Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$156
US$182
Sailport Waterfront Suites(Tampa)
US$185
US$168
All reviewsfull kitchenbahama breezesocial hourbasketball courtrocky pointoatmealfree breakfastheated poolcruise portwithin milesfree shuttleclose to the airportsnoozefireplacebaypanscauseway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The Good:
Chase Suite lacks many things, but customer service is not one of them. The staff are hospitable, caring, and polite. This property has a peaceful view of Old Tampa Bay, complimentary breakfast starting at 6:30am, and a shuttle to anywhere you would like to go, within a 5 mile radius. There is also a cocktail hour from 5pm to 6:30pm, where free beer/wine and "snacks" are served. The snack I had was taco's...which to me is more like dinner! There is no shortage on food, and it actually taste good! Inside my room, the kitchen was stocked with plates, silverware, mugs & cups, a frying pan, and boiling pot.

The Bad:
Upon check-in I found out that 25% of your bill is held additional to the cost of your total stay, if you are using a debit card. Credit cards only require 10% additional, so transfer extra cash to your account before check-in. The "fitness center" is quite laughable. It appears to be a converted laundry room with an elliptical and treadmill, you would be better off running outside. The basketball court is tiny, and the rim/hoop is broken, but it did not stop people from using it.

The Ugly:
Inside my room the carpet, sofa, and bar stools had stains on them, I could not tell what they had come from. The tile in the bathroom floor was broken, and shifted when you walked over them. The drain in the shower also appeared to need a little drain-o.

This place needs a lot of remodeling work, but overall I would recommend this property. The free breakfast & dinner is a huge value for me. My suggestion would be that breakfast start earlier than 6:30am. I am a business traveler, and my work day usually starts at 7am, leaving me little to no time at all to eat breakfast, and fight Tampa traffic.

Room Tip: If traveling for business, I recommend you give yourself double the time needed to travel. A 15min drive took me 25mins.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank mrmag313
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Thank you for taking time to let us know how we can improve. We continue to renovate and take all of your suggestions as an opportunity for improvement. I'm very happy to hear my staff was able to make "good" your stay! The basketball court has just been redone, the fitness center was moved to our pool house just a few months ago is slated for a bit of a lift soon as we continue our renovations. Thank you again for taking time to tell us about your stay and we hope to have you back again in one of our renovated suites!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We live in Tampa. Wanted a little getaway but what we got was shafted. Rooms were listed as King beds but had a Queen bed then staff at front desk said that it was a King. We brought them the tag right off the bed that said "Queen" They did not even attempt to apologize. Worst service...

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jeffrey P

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay. I do apologize that your stay with us did not exceed expectations. We have done a significant amount of renovation and have many more suites with King beds than before and your feedback although not what we like to hear will provide my staff with an opportunity to improve both level of service and familiarization of our property's services. Again, I do apologize and hope that you will give us another try.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Chase Suite Hotel to be close to Tampa International. Lovely large suite room which had been remodelled. Great value for money especially with a complimentary dinner choice with wine and beer served early evening and again a good breakfast in the moen. Shuttle to airport and local points offered. Highly recommend

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank MartynG_11

Thank you for your review and taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay. We are glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and Manager's Social. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

My sister needed back surgery of which was for April 22. The surgery was moved to April 9. This place was great on changing the arrival date. Also they let us check out at noon instead of there normal check out at 11 am. All staff members have been so nice in helping with everything. I would defiantly stay at this hotel again Thank you for all your help

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Puppetjoyce

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your visit! We love our LSI guests and are always glad to know when we have taken good care while here for surgery. Please do come back and next time hopefully for leisure.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I recently had eye surgery at the Tampa Eye Clinic and I stayed for 11 nights at Chase Suite Hotel. It was a very positive experience for me in terms of how clean the room was (and I am a neat freak!) and how much the entire staff was willing to accommodate any needs I had, such as extra towels or blankets. The bed was extremely comfortable, so much so that I found myself sleeping later than I normally do at home. The location is fantastic and if you get a room with a view of the bay it's really great. I like to run and walk, so once I felt good enough after my procedure, I went out every evening and walked on a nearby bike path for miles that is right next to the water. I loved being so close to such a nice place to walk.

One of the best things about the hotel is the complimentary shuttle service that they offer within a 5 mile radius of the property. Since I didn't rent a car and wasn't really able to drive for the first 4-5 days, I took the shuttle at least once a day, but often 2 or 3 times a day to my doctor appointments and Whole Foods, Target, etc. The two shuttle drivers that mainly chauffeured me around were Chris and Ivan. They are both so polite, personable and knowledgeable about the area and that was so helpful! I was happy to tip them more than I usually would because they so deserved it!

The director of sales, Christina, was also very accommodating as she is the direct liaison with the eye clinic. She went out of her way to make sure I was comfortable and had what I needed to have a good stay while I recuperated.

I would recommend staying in one of the newer remodeled suites and try and get a view of the water if you can. It's an affordable place to stay in a great location with a great staff to boot. Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank sharon s

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience while with us at Chase Suites in Tampa. I love to hear these great comments about my staff. We are so proud of our property and especially our renovations. So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back with us soon for leisure!