“Nothing special...but its near the airport so expected I guess”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #5 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Not sure what is up with hotels now... if they have purposely stopped daily service but this one has. I stayed six days and my room was serviced every other day. Didnt need the towels but would have been nice to have the trash emptied at the very least. This is a busy hotel. Was supposed to stay 30 days but moved to a hotel that was less noisy, that I could walk to meals and shopping vs drive everywhere. It was clean but I wouldnt go back.

Room Tip: probably a good place for cruise travelers
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Pjhench,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. Thank you for commenting on the cleanliness of our property. Please be assured that our rooms are serviced daily (unless there is a 'do not disturb' sign on the door).We do have a very convenient shuttle service that will take you to the most popular area malls (International Plaza and Westshore Mall- with a movie theatre as well) and also to local restaurants where you will find many of the top restaurants in Tampa. We have our amazing Coast Restaurant right here at our property that offers a wonderful dining experience as well. You can leave your car in the complimentary parking garage and use the quick and easy shuttle service to get to the best shopping/restaurants in Tampa only minutes away! I hope that we have another opportunity to better serve you in the future. Thanks again for being our guest.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The front desk staff of Rosie and Cathy were awesome. Vero close to TPA airport without the noise. Large comfortable room with everything you need. This was a good choice for the night especially if you are flying in.

Room Tip: free airport pickup
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Bruce S,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to post comments about your recent stay. Cathy and Rosie are truly dedicated staff members and we are fortunate to have them on our team! I will be sure to pass on your kind remarks. I hope that you visit us again the next time that you are in Tampa!

Silvana G.- Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The management really came trough for us. We ran into a problem with our sofa bed, which we needed for the fifth person in our party. Shockingly, we were given the room right across the hall in addition to the one we already had, at no additional cost. We were very pleased with the way the situation was handled. The hotel was also very comfortable and clean. We will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank David H
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

David, Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I am so glad to hear that our staff resolved your issue with the sleeper sofa. It’s refreshing to hear these kind of comments about our staff. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.

Todd Kinney

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Very friendly hotel and good value for money. Shuttle bus frequent but instructions on where to go to get it at time of booking would be useful. Lovely comfy beds and well appointed rooms. I would stay here again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacandneil
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Jacandneil,

Sounds like you had a wonderful stay. That is what we love to hear! The shuttle service is quite convenient especially when you have an early morning flight. Our beds are amazing and 'friendly' is what we do best! Our valued guest's comfort and convenience is of the utmost importance at our property. Our team is dedicated to insuring your complete satisfaction. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

What a joke. I spent my birthday night here. I dined at their restaurant and was very disappointed. The agave tequila drink was supposed to have cilantro in it. The bartender put rosemary in it. It was returned only for her to use PARSLEY in it!

The scallop dish was way over cooked and the asparagus was about 3/4" in diameter. If you are a foodie you won't appreciate such blunders. I was given apology and not charged. The staff at rest. We're pleasant, but I would have rather had a nice meal to enjoy instead of a very Unmemorable birthday dinner.

I would not have left a bad review in just this"....".............

Early AM, I was woken up by a strong light coming in the window where the black out curtain doesn't meet. Around 8 I called to complain, I wanted good sleep more than anything.

They sent up a girl who said she would staple the curtain to the wall, but she arrived with tape. We'll tape didn't really work. The gap in the curtain exposing light was aimed right at the bed.

20 minutes later the operations manager said he could fix it.

He interrupted me once again.he said he would have yet another person come to tape it up all the way to the ceiling.

I told him I didn't need more intrusions......

At checkout I presented him with photos of the problem. The decorator curtain was only on one side which would have prevented light from coming in on the other side

The complaint went over his heads he didn't get it.

Never have I seen a decorator curtain on only one side.

The bed was a bit too firm ,but the entry of light ruined my stay. I was given a breakfast coupon which I didn't use, I needed sleep, not food. I certainly was in no mood to get up and go down to eat when I didn't have proper sleep. The management is clueless

Complete waste of $189. A rip off

They don't have recycle bins either

The flavored water at the front tastes like artificial flavored powdered drink mix with floating citrus .

This place disappointed.

I posted photos of their home page of the light problem. I will post the asparagus also. You can see how thick and inedible it was

Fancy presentations don't fool me. I'm a well traveled , food savy person

The photo show light coming in after tape job

The time spent complaining and writing this will not help me . In fact I doubt the staff will make any adjustments . Anyway. I mentioned it and I was left Unsatisfied. I wish I could donate the $189 to charity

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2014

Dear Travel, We certainly appreciate your feedback and we are sorry you did not have a pleasant experience. Based on your comments we were able to address the F&B concerns with our staff and culinary team and provide them some additional training. As for the black out drapes, or the lack of, we have since purchased a replacement drape as that one was removed.

Again, we are sorry for the disappointment and we hope you can give us another try should your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Todd Kinney

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We recently stayed here for one night prior to flying out from Tampa International, and were very pleased. It's a fairly new property close to the airport, and happens to have an economy parking garage ($7 a day) right across the street. We'll echo the positive comments made by others and say that this is a great place to stay if you're flying in or out of the airport or attending a Bucs game. By the way, our AAA rate was very reasonable!

Room Tip: We were surprised at how quiet the room was, given its close proximity to the airport.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear gc54,

We appreciate your feedback and it was our pleasure to host you while you were in Tampa. We do have a very large parking garage directly across our driveway that is very reasonably priced for long term parking (less expensive than the airport) and also very convenient. All parking is completely complimentary during your stay with us! I'm glad that you found our property fulfilled your travel needs and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We don’t just remember a hotel because of its comfort and looking. I stayed at Tampa Hilton Garden Inn and could experience a remarkable service when a trouble with payment procedure or bank (I never knew) put in risk my stay. Silvana (Manager) and Adrianna (reception desk) took care of my problem with a genuine interest that I will always recognize. Whenever I return to Tampa I will stay with them again. Indeed..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alejandro M

Dear Alejandro M,

Thanks so much and I'm so happy that we were able to help you. Adrianna is amazing and our team is dedicated to assisting our guests in any way possible. Your comfort and happiness is our number one concern here at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Westshore and we would be honored to host you again the next time you visit Tampa.