“Chase Suite”

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #102 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Well worth the price. We has a great view of the bay.. Very clean and quiet. The breakfast was much better then I expected. Two hot entrees, cereals, assorted fruits and good coffee. The only negative issue was I paid $5.00 at check- in for a dura flame log for the fireplace. Our room didn't have a fireplace! no big deal however, another guest gave me $5.00 while I was waiting at the front desk to ask for a refund. I would definitely stay here again. Well equipped kitchen and great location. Bottom line is: clean and quiet and good value

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank apearl41
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to let others know about our hotel! We are fortunate to share such a wonderful location here in Tampa right on the water. Please do be our guest again and prior to arrival, please be sure to ask for a room with a fireplace (we have many). Ask for me personally and I will provide you with a complimentary log and starter for your suite. Thank you again for sharing your experience with others who may wish to try our delicious new complimentary breakfast and evening social menus, bay views and beautiful location.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Good location. Room was spacious, overall clean with good kitchen accomodations. King size bed was very comfortable. The room smelled musty, however, and in need of some updates including carpeting. Should be stronger rules regarding people staying with pets. One dog was left on the balcony most of the day with no water and was howling. Management was informed about 11:00 p.m. and hopefully they contacted the owners and spoke with them about this. I only stayed one night. Buffet breakfast was less than average and could use some fresh fruit. Breakfast staff was not accomodating. Front desk staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our property. We are very busy at the Chase Suite Hotel with a property-wide renovation room by room as occupancy allows as guest comfort is paramount. We are pet friendly and we do have established rules which require a guest to kennel their pet when out of the room. Our complimentary breakfasts are usually well received and do include fresh bananas, apples, and oranges. I will be sure to share your comments with our breakfast staff. Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Hotel easy to find, nearby airport. It is no Las Vegas Wynn, but the refurbished room we got was spacious and clean, and for the price we paid more than perfect.
There we're clean towels everyday. Kitchen we did not use, but it was clean, We would return for sure.

• Stayed: February 2014
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you so very much for taking time to talk about our hotel! We are very proud of our new rooms and cannot wait to finish the rest! Hope to see you here again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed at the Chase Suites for a 3-day weekend the first weekend in March. The hotel is located on the Causeway connecting Tampa to Clearwater Beach, and is convenient if you're planning on visiting both Tampa and the Beach, and is convenient to the Tampa airport. The downside is there is not much in the way of restaurants nearby, We had a king bed room on the first floor. The hotel is showing its age, and there appeared to be renovations on-going, but they had not reached our room yet. The carpet had several stains, and the room smelled a little musty. The room was spacious with a sitting area and a full kitchen. The mattress appeared to be a new pillow-top, but was way too soft. The biggest complaint being that the fitted sheet did not adequately fit the bed and would come loose in the middle of the night. After we checked in we had to call the front desk and ask for shampoo and soap, because our room was missing our toiletries, and the first morning I had to kill a large roach (but it is Florida). The breakfast was disappointing. The first morning there were bagels, but the toaster wasn't working, on the next mornings the toasters had been removed along with the bagels and bread,

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our hotel. My apologies that your stay did not exceed expectations. Our front desk agents are available 24 hours to guide guests to local restaurants on the Island (Chart House, Hogan's, Whiskey Joe's, Aqua,) within one half mile and of course we have Bahama Breeze next door. We also have a complimentary shuttle 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. available to take you to more than 50 restaurants within 5 miles of the hotel. I will address your concerns regarding the room with housekeeping who take great pride in providing clean, well-dressed beds as well as rooms with fresh amenities for each incoming guest.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The rooms were a nice size with a decent kitchen. It's in a nice location right on a lagoon. However, the condition of the rooms was marginal, as was the cleanliness. The place is in serious need of a makeover. The furnishings were very worn. The breakfast was a joke, very limited and extremely crowded. We couldn't find a place to sit. We ended up at IHOP after the first day. The basketball hoop, which was a big deal to my son, needed to be replaced. It appeared that one too many people hung on the rim causing it to be permanently bent. The pool was okay. Overall, for the money it was an okay value but don't expect it to compare to some pricier competitors, like Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to provide us your feedback. I'm pleased to let you know we are busy renovating at as fast a pace as occupancy allows. Our breakfast menu is always well received although at times can be very busy. During those peak times our guests are encouraged to take advantage of outdoor eating areas such as our deck overlooking the bay, pool and garden oasis or even take breakfast back to their room. I hope you will plan a return visit later in the coming months to see all of the exciting improvements we have planned.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Undergoing lots of much needed renovation and repair. My first room was not so great, musty but with some windows open it was passable until the ice maker blew up late at night. Front desk's first reply was "just unplug it". That would have meant losing all of the food in had in the fridge so after some debate they did move me to a much nicer room, cleaner, more updated, not musty but re-packing was not fun. They also need to do something about their housekeeping system. I had to make too many calls during my stay to get my room cleaned and they only change sheets and towels every 4 days on longer stays. After my complaints got to top management service in general improved.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ChaseSuiteHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

I'm happy to hear that your second room was such an improvement and that it worked for you. I will take your comments on the front desk back to the management team and use your comments to correct any issues.

Thanks for taking the time to review us and we hope to see you again soon!

- Chase Suite Hotel Management

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Luckily only stayed for one night. I read bad reviews before booking and also read some good reviews and comments from management. Don't believe the good reviews or that they are trying to improve. Not true. I think good reviews were made up by management.I requested a clean room with no mold due to allergies. I think they gave me the worst room in spite. Carpets were stained, room was very musty, only one window opened, but no screen, sink drained so slow you couldn't use it for long. It was late when we arrived and after hauling all of our bags up 2 flights of stairs I decided to stay because we were leaving the next morning. You would be better off trying somewhere else especially if you have children. This place just needs to much help.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 944anonymous

I'm so sorry to hear your didn't enjoy your stay. We are in the midst of improving our property and i hope that the next time you are in town we can show you all the improvements we have made.

Thanks again for taking the time to give us feedback!

-Chase Suite Hotel Management