“It is an older place but”

Econo Lodge Busch Gardens
Ranked #139 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We made a spur of the moment stop at this motel on the 4th of June 2014
It was a roughly 8:30 p.m.
With my reviews I try to be as honest as possible and use common sense with the reviews
The places we get we are looking for a place top to sleep and shower and be reasonably safe
We accept that there may be a chipped wall or a loose this or that and maybe a light bulb burned out, but for the price difference then the little things can be lived with
NO, this is not a Sheraton or a Who stays here hotel for 200 a night . It is a nice comfortable room
A man was at the desk and very friendly we did have a language barrier problem but that is not unusual in todays times
We got a room at the price we were told
I see some say they were cheated out of money by being charged more. That almost happened to us so you have to make sure what is said . We wanted a room with one bed it was more than a room with two beds . The manager did not understand the reasoning either . We found out in Florida with a lot of the chins this is the way they do it no one knows why but one bed is higher than two as well as being up or down stairs
Be sure you know what you are buying is what they are selling
Anyway we got our room and were told up front that the wifi has been on and off for several days . We found that to be true all over town
The beds were very comfortable and room was good and cold
The hall ways were not comfortable but no one sleeps in them any way so no big deal
The room had a all the things you need for a nights stay
The drawback in the room we had was walking out on the balcony all you could see was the roof and a wall no scenery. The pool was closed but it was 1 in the morning when I went to it
The vending machine was nearly empty and the ice machine is a long walk from anywhere
The rooms were clean and had no musty or old smell at all
For a room under 60 a night (it varies from 49 to 60 a night) and you can live with a little what ever you do not like give this motel a try.
We found all of the staff very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: I would try to het a room down stairs and if you want a view outside do not get 203
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank doc191

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival staff was extremely helpful and oh so pleasant. Beds and bedding was great. Unfortunately the pool closed (locked) 1hour early :-( Breakfast area too congested for wheelchair access. No waffles either.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Hotel was clean and presentable, nothing fancy.
Good location for walking to Busch Gardens and they were happy for us to leave the car and hold our luggage until we returned from the park.
No sign of the breakfast being available but wasn't hoping for much given what we paid.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keeno1873
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Bad smell in the hall ways. The lady at the front desk was not nice. She was talking to me like if I were a 5 year old... "Did you hear me...".
I made the mistake to book the hotel without reading reviews. The price was lower than other hotels.
The final bill was higher than the quote ($3). $3 is not a big deal but shows poor customer service to charge more than the price on the reservation. I called to complaint about the bill and the same lady answer the phone with the same attitude, I lost the $3...

The hotel is old and smelly. I won't stay there again. Lesson learned, I have to read the reviews.

Room Tip: If your budget allows it, don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 412Traveler123
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Walking down the hall, I immediately noticed I was in a low budget place. Decided to continue on since the rate was a little lower than others. Walked into the room and was taken aback by the odor. The comforters had burn holes. The door between rooms was held shut with a zip-tie. The sliding glass door that you use to get to your car and unload your belongings was is disrepair and could not be properly secured. Upon walking out, I was confronted with two individuals smoking some type of glass pipe. I realized there was no way I could allow my wife and children to stay there. We got in the car and drove around the back of the motel, where we could see through the windows that many of the rooms were piled high with nasty old mattresses and furniture. It was difficult to even drive that way because of all the trash and overgrowth in the parking lot. As soon as we drove back to the front, someone pulled a stack of pallets out to block the road from others driving around.

I went back to the office and said there was no way I could stay with my family. The staff member rudely replied that I would be charged for the first night anyway. Wanting to get out of there, I just said that I would take that up with corporate. She refused to give me a receipt. I still have an authorization on my credit card, but no confirmed charge.

Please, do yourself and your family a service and avoid this place, which should be condemned. I would sleep in my car before I slept here. I drove two blocks over to the nearby Clarion and was very pleased with my stay there. It was only a small amount more.

P.S. I wish I didn't have to give 1 star.

Room Tip: Drive a couple blocks south for the best room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jason H
Reviewed 21 March 2014

this is by far the most disgusting hotel i have ever stayed in. not only were the tiles stained, dirty and mouldyin the bathroom,but the carpet was so filthy that after a shower while walking to the bedroom area our feet were black.i find it appalling that quality inn would associate their name with such low standards this has left a bad impression for all quality inn locations for me and i will not being staying at another quality inn location in the future

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sherilisa41
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Pictures are very deceiving! the carpets are dirty, the bathroom is moldy! So nasty! would not recommend to anyone!!! I wore sandals in the shower and didn't dare to be barefoot on the carpets! breakfast was pretty poor too!

• Stayed: March 2014