“Bad room”

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #112 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We have stayed at Chase Suites before and enjoyed it. However this stay was not the same. We were given a room in a building that was being painted so we had to park a good ways down, I am handicap but we decided not to complain as we understand updating must be done. The next problem was the air conditioner in the room would not work properly. It would not come on in the afternoon when needed and then in the middle of the night it stared working and froze us while we were sleeping. Then we were woke up by the painters working on the building around 7am. We like to sleep in when we are on vacation. Then we went to breakfast and it was horrible. I enjoyed the waffle maker that has always been there but this time all that was offered was terrible eggs, bacon, ceral and bagels. If this was our first stay we would not return to your property. I understand the maintenance but we should have been told that before being given the room and perhaps offered a discount for the inconvience.. We will return to the Tampa area in April but not sure if we will stay here on that trip.

Room Tip: Ask for water view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Candibkanem
ChaseSuiteHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

I'm sadded to hear that your most recent stay was not a good one. As i'm sure you are aware from your previous stays with us, we work very hard to make sure all of our guests have a wonderful stay and receive wonderful service. Obviously this did not happen for you and for that I apologize.

I hope that you will give us another chance to make it right.

-Chase Suite Hotel Management

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The first room I was given was very old. The refrigerator was rusty and the bathtub felt as if it had holds to where it bent downward once you stepped in it. I requested for another room the next morning. It was cleaner but still was unhappy. There was a lot of renovation (workers and painters). I did not enjoy my stay and will not be visiting this location again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank T L

I'm sorry to hear you were not happy with your stay. We are currently improving our rooms so I hope the next time you are in town you can stop by and see all the improvements!

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback, as we will use it to continue to improve.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The location was great within a crisp walk to the beach/bridge. The hotel needs renovations, old and out dated. Friendly staff and clean suites are a plus. Walking distance to Bahama Breeze for lunch or dinner.

• Stayed: February 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed our location so much! It is certianly great having Bahama Breeze so close! Also, as many has shared in thier reviews, we are currently undergoing renovation.

I hope the next time you are in town you can come back and see all the new things we have to offer!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed at Chase for a night before leaving on a Norwegian cruise. Their cruise package is a great value and included transportation from the airport, to the cruise then from cruise to airport. Driver Tony is an asset to the Company offering to bring us shopping or out to dinner, helping us with our luggage to our room, and even offered to get me some cereal early the next morning before breakfast was ready. Manager Chris called us 4 days before arrival to schedule our cruise transport. The room was clean and comfortable, the guest laundry room enabled me to wash our travel clothes (machine are $2.25 per cycle). We walked to dinner at Bahama Breeze across the parking lot & picked up snacks at a convenience store at another property next door. Everyone working there was friendly and accommodating. For instance, our toilet flushing slow and a maintenance man was there within 5 minutes of calling. While Chase's decor is a bit dated, it is functional, clean and pleasant. We have no complaints about Chase and do not understand the few posted on Trip Advisor clearly written by difficult people.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

I was so please to hear that our Snooze N Cruise package worked so well for you! I will be sure to pass along you gratitude to Tony as well!

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed two separate times before and after our cruise. We had two rooms in our group and one of the rooms we booked originally back in July 2013 was a studio suite with a pull out couch since there were three people staying in the room. When we arrived we were told they were phasing out the pull out couches so there were no rooms available as a studio with a pull out couch. So my brother had to push together two chairs and put the ottoman in the middle for a bed for two nights! There was no effort made on the staff part to correct this issue until we got back from our cruise and would not take anything less than a studio with a pull out couch. In the two bedroom I found on the floor just under the bed some sort of medical groin strap on band. That was ABSOLUTELY disgusting paying almost 200.00 for a room that was not properly clean is frustrating. Plus it would have been a nice heads up there was MAJOR construction every where before we got there. Just so we were not so surprised.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JenLynnL
ChaseSuiteHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

I'm so sorry to hear of the experience you had with your stay. We always strive to make sure all of our guests have a wonderful stay and great service. We obviosuly failed in this and for that I apologize.

I hope that the next time you are in tampa you give us a chance to show you how much we have improved!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

This was a weekend stay to relax in Tampa. Nice and quiet environment. Great location as there a many dining and shopping options within 15 min. Did not have housekeeping every day-don't know why not.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thanks for your kind words! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Upon arriving, we were given a room 2 flights up (crumbling, moldy outdoor staircase). The room was sparse. The bathrooms dirty with broken tile. If we had more time, we would have walked away!! But we had driven for hours for a wedding and had to change and get to the ceremony. We had my 90 yr old mother in law and the stairs were atrocious!! The site had offered two bed/two bath which was perfect and showed a comfortable room. The layout of the room was great but with mildew ridden/mold covered air conditioning vents were disgusting!! To put it mildly, it was a dump. Upon returning from the reception around 11 PM, we were preparing for bed and saw a huge bug crawling quickly across the floor. Called front desk, no newer rms available…only one bed. Needless to say, we checked all the sheets for bugs. The breakfast was a joke the next morning!! The toaster kept blowing out the fuses in the room so you had plain bread, some canned fruit, some egg beater scrambled eggs or cereal. We chose to eat out somewhere. An overall horrible experience that almost sent me into tears. I didn't want to touch the glasses in the kitchen and the shower enclosure had silverfish in them and a crack in the plastic floor unit. Would NOT recommend to my worst enemy!!!!!!!!!!!! When we told the front desk at checkout how really bad it was, her response was 'sorry to hear that'……they must hear it all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Location was fine for our wedding but again….if we had had the time, we would never have stayed there but looked for other accommodations!!………………….Bluntly, this room should never have been rented for $129+ or any amount. It needs total remodeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BT10328
ChaseSuiteHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

I am very disappointed to hear that your stay was not what you expected. We strive to make sure all guests have a great stay and receive great service and in this case we obviously failed. For that I apologize. Thanks for your feedback on the second floor 2 bedrooms however. Currently they are all marked that they are second floor and require stairs but I will look into what we can do to make that even more noticable.

Again, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

-Chase Suite Hotel Management