Comfort Suites Tampa Airport North
Ranked #32 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
“Ok”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

If you look for a reasonable price not far from the airport, this hotel might be a good choice. Free breakfast is ok. Free wireless is poor. Staff is friendly. You'll find one or two restaurants nearby. However, the location is not extraordinary. This is basically a good hotel for a quick night stop while on the road.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Swissworld_traveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Me and my husband stayed one nite while we were in Tampa ! I have to say I loved this hotel! It has really friendly stuff working and our room was nice and clean ! Love how comfortable their bed was ! Great little hotel , thank you!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank korcula22
gmfl760, Manager at Comfort Suites Tampa Airport North, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Thank you so much for staying with the Comfort Suites near Raymond James Stadium. We apprecaite your business and we hope to see you soon again.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I was flooded out my house for a month. I stayed at 4 diffrent hotels. This was not only the best out of the four, it may have been the best I have ever stayed at. The beds are the most comfortable I have EVER layed on. I might just stay here again for a romantic getway.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank iluvtokuddle
gmfl760, Manager at Comfort Suites Tampa Airport North, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your response will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Cincinnati
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The hotel is very nice...clean, reasonable prices and the staff was so helpful. We had a late check-in and someone was using the lobby computer, so they allowed my husband to print out our boarding passes and baggage check-in on their computer. This really helped us out for our early flights the next day! We would definitely visit again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Orange City, Florida
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Positives

The room was spacious.
Beds were fairly comfortable.
There were a microwave and a fridge in room.

Negatives

There was no bedding for the sofabed except for a nasty blanket that had either chocolate or something else on it, if you get my drift. We turned that in to the front desk and got another blanket with a red stain; finally got a decent blanket on the third try. Icky.

The laundry room had two washers and two dryers, but one dryer was out of order; with several soccer teams onsite, doing laundry was slow going!

The elevator broke down and was beeping loudly and constantly for quite a while; you could hear it throughout the hotel, even in our room at the end of the hall.

Last but not least, my pet peeve: the "hot tub" was barely lukewarm. After a long day of travel I was so looking forward to a soak; desk clerk "reset" it and told me to come back later. I did; no change. Tried again the next day, same thing. The desk clerk told me it was working. I told her the reason I had booked this hotel over another was to relax in the hot tub. I am an experienced traveler and I think I know what a hotel hot tub should feel like, and this was not it. I went down later, and there were several kids in the hot tub with the bubbles on. I put my hand in and the temperature was the same, still lukewarm. But the kids didn't seem to mind! The front desk clerk insisted it was working; I disagreed and asked to have a manager call me. The manager later called me in our room, and I told her it most certainly was not working. She was very kind and respectful and said she'd look into it. Too late for me, as we had an early game and would be checking out.

Overall, it was an average property with some glitches, but the thing that bothered me most was the way I was treated. Don't get me wrong; while obviously exasperated with me and my unreasonable thoughts on hot tubbing, the staff was not overtly disrespectful. But to be treated as if I truly must be unaware of what temperature a hotel hot tub should feel like really annoyed me. I solved the problem; I went down the road to the Country Inn and Suites where the rest of the team was staying. They had a hot tub that was heated, imagine that. So I got to have my R&R in their hot tub! And next time I will pay the extra 14 dollars and stay there.

Several days after I arrived home, I received a letter signed by both the owner and the manager of the hotel. It told me that I was mistaken; the hot tub was working. No one else had ever complained, and there were people in it that evening (yeah, kids who enjoy lukewarm water and bubbles!) so obviously it was working. The staff had checked the gauges and it was set to the proper temperature. They were sorry I didn't have a good stay.

Oh dear, I thought. I have to call and let them know that the letter did NOT help. It would've been better if they hadn't sent it at all, since it just emphasized the fact that I am the lone idiot who doesn't understand hot tubs. I called and spoke with the manager. I said "I'm the one who complained about the hot tub." She said, "Room 300?" I laughed. Apparenty Room Three Hundred was a problem child! I told her that I had received the letter she sent, but she had no knowledge of it. Apparently the owner signed her name to it without telling her. So I just politely read the letter to her, told her that the letter made me feel worse about my experience, and she needed to know that. We politely wrapped it up and said our goodbyes.

Goodbye, Comfort Suites Near Raymond James Stadium.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank phreddiem
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Closer to Raymond James Stadium but nothing else. Girl at front desk was more concerned about her nails than our check-in. Room was OK but tired looking with several cigarette burns in the rug (Smoke free hotel?). Complementary breakfast was very limited and finishes at 09:00 which I feel is too early, especially for those on vacation. I don't think I'd stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank The_race12
gmfl760, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Tampa Airport North, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us recently, we value your opinions and appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. I have addressed the issues you have brought up regarding your stay and they have been addressed.

Best Regards,

Comfort Suites near Raymond James Stadium Management.
Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Comfort Suites is a little out of the way but the facilities are well kept and the place is pristine. Large, comfortably furnished suites suites with a sitting room, bedroom and big bathroom. Lots of storage space. Good free breakfast buffet. An easy, stress-free, friendly hotel.

The neighbourhood is light industrial but good restaurants are nearby - try the Copa, about 2 km up Waters Ave, excellent Spanish style cuisine in a neighbourhood institution.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple