“Avoid at all cost”

Econo Lodge Busch Gardens
Ranked #137 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We booked this property because of it's closeness to Busch Gardens. We arrived late, tired, hungry, with 2 small children. Had booked 2 rooms slight mix up checking in and getting the keys as rooms not next to each other. Finally went up to the rooms which were not joining but around the corner from each other, our door looked like it had been kicked in on several times, the carpet had large stains on it. We should have left right then but needed to rest and eat. I went to clean my hands and found that the hot tap was the cold water and the cold water was the hot the same in the other room. We still just wanted to get food and sleep. After finding an IHOP had food, back to the rooms and sleep. This lasted until approx. 1:00pm when the noise in the hall became very loud. This lasted on and off until around 3:00pm I was awake when I heard someone trying to open our room doom. I yelled very loud the person stopped and yelled back that the desk had told them they could have this room. I called the desk and was told that when we checked in the desk clerk had not made the change in rooms in the computor. After this I did not sleep at all.
The next morning I spoke to the Hotel manager who was not very help full and appeared not to care. I would never recommend this property to anyone even if across the street from Busch Gardens, find some other property to stay at.

Room Tip: Do not choose any pick another property
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ryer R
Sam P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear KayteMarie

Sam Patel
Quality Inn Busch Gardens
813-386-1000

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Busch Gardens

Reviewed 12 January 2014

By the time we were checking out they have already taken our things out of the room and our new tablet was missing. They Tod us that there was nothing they could do to help us. I will never stay in this hotel again

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank vdarquea
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We booked here using points based on location alone.

We only wanted a place to spend the night since we were spending the entire day at Busch Gardens, and you couldn't find a closer place than this! It was literally across the street from the parking lot, and by parking at the QI and walking we saved the $15 parking fee at the Gardens. The location felt safe and we saw no signs otherwise.

Rooms had clean sheets and towels, but that is about it. The bathroom floor looked the worst (see the photo) and we made sure not to touch anything without washing good after.

Breakfast was just a couple egg disks and some toast, bad coffee, and cereal. Looked like enough to feed a family of 3, and we had 8 people in our group. When they were asked to add more they doubled the quantity to still not enough.

If all you want is a place to sleep for about 50 bucks a night then this is for you. If you want more than that you should look elsewhere. We will stay at a cleaner place next time and pay the parking fee at Busch Gardens.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank G Roger P
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The room had brown stains,fridge had mold, room was old and smelled bad. Just disgusting never again. Brought everything to front desk no manager was present so nothing could be done. I ended up leaving. Going to get a refund ASAP.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Mvictor5
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend. They have NO ELEVATOR had to go up 2 flights of stairs and the Carpets were stained with god knows what. The 2nd floor had zero AC in the hallway. So by the time you got to your room, your aggravated by the stairs lugging your belongings up the stairs, miserable if you have a room that's down the hall way your practically sweating to death. Then you get into your room and it's okay. The towels were stained with ugh... don't even want to know. Not one towel, not 2 but 4 towels had mystery stains on them. The sheets had stains. Housekeeping must use the same rag to wash the toilet, bathroom door and shower walls because you will see my pictures showing hair clearly wiped from a rag on it everywhere. The blow dryer had dust bunnies fighting each other it was so filthy. To make matters worse we checked in lets say Friday night and go out to lunch on Saturday when we get back house keeping had come in our room it hadn't even been 24 hours yet. Now as anyone does when they get to a hotel they unpack and leave personal belongings out and about with under garments not thinking anyone will come into your room. Also had all our prescription pain medicine laying on the bed. God knows if any is missing or touched. Now there was no do not disturb sign to put out or I would have but I think they weren't there to "clean" but to do other things. So anyways They folded up the same wet towel that was on the floor. I had a tag from a new pair of jeans on the counter they took and trashed that. Now I can't return the jeans b/c they were the wrong size so now I'm stuck with a $40.00 pair of jeans that don't fit. They took one of our fax boxes that we travel good thing we do because they don't have fans in the rooms. So now I have a exposed fan that will probably get damaged or lost now b/c it's not in it's box. We've had them for 2 years and never had this issue. Kim at the front desk however was nice and did have the maintenance guy look for it but no luck. When she brought it to the owners attention he basically shrugged his shoulders and walked away. Oh boy was I ever upset. I just grabbed my stuff and left. You can guarantee we will never go there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ILOVEMYHUSBAND447
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We chose this hotel because it was the nearest to Busch Gardens. It was very comfortable and convenient. We were just staying one night as we were travelling from a 10 day stay in Cape Coral to a 10 day stay in Orlando. We had small children with us so it split the journey and also allowed us to use our Sea World 3 park tickets. We walked to The Park so saving the parking fee and inconvenience. The hotel was great, w arrived several hours before check in time but they allowed us to use our rooms right away which meant we got a lot of time in Busch Gardens. The hotel provided breakfast and then allowed us to store not only our luggage but also all the cold food items we were transferring from one villa to the next.. That meant we spent another 6 hours in Busch before the hour travel to our villa in Orlando. They could not have been more helpful at the hotel.

Room Tip: We asked for non smoking rooms, ground floor, adjacent to one another.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary C
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The surrounding area is very run down and kind of scary to be honest. The only thing this hotel has going for it is it's proximity to Busch Gardens. I have stayed in multiple Quality Inns and this place was literally a dump. Upon check-in the room was very stuffy and as mentioned previously, we had to go to the front desk for a white remote "that should have been in the room". We noticed plastic clothing tags on the floor (not from us) and graham cracker crumbs in the carpet. There was even a white pill under the vanity!! Pulled down the sheets on one bed and there were long black hairs in the bed and what appeared to be boogers on the comforter!!!! Went to the front desk and was given sheets to change the bed (ourselves). Did so and when checked the other bed, it had long black hairs as well!! Changed rooms. Phone did not work at all. Employee at desk very rude when we asked about it and said nothing could be done. Made me feel as if I was a bother instead of a paying customer. At breakfast the next morning, there was a cockroach crawling on the buffet!!! One of the employees tried to hide it, but I took it to the front desk and showed the manager. Sliding glass door was also very loose and we slept with the table and a chair against it. Other chair was used to hold front door as the molding was cracked and broken, which caused the door to not shut properly.

• Stayed: August 2013