Had to write a review after having concerns reading others...
My mom and I stayed one night in the Tahitian Inn for a quick get together before a business trip in the area. I chose the hotel based on price and reviews, knowing that this was not going to be a five star place but probably one with some character instead. We were not disappointed in the least!
Tahitian Inn is clean, the rooms are spacious, and the staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. The shuttle driver picked me up at the airport and drove me directly to the hotel, for free! I arrived quite early in the day and hung out at the pool bar waiting for our room (and for Mom to arrive). Mike took excellent care of us and remembered us later in the evening when we returned after dinner for another glass of wine. The front desk clerk showed me where to store my bags and checked frequently for the availability of my room for me.
The room was very spacious. Two very comfortable queen beds, fridge, microwave. Very clean. As some people have said, the place could maybe use some updating but if it's CLEAN and inexpensive and everyone is friendly how can you complain? Added to the Florida charm a bit, I think. I was a bit concerned that the room would be loud, but we were quite a ways down from the pool. We didn't have any issues with noise. The air conditioner is a bit loud, but I like to have a little background noise to act as white noise anyway so it was fine. The TV has TERRIBLE picture and reception, that would be my only real complaint. And the "free" internet didn't work. Everytime I've stayed somewhere with "free" wifi that's always been the case, however.
The food in the restaurant was suprisingly good (I set the bar pretty low for hotel food). Lots of options and the food was fresh and tasty. We had lunch and breakfast, once at the Tiki bar and once at the patio area off the restaurant.
This was perfect for two girls enjoying each other's company and the surroundings. I would definitely go back when looking for a low key, chill, clean, friendly place in Tampa. Great location too- easy access to freeway and downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahitian Inn and Spa is a boutique gem in the heart of South Tampa. Located just minutes from downtown, Raymond James, and Tampa International airport, the legendary Bern's Steakhouse, and SOHO area, University of Tampa, shopping and dining, Tahitian Inn is in the perfect location. With on-site dining and outdoor pool and poolside Tiki-bar, guests enjoy resort-style amenities and an all-inclusive experience. Rooms are interior Executive or exterior Cabana rooms, all have tile floors, microwave, mini-fridge, free wifi, free parking, and with executive Queen rooms add a wet bar, plus jetted tub and balcony upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe Tampa
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe And Spa
- Tahitian Hotel Tampa
- Tahitian Inn Spa
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa Tampa, Florida