“Lovely boutique hotel. Had a great stay.”

Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa
Ranked #98 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Really enjoyed my stay. Large, well kept, clean, and nicely decorated rooms. Staff really friendly. Great breakfasts at Tiki Joe's. Location was pretty good, in town for a conference at the convention centre, only a short cab ride away. Lots to do nearby. Will return if I come back to Tampa in future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dan H

Reviewed 25 April 2014

the staff was incredibly friendly. rooms were clean. very tommy bahama. piol was great with a very nice tiki bar and pool side cabanas. not far from downtown. staff vwry helpful. unfortunately no shuttle service to tampa times forum

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed here a few weeks ago. The pictures on line are misleading. We were in the "motel" like room and it was not worth the amount of money we paid. The air conditioner was super loud going on and off all night. There was a domestic fight in the early morning hours that all could here. The sign by the pool said "no dogs allowed" and yet there was a dog sitting in a chair at the bar. The hotel clerk was not very friendly or helpful. The rooms in the main area may be better than the ones we stayed in.

1  Thank ronjon90
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

First of all, they aggressively promote a luxury spa, not only on their web site, but there are signs and promotional materials for the spa Al over the place, including in the rooms. The spa closed ages ago. Secondly, the clientele is absolute bottom of the barrel. Low life alcoholics drinking ask night long and smoking in the hallways and carrying on.... The location isn't good enough to warrant putting up with this place. It's on a strip of road that has nothing but low end chain stores.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank DavioHadzi
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This hotel "could" be nice if only the management were keeping an eye on the property and managing rowdy guests. It seems to attract a rough crowd who party in their rooms long after the poolside bar closes.

The rooms are okay (rather typical motel style with loud air conditioners), but the quality of the guests is what really brings my score down. Unless you are a the hearty partier, move on to something much nicer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Swede_Oak
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Had to write a review after having concerns reading others...
My mom and I stayed one night in the Tahitian Inn for a quick get together before a business trip in the area. I chose the hotel based on price and reviews, knowing that this was not going to be a five star place but probably one with some character instead. We were not disappointed in the least!

Tahitian Inn is clean, the rooms are spacious, and the staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. The shuttle driver picked me up at the airport and drove me directly to the hotel, for free! I arrived quite early in the day and hung out at the pool bar waiting for our room (and for Mom to arrive). Mike took excellent care of us and remembered us later in the evening when we returned after dinner for another glass of wine. The front desk clerk showed me where to store my bags and checked frequently for the availability of my room for me.

The room was very spacious. Two very comfortable queen beds, fridge, microwave. Very clean. As some people have said, the place could maybe use some updating but if it's CLEAN and inexpensive and everyone is friendly how can you complain? Added to the Florida charm a bit, I think. I was a bit concerned that the room would be loud, but we were quite a ways down from the pool. We didn't have any issues with noise. The air conditioner is a bit loud, but I like to have a little background noise to act as white noise anyway so it was fine. The TV has TERRIBLE picture and reception, that would be my only real complaint. And the "free" internet didn't work. Everytime I've stayed somewhere with "free" wifi that's always been the case, however.

The food in the restaurant was suprisingly good (I set the bar pretty low for hotel food). Lots of options and the food was fresh and tasty. We had lunch and breakfast, once at the Tiki bar and once at the patio area off the restaurant.

This was perfect for two girls enjoying each other's company and the surroundings. I would definitely go back when looking for a low key, chill, clean, friendly place in Tampa. Great location too- easy access to freeway and downtown.

Room Tip: Far away from pool if you can
1  Thank MNJenRN
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I called to make my reservation and told them that I was going on a cruise and would be using their service to take my family to the port and leave my car there. She said that she would add me to the list for my particular day.

Upon check-in, I was told that the shuttle service was quite full. I mentioned that I previously had arranged it. I was told they could take us only at 9am. ok.. Does anyone know what is going on at a cruise terminal at 9am?? The previous guest are waking up and thinking about getting off the ship! Also at this time, 2 ladies behind the counter starting speaking in NOT ENGLISH. Let's see.. if I am the only other person around.. I would have to assume they are talking about ME! UGH!

After trying to sleep there.. which was nearly impossible because it's exterior coordinators and people running around and yelling all night and the a/c on and off all night... we decide to go to the port on our own. What a waste of $135!

Once we were home from our trip, my daughter realized she left her glasses at this dump. So I called at 7pm on a Sunday night. Amber answered the phone and told me I needed to call back tomorrow after 9am and speak with housekeeping. So I did.. and Amber again answered the phone. This time, she took my name, number and other information and told me she'd call me back. Why on earth could she not have done that the night before??!! She did call me back and they did have the glasses, which were mailed to me at my expense quite quickly. My other issue... if they cleaned my room...why couldn't they have the common sense to call my phone and say "we found glasses, are they yours"?

Terrible service. Terrible noise. Terrible a/c system and goes on and off all night long.
Find somewhere else to stay!!!

3  Thank kc7294