“Don't take a chance”

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #103 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Luckily only stayed for one night. I read bad reviews before booking and also read some good reviews and comments from management. Don't believe the good reviews or that they are trying to improve. Not true. I think good reviews were made up by management.I requested a clean room with no mold due to allergies. I think they gave me the worst room in spite. Carpets were stained, room was very musty, only one window opened, but no screen, sink drained so slow you couldn't use it for long. It was late when we arrived and after hauling all of our bags up 2 flights of stairs I decided to stay because we were leaving the next morning. You would be better off trying somewhere else especially if you have children. This place just needs to much help.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 944anonymous
ChaseSuiteHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

I'm so sorry to hear your didn't enjoy your stay. We are in the midst of improving our property and i hope that the next time you are in town we can show you all the improvements we have made.

Thanks again for taking the time to give us feedback!

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in Room #212 on Feb 27, 2014 and it was a great accommodation! The pool was so warm and clean! We got the room on Hotwire at a reasonable price. There is a fireplace in the room and we only had to buy a 3 hour log at the front desk for $5 to enjoy a cozy fireplace throughout the evening. They have a social time in the front foyer with free beer, wine and appetizers at 5:30pm which we never attended, but it looked like folks were having a great time! We enjoyed a delicious meal at the Bahamas Breeze restaurant next door and also picked up a nice bottle of wine at the market next door! Contrary to previous reviewers, this is an awesome spot! Our room was a very well appointed apartment with all amenities and very clean! Please keep in mind that most reviewers (80%) are complainers who have an axe to grind, or who suffer from obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, or who have such a high sense of entitlement that Buckingham Palace would not satisfy their "needs". The staff here are clear in their communication, but this is a cultural thing more than anything to take offence with! I went to the front desk to buy a candy bar and the lady waved me away, saying "don't worry about the cost". The bed, bathroom, and entire room was spotlessly clean and exceeded our expectations - and we are fussy travellers ourselves! I highly recommend room #212 to any couple!

Stayed: February 2014

WOW! Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm happy to hear you had such a wonderful stay!

I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here multiple times, for the annual guys golf trip. I dropped my rating by one. Our accommodations were messed up, ok mistakes happen, but the way it was handled was unacceptable. Guys get back late in the day and there key does not work and they are told that they have to change rooms. We ended up moving several of groups around for the first day. Staff not as friendly as they were. Since the golf travel group we use books a lot of rooms there they seemed like they were trying to work with us after we called the travel group, not sure that would have happened if we were on our own. Still an ok place, good location, fairly clean, kitchens not well supplied, not that we were cooking, free breakfast are ok. Pool not much to speak of but they do have a deck on the water. Layout is weird, why would you build the pool in the middle of the parking lot as opposed to on the water?

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
ChaseSuiteHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

I was disappointed to hear that your stay wasn't as good as past stays. Please rest assured that we will take your feedback and use it to learn from our mistakes. Please also know thatwill do everything we can to make sure yours was an isolated event.

Thanks for the feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Having stayed dozens of times at the Woodfin Suites (parent company of Chase) in California, we were expecting much more. The rooms are about half the size, they smell, are expensive for what you get and seemed very dated. The staff seemed unprofessional and the breakfast terrible. The one good thing is that it's near the airport, but I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank droplitenglity
ChaseSuiteHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

I am sadded to hear that your experience at our Tampa Location didn't live up to the experience you had with our hotels in California. I will work with the teams at both locations and using your feedback, correct any shortfalls we may have had.

Thanks for your feedback as it is invaluable to us so that we can continue to improve.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed one night at Chase Suite at the end of a vacation because it was near the airport. The room was spacious and clean. We had a rear suite and had to go into the parking lot to get Wi-Fi--which for the one small task I had to do was fine. Would not have been happy if I had been planning to do some serious on-line work. The floor of our suite had a place that sagged when you stepped on it. The breakfast of egg bake, pancakes, and fruit cocktail was very good.

Check in Service was very poor but we seemed to arrive in a moment of chaos and the staff seemed a little overwhelmed. Housekeeping on breakfast staff were pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank askmey

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback! I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay however, i wanted to make sure you were aware that as part of our upgrades we are upgrading our wireless so that it will be the fastest and best hotel internet experience in Tampa!

I hope that the next time you are in town you can see that for yourself! Thanks again for the feedback!

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I only stayed one night but will definitely stay again! Full kitchen, fireplace, cable, comfy bed, your own balcony, etc made it worth the $100 we paid. Even though we didn't eat there they offer dinner with free wine and beer and breakfast all included in the price of the room.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thanks for the kind words! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Chase Suite Hotel Management

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I'll definitely be back. Full kitchen, fridge, microwave, a suite. Clean. Need I say more. This place is worth your money. There is a fireplace. I have yet to check out the pool. This is a good bang for the buck. Got a deal on hotels.com.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words! I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Hope to see you again soon!

Chase Suite Hotel Management