“Great place to stay in Tampa!!!”

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #112 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I had a great stay there. The staff was very accommodating, made sure I had fresh towels when requested. The dock was very peaceful!! The pool was refreshing and would recommend this facility to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience! We are always glad to hear when our guests enjoy our great property. We hope you will keep us in mind for your next stay!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Nice place, Great location to the airport, however, property could use some maintainence improvements to the structure, grounds and units. Roomy for families and the breakfast each day was a welcomed addition.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments and suggestions! We are working very hard to update every area of this property and take all of our guests reviews very seriously. We hope to see you again in the very near future!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Beautiful room on the bay with microwave, big refrigerator and dishwasher. Clean room and good service. The pool is small and the safe is at the reception but apart from that, the studio we had was perfect.

Room Tip: ask for a room close to the bay if you want to be able to see the water
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to share your experience! We hope to have you back with us again soon!!!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were there for YMCA National Gymnastics Championship Week. The hotel suite we stayed in was roomy. Pullout sofa was a little springy, needs new mattress. Bed, air conditioning, shower, sink and kitchen area all fine. They did run short on towels. I gather they were at max capacity. The evening staff was always very helpful. If you ask politely you get similar response. Breakfast and hors d'oeurves (make that dinner) was splendid. Good location for heading to the gulf and into downtown Tampa. Really made our trip to Tampa and YMCA Nationals enjoyable and memorable!

Room Tip: Ask for pullout for eye kids, also request water front.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay! I do appreciate hearing you enjoyed our time with us and my kitchen staff will be delighted to know you found the menu to your liking! We hope to see you back again in the future!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were cruising with our children and grandchildren so we booked this hotel for the Snooze and Cruise deal. A suite with a loft, a 2nd bedroom with two double beds and a sofa bed. This was next to a single room with two double beds. The Suite was NOTHING like the photos. It did have a loft and 2nd bedroom as stated, but the rooms were dirty. Only 2 towels in this suite. We asked for more and we were asked how many people in the room and how many towels were in there. I told them 7 people and only 2 towels. thay gave me 5 more. Only one per person. Not enough hot water for both units. 4 people in the adjoining room. Everyone woke up with back ache. Bed was NOT comfortable. The shuttle to Port for the cruise was timely. However, we waited 1 1/2 hours for them to pick us up. I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Go to Holiday Inn
1  Thank Valerie B

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not exceed expectations. Our suites do feature the Simmons Felicity II "Heavenly Bed." Rarely does a guest not tell us they haven't found our beds to be one of the most comfortable you can find. It is our standard to have each of our 2 Bedroom loft suites outfitted with at least 6 bath and hand towels as well as wash cloths. All are located within both of the bathrooms. Similarly all our suites independently have a residential 40 gallon hot water heater. No two rooms share one so I do apologize that you found any issue with lack of hot water. I would like to have additional information if possible so that I can understand how your reservation with our Snooze & Cruise package would not have had your group booked for shuttle service in a timely manner.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was hosting a gathering here and I was disappointed by the level of customer service I received by the sales department. Return calls and emails were not timely, they never checked on me or my group during my stay. Very unprofessional sales department. Wanted to charge me for space that's free to all! The rooms are ok but can use an update. Parking is an issue at night. Workout area is really horrible. My bed was comfortable and thats the only plus. I suggest go to mainsail hotel. Never again will I visit chase suites.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Julian B

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay. I'm very sorry to hear that your group did not enjoy our Oasis picnic and barbecue area requested and reserved for you. Our Oasis, dock, and deck areas are available to any group who wishes to book for exclusive use otherwise, we do offer these great amenities to all registered guests.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Words cannot express my how disappointed I was with my stay at this hotel. It ruined my entire birthday weekend. Due to the filthiness,I had to check out. It was my birthday on the 4th of July, I traveled to the Tampa area from SW Florida and choose this hotel based on the alluring photos which were very misleading. The front desk clerk was rude at check-in. The room did not look like the photos on the website at all. The room was old, The mattress made me cringe. The linens were soiled, it took forever to get replacements from housekeeping. The light was out in the bathroom, I had to call to get this replaced. There was no hot water when I showered that morning and apparent bloodstains were on the shower curtain. I was repulsed and that was it for me! I immediately reported this to the front desk and checked out. Since then I have reached out to the manager regarding my concerns and have not received a response. I am inclined to forward this to the Department of Health as well as Consumer Affairs. Do not waste your time with this location, it is apparent they are not concerned with providing a quality of service to their quests. And cleanliness is not a high priority on their list as well. Do not stay there! Keep your money, I am sorry I wasted mine. This was truly a birthday I'll never forget. And one more thing, the bay view room photo does not show a major highway cutting threw the ocean. That was a surprise as well. I thought I was going to see the Gulf of Mexico.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leslie S
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay. I do apologize that you did not find our newly renovated waterfront room to your satisfaction. Beautifully appointed all tile rooms with Simmons Felicity II (the heavenly) beds. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping staff and have done an individual inspection. We take great care to provide a clean well-maintained property and courteous service. These types of comments are taken very seriously. I apologize as well that the images presented do not indicate there is a causeway providing access to the island and obstructs viewing of Tampa bay.