All reviewsraymond james stadiumfront desk staffbeds were comfortablefree breakfastyogurtan early flightgreat place to staythe breakfast areadefinitely stay here againtampa airportstarrmicrowaveshuttlecruise
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Clean, friendly service, good food, free wi-fi in room, not a bad location.

Not all of the tv channels worked and when you have a small child that you would like to turn on PBS for while you pack but you can't because it's not working, that's a problem.

Breakfast was good, eggs, bacon, cereal, yogurt, fruit, bread, bagels, and waffles. There is a toaster and a waffle maker however there is only 1 waffle maker and it takes 2 min for 1 waffle to come out. Would like to see a 2nd one get put as there was a line.

Good size room. I was in a 2 Queen bedroom and it was great. Small fridge (no freezer section), microwave, coffee maker, closet with door, desk, dresser, couch, chair, and coffee table. Beautiful bathroom: shower/tub combo with good water pressure.

I requested a room not on the 1st floor and on the backside of the hotel (for noise control from the main road). They apologized when I arrived that they couldn't put me in the back because all queen beds are along the front of the hotel but that they could put me on the 4th floor. I told them not a problem (what am I going to do, complain until they moved the beds to another room?) and we went to our room. There was no issue with noise. I heard 1 airplane fly over after 8pm and hardly any cars. So recommend asking for a room not on the 1st floor and you'll be fine.

Overall, yes I will stay here again. Even considered extending my stay another night because it's only 15 minutes from Busch Gardens and 30 minutes from the coast in Clearwater. If you're looking for a place close to the airport without the noise, this is a good one because it's only 5 minutes down the road and you don't hear planes at night.

Room Tip: Higher floor room will help cut the noise from the road.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank WillVolk
gmfl760, Manager at Comfort Suites Tampa Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your response will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

First off, the hotel is not exactly located in the best part of town. There are virtually no restaurants nearby - just a ton of bodega-type merchants. I didn't feel unsafe, but rather unsettled.

The hotel appears to be new, and everything was quite clean. The room itself, however, is not exactly what I would consider a suite. In fact, it's not really any bigger than a standard hotel room. The 'living area' is small with a sofa, coffee table, and mini-fridge with coffee maker. There is a 1/3 wall between the living area and bedroom, and the TV straddles this area. The bed was pretty comfortable, but the drapes didn't exactly meet in the middle, causing light to seep into the room. Worst part - you can hear everything in the room next to you and out in the hallway.

Net, I'm mixed on this one - it was just 'OK.' Unless I really needed to be in this specific area, I would probably pass it up.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I don't know what the rate is during high season, but this may be the best deal in Tampa in September. Very nice room, good WiFi, good breakfast, nice clean outdoor pool. TIP The hotel is off the toll road from the airport. You will need 50 cents in coin to exit the toll road, and to get back on. (You won't appreciate this tip until it's dark and you don't have change in your pocket so you have to pull over to get change out of you carry on in the trunk!)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank T_and_M_travels2011
gmfl760, Manager at Comfort Suites Tampa Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Reviewed 2 August 2011

great in every which way...location,staff, quality of rooms, etc

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 July 2011

Noisy, horrible, DIRTY hotel........housekeeping is rude and obnoxious!!! Will never recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business