“Great place near the airport.”

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #109 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Sarasota
“Great place near the airport.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We were very happy with the suite we stayed in. It was clean and spacious. The location is beautiful and very convenient. The only complaint I have is that there was no regular coffee packet in our room, only decaf. We had to leave for the airport before breakfast started so a little caffeine would have been most welcome.

I definitely recommend this motel and would stay here again.

1 Thank Lois F
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for being our guest at Chase Suites Tampa. We love to know how we are doing and also how we can improve. I do apologize that you were without regular coffee. It was clearly an oversight as we provide both in each room and also upon request both at the desk and through housekeeping should you need more. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Newly renovated facilities and rooms were complimented by the courteous and helpful staff. On-site free breakfast and having a full service bar and restaurant next door and on the water was a real plus!! (Bahama Breeze)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dennis H
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay! We love to hear our guests enjoyed their time with us in Tampa and hope to see you again soon.
Kentwood, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Once me and the wife arrived we got there a few hours early we rented a car from the airport and the direction were simple about five to ten minutes away, We arrived about 1:30p or so went to the front desk to check in and was told our room was clean and read so we were given the key right away. The reason for the visit was to have surgery at the Laser Spine institute which we received a great discount for that reason. The room was clean and what I expected but sometime during the night we heard lots of kids in the room upstairs from us so the next morning I went and spoke with management about the issue and was moved to a much nicer room on the first floor close to the dock of the bay nice view. Chase also provided us with breakfast and dinner and LSI (Laser Spine Institute) provided breakfast and lunch we really didn't have to spend any extra money on food wish I had known this the first day prior to buying food for the ice box, Chase also have a shuttle bus to take you just about anywhere you want to go, the folks are friendly and the food was good and hotel was very very nice I give it 4 stars and plan on coming back again really soon.

Room Tip: Ask for the water front rooms great view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jerome J
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write about your stay! We are especially excited to hear from our LSI guests! Of course we hope to see you again in the future, hopefully this time for vacation.

Thank you again for giving us your positive feedback. We are working very hard to be sure our guests have an enjoyable, comfortable and restful stay.
Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

We come for the month of March for spring training and this  has been our 4th year staying here, and although the first three years have been great this year has been a disaster because of the unethical,unprofessional and discourteous  behavior of the management staff

I had a Confirmed  email reservation made last March that was not honored and I was charged at a higher rate.I recieved poor customer service from management when I was addressing the issue with them. One of them told me if I did not like the rate,I could go  elsewhere, and when I showed the email this individual told me the person,who is no longer with the hotel, was lying.  Very professional!

This coupled with no Internet for a month and unsanitary conditions,we had to have the room sprayed and a giant insect removed, makes this a place we don't want to return to

1 Thank Richard M
Dear Mr. M,

I'm sorry we could not honor the rate you felt you negotiated outside of your reservation. We did honor your rate, far below any other guest rate during the busiest month this hotel has ever seen. My staff has gone above and beyond to honor those return guests who have been staying with us over the years and in fact did so for this past season. Please contact me prior to booking your next stay and I will provide you a friends and family rate as one of our long-term loyal guests staying a month or more as you do.

To be fair, our internet, sans some periodic overload is and has been functional with another upgrade already in process. Our housekeeping team are some of the best this chain has and some have been with us more than 10 years. We contract with a national pest control company to proactively screen and mitigate all pest issues for our guest's comfort.

I hope you will reconsider and join us in the festivities again next season.

Travellers are raving about these Tampa hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Room was very smelly, room was not cleaned properly, they made the bed & that was it. Left cups & glasses dirty, dirty towels, no replacement of coffee, cream or sugar. left coffee pot dirty. did I mention the room smelled badly, carpet stains, broken chairs, old message left on phone recorder of last occupant unhappy & wanted moved. I will not go back.

Room Tip: Don,t stay. Poor value
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank thebare
Dear Guest,

I do apologize that your stay with us did not exceed expectations. Our rooms are serviced following each stay and unless requested, each 4th day for long term guests. We are under new management and renovations and updates continue throughout the entire property.

I hope you will reconsider and return for a future visit. My staff is dedicated to providing a clean, well-maintained and comfortable stay in one of Tampa's best locations.
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Choose to stay at this hotel while in progress of relocation. we stayed here 7 years ago and it was good. To our surprise, it is not so any longer. The rooms smells funky and the carper is soo dirty that your really do not want to walk on it with shoes on. The sofa has several dirty spots so you do NOT want to sit on it watching TV. NASTY. Tried to get another room but was denied so guess what, we are checking out first thing tomorrow and canceling the reminder of our stay. STAY AWAY FROMM THIS PLACE.

1 Thank leif g
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your stay at our property during your relocation. Many of our guests choose our hotel to stay during a move and find the facilities to be spacious and comfortable with full kitchens making the transition very simple.

My staff and I are working hard to upgrade and update each guest room as vacancy allows. Please do give us another try.
McKinney, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel because a business associate and I were in town for training and he had already booked there. Since we would be carpooling to and from the office, I got a room here, also.

The room was dingy. The floor of the room dipped in a couple of places. The furniture was very uncomfortable. When I sat on the couch in the room, the wooden crossbar on the couch frame poked into my lower back and I could actually feel the springs under me. The couch must easily be 30 years old.

The appliances in the room are from the 1970s. Seriously. They are the old yellow color that looks like a decade's worth of nicotine stains.

The bed was the second hardest hotel bed I've ever slept in, with the hardest being at a hotel in India which was little more than a plywood board with a sheet on top. I awoke every morning sore. Speaking of waking up, because the bed was so uncomfortable I woke up between 3am - 4am every night I was here because the mattress made my back hurt so badly.

The bathroom was disgusting. The towel rack was coming out of the wall. The edge where the floor meets the wall had caked dust, hair, and pubic hair from previous tenants.

Internet here is non-existent. When I first checked in I had to download a file from the Internet and it took forever. So I did a speed test and I was flying along at 3.6 kB/sec. Dial up is 28.8 kB/sec. There were times when I was up to 101 kB/sec, but those times were rare. My third day at this hellhole the internet stopped working completely.

The breakfasts were horrible. The mornings they serve eggs, that's ALL they serve. The eggs sit in the pans with water covering half the eggs in the pan. Other mornings, they have no eggs at all, but other stuff that I didn't dare eat.

The food at the "manager's reception" was fairly inedible. I took a plate of what I thought was chicken fettuccine alfredo back to my room, ate one bite, and threw it away. Alfredo sauce is not supposed to be tangy.

TV channels have very poor reception.

One day upon coming back to the room from the office, the bed wasn't even made. The maid had simply thrown the comforter back over the bed. The pillows were still splayed out on the bed like I'd left them when I left in the morning.

Avoid this place. I wish I had. I'm going to throat-punch my co-worker for making his reservation here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Kythas
Dear Guest,

I apologize your stay did not exceed your expectations. We are working toward a total property renovation and hope you will visit us again in the future to show you our newly renovated suites. We do feature the best possible Simmons Felicity II mattresses, a bed you find at the finest of hotels. Our guests are generally more than happy with the quality of sleep they experience.

Our staff is dedicated to guest satisfaction from a clean, well-maintained room to outstanding complimentary menus.