't bother us at all. It wasn't noisy even though we had a room facing the airport. The only complaint i have is that the tv kept changing channels by itself! We had a jr. suite with 2 tvs, and they both did that, weird. The internet kept going in and out also. But it was very nice, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bianca A

Dear Bianca A,

We appreciate the time that you took to write a review for us. I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed your time here. The Hilton Garden Inn brand does not include ‘free’ breakfast however there are great deals out there! Gold and Diamond members receive breakfast as one of their amenities so signing up for the Hilton Honors program is definitely beneficial. We also have several packages that do include breakfast at a much reduced rate (the Bed and Breakfast package and the Sailaway package to name a few). Thanks for letting us know about the TV in your room. That is very odd and we did have our maintenance take a look. It turns out that it needed to be reprogrammed. I apologize for your inconvenience. Our guests comment all the time about how you can not hear any noise from the airport. It is really very quiet here and we do experience any external noise. I hope we will see you and your family the next time you head our way!