“Doesn't honor their word” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #109 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Tallahassee, Florida
“Doesn't honor their word”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Confirmed reservation, requested specific bed arrangements & room rates months in advance, but arrived to have nothing on books and was charged outrageous price. I recieved poor customer service from management when I was addressing the issue with them. Now it is two weeks latrer and still have not resolved this issue with the corporate office and have made several attempts to contact them but no return call.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I do apologize that you have not had the opportunity to resolve your issues with management. Please do give a call to the hotel. If I cannot provide a remedy, I will get you in contact with our corporate team to assist.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband and I were more than pleased with our room as well as cleanliness and service that was provided. There was a hiccup with our reservation but it was quickly handled and both rooms were equally clean and nice. The staff was very helpful with our questions and needs. We will definitely be back and will recommend Chase to everyone we come across.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience here at Chase Suites Tampa. March is our busiest month and I am happy to find you were pleased with your accommodations and our staff's handling of your check-in and throughout your stay.

I look forward to seeing you again in the very near future!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

my husband and i are here right now, it it really great! we love where we are and so far the people have been really nice. this evening we were "sittin on the dock of the bay" oh well, it was a deck. lol relaxing.... we have a full kitchen so, since we're gonna be here about a week, we got groceries and grilled steaks and hamburgers (for tomorrow) on one of their grills. third place we've been here in Tampa Bay since we got here, and we like it the best so far; and i would definitely come back, hope we can soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again for taking time to let others know about our property!
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

So I chose this place because it had two rooms and was in a nicer area. The pictures and descriptions online looked really nice. The service was good. I called and requested a "non-pet friendly" room as my child is allergic to dogs/cats. The kitchen had everything we needed to make dinner.

The bad. Walking to our room we couldnt walk on the path without getting whacked by wet plants. Then we go upstairs and the platform to our door is ply wood! I could see gaps between it. We have an infant who crawls and there were staples on the floor. Apparently they staple the carpet molding to the wall. There was a spot on the carpet where a chunk of carpet wasnt even there.

The last thing which was a big deal for us that I wish I knew was the way the loft was set up. We had to sleep downstairs with my friend and her kid because there is no way that is safe for a child to sleep in bed with you. The king bed backs up to the loft opening. There is MAYBE a foot between the top of the bed and the ledge. If you look at the floor plan in the photos, the bed is on the other side of the wall. I feel like we were mislead.

If you have children, I hope thier old enough to stay downstairs alone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am disappointed to hear that your stay with us did not exceed expectations. Our 2 bedroom penthouse suites are designed with a king bed loft and lower bedroom with either another king or 2 doubles and a sofa sleeper on the lower floor. Although this is the original design there is always room for fresh ideas and improvements. We are under new management and are working very hard to renovate with our guests input in mind. Thank you for providing feedback as we go forward we intend use your recommendations to make changes to our family-friendly rooms.
Canandaigua, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Had a reservation for 5 nights in the 2king 2bedroom bay view suite. Booked on their website over 2 months ago. Arrived early around 10 and asked about check in. Was told room was being cleaned and to check around 1. Went to lunch at Bahama breeze which was good. Called hotel to check on room around 1. Was told that the room was not ready check back in about 15 minutes. Drove to the hotel around 2:30 and spoke to the gentleman at the desk. Was told the room was just being checked on and should not be much longer. My family and I waited in the parking lot until 3 figuring that this is the regular check in time that the room would be ready. This time was told the room was being checked on and would not be much longer. Finally at 3:30 I was given a set of keys. We were excited to get in the room and enjoy the view of the bay. What a shock when we opened the door to the bay view room. The room did not have any light coming in except a little window in the loft area no view of the bay and the bedroom on the first floor had 2 beds. This room was not anything like the description on the website. Very disappointed. Went back to the front desk and was told that room was the only one available. First WHY was something not said when I first asked at 10. Wasted 5 hours. Second they had already charged my card. Third they was no mention of being charged a different rate for such a different room. When I asked why I did not have the room that was reserved months ago the answer was that some people have stayed there for awhile and they did not check out. Why take a reservation if the hotel will not honor? Poor customer service! The holiday inn express next door is much better with the same view and natural light coming into the room

Room Tip: Get one with a window on the first floor.
Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

I'm sorry to hear that your stay did not exceed expectations. Our entire property is located on Rocky Point Bay with over 100 feet of waterfront including a dock and deck. Our 2 bedroom bay view units are all upstairs with a deck or balcony overlooking the water. Additionally, we do have "bay front" rooms available for an additional cost which were not available or my staff would have been sure to relocate you to if possible. I do apologize that you felt you were mislead. Check-in at our property begins at 3:00 p.m. and although there are many cases where early check-in is available it is not always possible when times of sell-out or stay-overs occur. I am pleased you found the accommodations next door to your satisfaction and hope that in the future you will give us another try.
Farnborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

we stayed at the chase suite hotel for 2 nights on Feb 26 and after reading so many poor reviews over the last few months we wondered what we were letting ourselves in for. Our stay was perfect, we arrived later than hoped due to delays with our flight but on arrival at 10pm we were checked in very quickly. Our room was wonderful (No 1203), very large, bed was very comfortable and the kitchen facilities were excellent, we could not have wished for more.
Breakfast was busy but still managed to get a table, I did not see any sign of anything not being available and there was plenty of selection, what more can you ask for included in your room rate.
We have found ourselves a great place to stay the next time we fly into Tampa. Dinner at Banana Breeze next door is a must.
Thank you all so much, we will be back.

Room Tip: ask for a remodeled room,
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank janmitchellpps
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you so very much for your positive feedback! We appreciate your comments, compliments and most of all your continued patronage. We are very proud of our property and look forward to seeing you again!
Park City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Checked into the hotel late at night after a delayed flight. Had just put down our bags when a large rat ran across my husband's foot. Needless to say we asked to be moved only to be put in a room with a flooded carpet in the bath and half of the bedroom. When we folded out the sofa sleeper for our son we found someone else's prescription bottle. The bedding for the sofa consisted of a bottom sheet a thin blanket and a pillow with no case. Because we had checked in so late and the option to go to another hotel was limited, we decided to "camp" in this horrible property. In the morning we requested some kind of compensation from the manager and was told that because we had booked with a third party they would do nothing. We have stayed in many hotels but this was by far the worst experience we have ever had. I doubt this hotel has put one cent back into improvements as everything was dated and of poor quality. Do not book this hotel unless everything other hotel in Tampa is full.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank 141mary2014
Dear Guest,

I do apologize that your stay did not exceed expectations. Our housekeeping and maintenance staff have been with us for many years and take great care to provide clean, well-maintained suites. I can assure you that should a complaint of this nature come to the attention of me or my staff they will do just as you suggested, relocate a guest to another room without question and investigate. In this unfortunate instance, the room you were relocated to had carpet service that same day, and after speaking with you, your stay was refunded for your inconvenience. Our suites with sofa sleepers do include a complete fresh bedding package (mattress cover, fitted and flat sheet, pillows and case) contained in our linen closets. Thank you for taking time to review our property. We appreciate the opportunity to better serve our guests.