Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
US$211
US$181
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenbahama breezesocial hourbasketball courtrocky pointoatmealfree breakfastheated poolcruise portwithin milesfree shuttleclose to the airportsnoozefireplacebaypanscauseway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel and liked it so much we did not want to leave. Our room was spacious and immaculate. I asked if I could have a nice view and we were put in a beautiful room next to the water. The hot breakfast and happy hour were more than we expected.
I was worried by some of the reviews saying it was dated but found they were working very hard to make everything top notch.
I cant wait to stay here again and told all my friends how nice it was.
Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask to be close to water and that your room has be updated.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The reason I selected this hotel was because they offered a shuttle to Raymond James stadium. I When I initially got there, I could not do an early check in, but the gentlemen checked me in with kindness to assure I would not have to do anything but get my room keys when I got back after the game. The shuttle service was rude and it took 2.5 hours to get back because they did not pick us up until 2 hours after the game was over. I was tired and ready to relax so I went to get my room keys and the front desk girl that took over was rude, nasty and really gave me a hard time and I had to do it all over again, eventhough she had the signed paperwork in hand, which was proof that I already checked in. I was told they had gas grills, which they don't. I get to my room and it was musty, moldy, terrace was unsafe to stand on, and room was not equipped with any essentials. Thank goodness it was only one night. Homewood Suites I will never leave you again, I will drive to the game.

Room Tip: Go to Homewood Suites or Hilton Garden Inn
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel during my business trip for a week in October 2013. I was intriged by the lovely pictures of a nice view to the bay of Tampa. Upon arrival I noticed immediately that the property lacked maintenance. I checked into my room and noticed an unbarable toxic smell in the room. So I asked to change rooms. The next room was right next to a garbage bin so I changed rooms again. The last room was just as toxic smelling as the first so I just gave up. The rooms are large with a full kitchen, however, the furniture are old and dirty. The bed sheets are horrible, and during my one week stay I had to asked to get my towels replaced twice. Cleaning of the rooms is minimal. The breakfast that is advertised as full breakfast, is redicolous. Continental at most, one day no eggs. The staff who all seemded to be related are carless and unfriendly. When we asked if there would be toast coming we got a rude response "NO TOAST, ONLY BAGELS" The whole thing reminded me to a prison camp with the lady at the food counter being the one who runs in all. I would have checked out early but my schedule was so hectic during my stay that I just did not have the time to do it and look for another hotel. After one week I changed hotels to the Interconitnental in Tampa which was day and night. Great beds and service for the same price.
I would never stay at this hotel again, and can just advise not to stay there period.

Room Tip: just dont stay there
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bartigliere
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Over the years my wife and I have stayed at hundreds of hotels for both business and pleasure. Some were very good, others were not so good. This Chase Suite Hotel in Tampa was among the worst. At first glance it appears to be a nice property with South Florida style. Close up it is clearly an old hotel in need of major work. Though there was only one person ahead of me at chck in, service was slow. Leaving check in involved exiting a door that required a hard shove with my shoulder to open (Im 6'2" and 200 lbs). I heard several guest complain about it. Our rooom, 517, was 2nd floor back corner of this villa style property. The room was spacious, included a full kitchen and two double beds. The room had a musty odor, given the number of pizza flyers that had been shoved under the door we assumed it had not been used in a while. No real issues until I got in the shower. No hot water. None. After a cold shower I located the hot water heater in a dusty closet just outside the shower room. It was a 30 gallon heater. It was working but seemed to be supplying more than just our room. We discovered this to be the case very early the next morning, plenty of hot water. We were not up early to check the hot water. We were up because we had gotten little sleep. There was only one other room on our floor ánd it was occupied by 4 or 5 young men. About 2:00A.M. they stood outside our door and had a loud conversation. This moved into their room but escalated to a shouting match. I called the front desk and advised the young lady on duty of the problem. I was told she would take care of it. Twenty minutes later she called our room saying " I went and talked to the guys in that room. Have they quited down?" Right! she wants me to believe she waded into a room filled with drunk guys and told them they better be quite. By this time there shouting had turned into a fist fight. The police were called. An hour later three Tampa cops arrived, arrest wrere made.all was now quite. It was 4:15 A.M. Check out the next morning involved waiting 10 minutes for the single desk clerk to get off the phone. The issuecwith this property is that the low rates attract a lot of 19-25 year old clientele. Unlike other properties we have stayed at this hotel does not isolate the young from the mature adults. Placing in a room next to four youths was not a good idea. But then this property seems to like many good ideas. My recommendation is to bulldoze this dive and build a real hotel here

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at Chase Suite Hotel for a few nights in September while I was in Tampa taking a class. The staff was friendly and suite was clean and comfortable. It is obvious that it is not a new hotel and shows some wear on furniture but paint was fresh and bed comfy and having a larger space to study in after class was a real plus - especially since a regular hotel room in most places would have cost me a lot more. I bought my dinner one night at Whole Foods and took it to the hotel to cook in the kitchen - was nice not to have to go back out to eat and let me spend more time studying. The place is very quiet too - an important feature for me anywhere. Best surprise was the breakfast that was included - home cooked and delicious it was a great way to start off the day. The location is good for the west side of Tampa (Hillsborough County) right off the Veterans and easy to get to I-275; being right on Rocky Point your choices of restaurants right on the water is also a real plus: Bahama Breeze, Hulk Hogans new restaurant, Chart House, Rusty Pelican, etc.

Room Tip: These are individual suites and arranged for privacy. Short walk across the parking lot to the office and breakfast room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business