“Origami Sushi really does have a Happy Hour!”
Review of Origami Sushi

Origami Sushi
Ranked #398 of 2,384 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Sterling, Alaska
“Origami Sushi really does have a Happy Hour!”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We love sushi, especially GOOD sushi at a respectable price. We think Origami is a delightful place to spend the end of a work day, enjoying their delightful Happy Hour menu of sushi and drinks. We thought their wine selection was a bargain and quite nice. We like to request light rice on the rolls and that is readily offered. Their white tuna sashimi was wonderful and a generous portion. Try it! I think you will be happy too!

• Visited October 2012

Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This place was great for the price. I went during happy (3) hours. The sushi was fresh and delicious. I ate entirely too much because it was so cheap and good. I would highly recommend if you are close.

• Visited August 2012
Florida
“Great visit for lunch!”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We had lunch at the Waters Ave location recently & thoroughly enjoyed it. Our server, Sharee, couldn't have been nicer. She was attentive & made us feel welcome. We each had the $9.95 lunch special that comes with miso, salad with the awesome carrot/ginger dressing & two roll selections. They even accommodated a special dietary request, too. We were so full we couldn't finish all the food. Try this place, you'll like it!

Tampa, Florida
“Beyond Impressed”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I was very happy with the selection of sushi and since I am a sushi novice I absolutely love that they have a picture menu. Each sushi item is pictured and it's very helpful that items are categorized by raw or cooked sushi. An added bonus is the food comes out exactly how it looks in the picture. We've all experienced that where we order something because it's visually appealing & when you get your order it looks nothing like the picture. WELL NOT HERE , what you see is what you get. The food was made fresh and I really enjoyed it. We ordered 3 different things, The Volcano, The Crazy Horse, and I think the Lava, all of which were yummy but my favorite was the Crazy Horse. Portions were ample and service was great. I also enjoyed the decor, it was bright and airy. Other sushi restaurants I've been to were dim and almost unappealing. This place is tucked away in the corner of a plaza so if it wasn't for the big red SUSHI sign we would've definitely missed it. On the outside it looks a little shady and dark but as soon as you step in it's totally different . Looks can be deceiving. Don't sleep on this place, it's a true gem. MUCH BETTER THAN SUSHI NINJA IN BRANDON!

• Visited February 2012
“Best sushi in Tampa!”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I love Origami sushi...I have lived in New York, California, Michigan, South Carolina, Virginia and now Florida and this is by far the best sushi restaurant. They have a huge selection of cooked and raw sushi and it always tastes great. I recommend this restaurant to everyone that I talk to that says they like sushi - as well as people that have yet to try it.

The service has always been friendly and prompt and like several other reviews have mentioned, they are open every day with "late" hours.