“Awful awful”

Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon
Ranked #102 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Let me tell you, for 54.00 dollars I wasn't expecting much just something clean. well this place was awful, we had bugs in the room, shady people outside and at night till after midnight, was my daughter and I and we were not feeling safe, let alone the bugs, we didn't even stay, had checked in at 3 pm and went to a concert got back at 11:30, we were tired just wanted a shower and rest, we were afraid to get out of car just to get to the room, and when we watched bugs crawl all around that was it, checked out at 1:30 am, didn't even sleep, drove 3 hours home after a very long day of fun. I WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE. the rooms themselves were dirty, clean only what needed clean, dust on lamps, etc...just plain nasty.

Room Tip: Don't pick any, but if you do don't go in back by pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mts241
rri173, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Please get in contact with me dholder173@yahoo.com or call the Inn 813-681-8484.

Diana Holder

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have stayed at this Red Roof Inn several times, and have always been satiusfied. Granted,it is not the Plaza, but for the money, I am more than satisfied. Friendly people, good wi-fi, and roominess make up for the defects. If you want perfection, go somewhere more expensive; if you want a clean comfortable room, go to Red Rook in Brandon, FL.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
rri173, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your review. When I read your review it sounded very good but you only gave us 1 out of 5 points. Not sure if it was a mistake.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Overall it was ok for the price paid. Room had an HDTV which was good. Carpet had some stains and both Ice machines were broken . Not enough towels in room however front desk brought them right away after I called. So service was definitely good. A/C didn't cool good in our room. We would have called to be switched rooms but we were too tired. When we arrived at the room after a day in Busch Gardens we figured since we had just turned it on it would eventually cool. But it didn't . Overall I would stay here again, probably not as my first choice.

It will say it is conveniently located , close to I75 , stores , shopping centers and really good food. Try the Kobe Steakhouse it was excellent.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Diana M

Dear Diana,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Hope you and your Family had a wonderful time at Bush Gardens. I apologize for the incontinence. Both Ice Machines gave up on the same day. We bought ice for the guests and had it in a cooler in the Lobby. Both Ice Machines are up and running.
I will share your comments with the staff.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This motel is only about 2 miles from our home. We needed a place to stay when we were without power for a few days after a major storm. We only stayed here because it was cheap ($57 a night) and would only be there to shower and sleep since we would be at work all day. Check in/out was easy, room was on the 1st floor a few doors down from the lobby. Very basic room, very outdated but worked for what we needed. If you are looking for frills or fancy digs this is not it (and should not be expected at this price). The area is actually a good area, it's just that the jail is right down the road and sketchy characters tend to hang out around here when they are released. But there are tons of restaurants & stores close by plus the interstate, so it is a very convenient spot.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tampabrat22
rri173, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Since February 2014 we have newly renovated rooms. www.redroof.com . On our Website you can see some Pictures. Maybe in the future you will stay with us again. I will share your comments with the Staff

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The motel is the old style drive up to your door motor inn. I really like this instead of lugging my bags through corridors. The location is convenient right off of I75. They have Bob Evans next door so you can get breakfast or dinner quickly. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. The superior king rooms have a refrigerator, coffee machine, and microwave and I think are the best value in the business. It's not the Taj Mahal but as the ad used to say "spend a night not a fortune." The pool closes early so grab a dip early if you want to have a swim.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Joe,

We appreciate your comments regarding your resent stay with Red Roof Inn Tampa/ Brandon. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experience our guest have at our Hotel.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our Team. Positive feedback like yours is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Diana Holder

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We chose this hotel for a one night stop while traveling and the price was good. The room was clean and adequate but we found the mattress to be so old and worn that you could feel the springs and it would groan if you moved. The faucet at the sink had been installed incorrectly and there was no hot water. The toilet ran intermittently the entire time we were there. Not a room that I would recommend or return to.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Walter,

Thank you for your review. We did renovation our rooms but the new Mattresses are coming soon. We did check the water in your room. For hot water you have to turn to the right and cold to the left. I apologize for the confusion. We did get the running toilet fixed. Thank you for letting us knows.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Since I was in the area for trucking school and didn't wanna make the long 74 mile drive back just to return there the next morning, I decided to book here since the rate was reasonable enough. Truth be told, I was about to book a room at the La Quinta next door but found this to be $20 less. The room itself was clean and quiet throughout the night. Will most likely book at this one again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Silwunduniik
rri173, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderfull review. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope everything went well with your trucking school.
Again thank you very much for your review. Hope to see you again.

Best regards,