“Keep in Mind”

Ranked #28 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Keep in Mind”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The thing that really ticked me off about this place is the internet. Not because it went down several times, but each time it did, I had to watch a video to "EARN my free wifi."I had to choose either a VW or Audit video to watch for 30 seconds, several times in one day. That, is not free. I don't appreciate it. Call it what it is: Free with forced viewing. Really lame.
The elevator: Around the 4th floor and above, it creaks loudly and seems to hit things as it goes up. If you're not a fan of elevators, you won't like it. It's a little disturbing. When you first get in, the DINGS of each elevator level passing are deafening. No joke! Not an exaggeration.
The floor I was on smelled like someone needs to steam clean the carpets. Thank goodness the maid covered it up my individual room on the second day with some spray, but it smells like a steamy shower that needs to be cleaned. Not moldy, but it smells like things I'd rather not write here. I did not report this, because the whole floor smells. It's just worse when one enters the room. It's a warm, gross bodily type smell.
Other than the odor, room appeared clean.
I'm not sure if hot water is for breakfast only, but in the lobby, there is a closed pitcher that says MY Morning Breakfast Water. ?? Does everyone only drink coffee? I was looking for some hot water to go with the tea bags at night.
Breakfast is the usual chemical fest, with only 2% and non-fat milk (???). Looks like someone is reading their 1970's nutrition guide. Then, activia, carbs, carbs, colorful carbs, some food I didn't even bother open. The only free breakfast I ever somewhat tolerated was Hyatt Express with their croissant-like egg and spinach like concoctions, to be fair. I stayed at a hotel with whole milk cartons, that was the majority of the takeaways.
The door to my room was really really heavy, and trying to get luggage in and holding the door open was quite a feat. At least I didn't hear constant door slams.
All in all, I would stay here again because hotels are on some kick about paying more when one books closer to the date, and saving when one books in the distance. I refuse to book like an airline. This one of the few with a decent rating and a decent value.
Also, the staff is nice and if they'd just make some very minor improvements, it could be really good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Misty M
gmfl760, Manager at Comfort Suites near Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback in regards to your stay. Its help us here at the hotel so much improve on our customer satsifaction. I have contacted our internet provider in regards to the video to login I agree it can be frustrating and I hope to rectify it immediately for our guests. Our carpets are being professionaly cleaned this week, the 5th floor was completed about 2 weeks ago. Due to the higher occupancy we were unable to get more accomplished, however they are scheduled to be back on Monday and Tuesday to finish the public areas. I truly do apologize about the odor and I hope you see an improvement on your next stay. Hot water is available 24 hours it is a push top not like the other ones where there is a lever. My staff and I are always available to make sure you have everything you need and I will make sure to have them be more observant in that area. We are also making some more improvements to our breakfast to meet some of the requests we have had. We recently added hot chocolate as well as Biscuits and Gravy will be added twice a week. During your next visit please contact me via email at shitalpatel5@hotmail.com or telephone in regards to your specific diet and I will make every attempt to make sure you start your day right with a breakfast you can enjoy. Overall I am glad you will be back so that we can show you the improvements we have made and will be making for you and all of our other valued guests.

Best regards,

Shital Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

The airline put us in this hotel because of grounded flights. What a joy! The staff was very accommodating, very friendly & helpful. The room was very spacious, clean & one of the most comfortable beds in a very long time. Our bath was well appointed & clean.

My only negative was some mold in the bath at the top of the wall, near the ceiling. There was also some discolorations on the wall in the bath. Not sure what they were. Being in FL I almost understand. But, should be cleaned.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your response will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Sylvester, Georgia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The hotel was very nice and clean. The hotel staff was amazing especially Stephanie at the front desk! The staff welcomed my husband and I immediately. The beds were comfortable to sleep in (which is always important to me)! I DEFINETLY recommend this room to anyone that is in the Tampa area!! Plus, this hotel is near the shopping area and restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MrsDemps

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

I must say I really enjoyed this Hotel..I flew in from Canada on a business meeting.And I was able to have great access to & from the airport..Soon as I walked in the door I was greeted by Stephanie and kesha, who was very Sweet and will keep you laughing. I can see why Stephanie have great reviews ..My check in process was quick, my room was nice and spacious with plenty electrical outlet..I was really please when Stephanie called my room 10min after me being in the room to make sure everything was OK...My bed was so comfortable. I wish I had those mattress at Home..I never use the exercise facility and I hate I didn't have time fore breakfast.I will definitely come back when & if Im in time....

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank CanadianChick28

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The property is clean, modern and well-maintained. The suite was nice and had plenty of outlets for electronic devices. The walls seem to be a little on the thin side (could hear neighbors talking loudly late at night).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank honestrealreviews
gmfl760, Manager at Comfort Suites near Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, 13 January 2014

Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Solid hotel, everything worked, clean with modern conveniences. Good value. Stephanie & Star at the front desk were fun and helpful. Enjoyed the visit and will definitely stay next time I am in Tampa on business.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This was a great hotel. Very clean and the front desk was very helpful. Room was very spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Great location but it located in an industrial area. Not that far from Raymond James Stadium and very easy to get to. Breakfast in the morning was good. Planes do fly over the hotel but barely can hear them.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
gmfl760, Manager at Comfort Suites near Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, 10 January 2014