My wedding plans were lost, then remade, then lost again. Turning my wedding into a horrible night! Nothing promised was delivered.
To begin, I will say I waited a very long time to write this review. But it has taken this long for me not to burst into tears every time I think about my wedding at the Tahitian Inn. In February my husband and I put our down payment on the facility to have our wedding reception in the restaurant and patio. We gave this down payment to a women named Elisabeth. She quoted me a price that we agreed on and we planned the menu, decor, and seating arrangements.
One month before our reception (November 11, 2013) my now husband received a call from a women saying that she saw our wedding on a calendar but did not know who we were, if we had payed, and what we wanted. She told him we would have to come back to re-negotiate. He stormed down to the inn in a rampage and explained to her this was already taken care of. The story he was told was that Elisabeth quit AND TOOK ALL OF THE WEDDING PLANS FOR EVERYONE WITH HER. So apparently I am not alone in this nightmare. Next thing we know we have to send all of our correspondence to a women named Susie who is ''Kind enough'' to honor our price we were quoted. Up until a few days before the wedding she emails back and forth with me trying to figure out who sits where and who eats what. I send her a seating chart and explained each name plate is color coordinated to their dish choice.
Day of the wedding arrives. We go in an hour before (the time we are allowed) and the only person there IS A BAR TENDER! By the way seating chart is gone, entrees list gone! Also, we are told we can't have 6 to a table, at least 20 of my relatives are shoved in a booth in the back. Now my reception is AN HOUR behind. Also, we are told we can't have 6 to a table, at least 20 of my relatives are shoved in a booth in the back. There goes any grand entrance. I stroll in with tears in my eyes.
Now I find out my hors d'oeuvres are not being butlered...why? No staff. My salads are served before the hors d'oeuvres and when I say something the waitress begins TAKING THEM BACK FROM MY GUESTS! Also, I am gluten free and so is my best man (this was explained multiple times to Elisabeth and Susie), we get croutons! I ask for the salads to be taken back...they come back with the croutons picked out..still crumbs. Both of us get food poisoning that evening. Then when entrees are served no one gets what they ordered even though their name tag SAYS WHAT THEY ORDERED!
By now I am over it!
I will say the bartender (her name tag said ''Toots'') she was not meant to be a wedding planner and did as best she could. She gave me at least two hugs and many drinks to calm me down. I'm pretty sure she got tipped a significant at least 3 times by family.
That night after the fiasco is over my mother-in-laws air conditioner in her room goes out. She gives up and drives home. Oh yeah, one last thing- my husband payed the bill for the night, not my father as asked for...because of a ''credit card mix up''!
My wedding is ruined and it has taken me until now not to get sick to my stomach trying to tell my story. Not to mention when I filed a complained with BBB I got a letter blaiming it all on me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahitian Inn and Spa is a boutique gem in the heart of South Tampa. Located just minutes from downtown, Raymond James, and Tampa International airport, the legendary Bern's Steakhouse, and SOHO area, University of Tampa, shopping and dining, Tahitian Inn is in the perfect location. With on-site dining and outdoor pool and poolside Tiki-bar, guests enjoy resort-style amenities and an all-inclusive experience. Rooms are interior Executive or exterior Cabana rooms, all have tile floors, microwave, mini-fridge, free wifi, free parking, and with executive Queen rooms add a wet bar, plus jetted tub and balcony upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe Tampa
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe And Spa
- Tahitian Hotel Tampa
- Tahitian Inn Spa
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa Tampa, Florida