Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa
Sailport Waterfront Suites(Tampa)
US$185
US$168
Travelocity
All reviewspool areacruise portnice poolneeded a place to staypre cruise staythe shuttle driverdowntown tampafree shuttlepoolsideuber
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Here for two days on a business trip. Nothing fancy but very friendly staff; a little outdated, however the rooms are large & clean. Since it was not a vacation I didn't mind the noice level starting at 6AM due to garbage trucks in the lot picking up waste from hotel. Restaurant/cafe for breakfast (not included in price) was also "ok". Short trip to convention center. WiFi only works downstairs????? Get a room in the back of hotel if you don't want an early wake up call. It's really more of a motel with kitchenette than a hotel although the do have a spa which I did not use.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 21 February 2012

E-mailed them to confirm for park and ride (cruise). Never responded. When I arrived I verifyed for transportation to cruise ship. They verifyed. Next morning when time to go to cruise ship, they didn't have me listed-Didn't do a thing to help me, had to get a cab and pay out of my own pocket. Floors very dirty and has a spider problem.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Went to the cafe for breakfast with family. Delicious eggs benedict. Busy restaurant with good food & service. Nice atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I was nervous to book this hotel, since it was not a well known chain hotel. Sure, this is a hotel that has a certain back in time charm- but it still had a clean, well cared for quality that makes it a modern and comfy stay in Tampa.
The walls were thin, since it was an older establishment. However, it did not detract from our stay. My boyfriend got a massage in the Spa, and was quite happy with the experience. Overall, I would suggest this hotel to anyone staying in Tampa.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lovey13
Reviewed 3 February 2012

My husband and I were here for convention at Tampa Convention Center and all hotels around convention center were $250 +. Tahitian Inn was the closest to Convention Center at a reasonable price. Wish I had paid $50 but rate this time of year was $109. Still a great value! I had booked a Queen Suite at $139/night but upon arrival I was told that it was windowless. I have to say that the website is confusing when it comes to room descriptions.

Stayed on 2nd floor of main building (room 236) with large sliding glass door to itsy bitsy balcony. No room to go out on balcony but nice to be able to open doors. Palm tree directly in front of window for privacy. A little noisy from traffic on Dale Mabry which is one of the main drags in Tampa. I would not want either of the rooms facing Dale Mabry which also have the small balcony because you would hear the roar of Dale Mabry for sure with no buffer.

Rooms are nice -- good size, nice decor (English colonial), tile floors, comfortable bed, great kitchen complete with sink, microwave & refrig. Coffee maker too. No dishes or forks though so bring your own if you plan to dine in.

Did not see rooms at back of property inside but from outside looked fine. They would definitely be quieter but I have to defer to other reviewers for their layout and appeal. In traditional motel style with parking in front of rooms and 2 stories with doors open to parking lot.

Kon Tiki restaurant was closed while we were there. A little mysterious. In the bar they told us that they were on hiatus??? Bar has some food available but so many great choices around Tampa, Id go out for sure.

Hotel is small, nice and right in the thick of it all in Tampa. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business