“Disappointing hotel”

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #105 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Having stayed dozens of times at the Woodfin Suites (parent company of Chase) in California, we were expecting much more. The rooms are about half the size, they smell, are expensive for what you get and seemed very dated. The staff seemed unprofessional and the breakfast terrible. The one good thing is that it's near the airport, but I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank droplitenglity
ChaseSuiteHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

I am sadded to hear that your experience at our Tampa Location didn't live up to the experience you had with our hotels in California. I will work with the teams at both locations and using your feedback, correct any shortfalls we may have had.

Thanks for your feedback as it is invaluable to us so that we can continue to improve.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed one night at Chase Suite at the end of a vacation because it was near the airport. The room was spacious and clean. We had a rear suite and had to go into the parking lot to get Wi-Fi--which for the one small task I had to do was fine. Would not have been happy if I had been planning to do some serious on-line work. The floor of our suite had a place that sagged when you stepped on it. The breakfast of egg bake, pancakes, and fruit cocktail was very good.

Check in Service was very poor but we seemed to arrive in a moment of chaos and the staff seemed a little overwhelmed. Housekeeping on breakfast staff were pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank askmey

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback! I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay however, i wanted to make sure you were aware that as part of our upgrades we are upgrading our wireless so that it will be the fastest and best hotel internet experience in Tampa!

I hope that the next time you are in town you can see that for yourself! Thanks again for the feedback!

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I only stayed one night but will definitely stay again! Full kitchen, fireplace, cable, comfy bed, your own balcony, etc made it worth the $100 we paid. Even though we didn't eat there they offer dinner with free wine and beer and breakfast all included in the price of the room.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thanks for the kind words! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I'll definitely be back. Full kitchen, fridge, microwave, a suite. Clean. Need I say more. This place is worth your money. There is a fireplace. I have yet to check out the pool. This is a good bang for the buck. Got a deal on hotels.com.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words! I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We have stayed at Chase Suites before and enjoyed it. However this stay was not the same. We were given a room in a building that was being painted so we had to park a good ways down, I am handicap but we decided not to complain as we understand updating must be done. The next problem was the air conditioner in the room would not work properly. It would not come on in the afternoon when needed and then in the middle of the night it stared working and froze us while we were sleeping. Then we were woke up by the painters working on the building around 7am. We like to sleep in when we are on vacation. Then we went to breakfast and it was horrible. I enjoyed the waffle maker that has always been there but this time all that was offered was terrible eggs, bacon, ceral and bagels. If this was our first stay we would not return to your property. I understand the maintenance but we should have been told that before being given the room and perhaps offered a discount for the inconvience.. We will return to the Tampa area in April but not sure if we will stay here on that trip.

Room Tip: Ask for water view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Candibkanem

I'm sadded to hear that your most recent stay was not a good one. As i'm sure you are aware from your previous stays with us, we work very hard to make sure all of our guests have a wonderful stay and receive wonderful service. Obviously this did not happen for you and for that I apologize.

I hope that you will give us another chance to make it right.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The first room I was given was very old. The refrigerator was rusty and the bathtub felt as if it had holds to where it bent downward once you stepped in it. I requested for another room the next morning. It was cleaner but still was unhappy. There was a lot of renovation (workers and painters). I did not enjoy my stay and will not be visiting this location again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank T L

I'm sorry to hear you were not happy with your stay. We are currently improving our rooms so I hope the next time you are in town you can stop by and see all the improvements!

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback, as we will use it to continue to improve.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The location was great within a crisp walk to the beach/bridge. The hotel needs renovations, old and out dated. Friendly staff and clean suites are a plus. Walking distance to Bahama Breeze for lunch or dinner.

• Stayed: February 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed our location so much! It is certianly great having Bahama Breeze so close! Also, as many has shared in thier reviews, we are currently undergoing renovation.

I hope the next time you are in town you can come back and see all the new things we have to offer!