Econo Lodge Busch Gardens
US$111
US$205
US$152
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$178
US$189
US$159
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Pictures are very deceiving! the carpets are dirty, the bathroom is moldy! So nasty! would not recommend to anyone!!! I wore sandals in the shower and didn't dare to be barefoot on the carpets! breakfast was pretty poor too!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Clb1988
Reviewed 7 March 2014

That's right. If you want luxury, pay $200 per night. If you want quality, this hotel will work for you.
On the negative side (if it really matter to you, read the first sentence again): 1. The clock was unplugged, so I had to plug it in and reset it, but it worked. 2.The bedside lamp had a broken bulb socket, so the bulb kept falling against the lampshade and had scorched both sides. 3. The shower curtain was not clean along the bottom. 4. The furniture is very dated.
On the positive side: 1. The beds and pillows WERE, as advertized, very comfortable. 2. The hot water was available and plentiful. 3. In-room coffee. 4. Decent complimentary breakfast. 4. Friendly staff, both at check-in and check-out. 5.. The check-in and check-out process was very efficient and quick. 6. Access to Busch Gardens is in walking distance, and very close to a range of restaurant choices.
Remember to ask for an A/C controller at the front desk!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank obilon-kanobe
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

The beds were great here and the service wonderful. The front desk lady was very helpful. Our family lives nearby. Pool wasn't heated, but room was large. The lady that worked the front desk from the islands was super nice and helpful. Thanks again for a great stay!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Clockgirl22
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We booked this property because of it's closeness to Busch Gardens. We arrived late, tired, hungry, with 2 small children. Had booked 2 rooms slight mix up checking in and getting the keys as rooms not next to each other. Finally went up to the rooms which were not joining but around the corner from each other, our door looked like it had been kicked in on several times, the carpet had large stains on it. We should have left right then but needed to rest and eat. I went to clean my hands and found that the hot tap was the cold water and the cold water was the hot the same in the other room. We still just wanted to get food and sleep. After finding an IHOP had food, back to the rooms and sleep. This lasted until approx. 1:00pm when the noise in the hall became very loud. This lasted on and off until around 3:00pm I was awake when I heard someone trying to open our room doom. I yelled very loud the person stopped and yelled back that the desk had told them they could have this room. I called the desk and was told that when we checked in the desk clerk had not made the change in rooms in the computor. After this I did not sleep at all.
The next morning I spoke to the Hotel manager who was not very help full and appeared not to care. I would never recommend this property to anyone even if across the street from Busch Gardens, find some other property to stay at.

Room Tip: Do not choose any pick another property
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ryer R
Sam P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear KayteMarie

Sam Patel
Quality Inn Busch Gardens
813-386-1000

Reviewed 12 January 2014

By the time we were checking out they have already taken our things out of the room and our new tablet was missing. They Tod us that there was nothing they could do to help us. I will never stay in this hotel again

• Stayed: January 2014