“Great Place to Stay”

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #103 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I wanted to start by saying that I was very hesitant in staying at this hotel. I read almost all of the reviews about this place, both negative and positive. At the end of the day, I'm so glad that we stayed here. It's not too far from Clearwater. The breakfast was amazing! I wasn't expecting that at all. Our room was very clean and the beds were so comfortable I slept like a baby. I loved the deck over-looking the water and yes you do see the causeway. I saw a lot of people fishing on the desk and there's also dock for people who have boat. But... In my opinion, there are somethings that needs improvement . The internet connection was very slow. They only had basic tv channels. The appliances need to be replaced. I would pay a little bit more if they had better internet connection, better channels and newer appliances. Other than that, great hotel for your money! I would recommend getting the city pass booklet. It's only $119 per adult and $99 per child. The booklet contain 5 attractions like Busch Gardens and Clearwater Marine Aquarium (Home of Winter the dolphin from Dolphin Tale!!). Saves you a lot of money!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for your recent review! We are always pleased to hear when our guests enjoy our beautiful waterfront property! You can be sure we are working to improve wireless speed and we are going room to room updating as quickly as we can. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked (and paid for) a 6 night stay for our 20th wedding anniversary 3+ months in advance, requesting a room close to the dock both online and by phone. When we checked in, we were not near the dock, and we had a scenic view of a construction dumpster. My husband explained to the front desk agent, and they did move us, but not to where I had requested, at least not unless I was willing to pay an additional $50.00 per night ! We called and asked for towels, and it took 2 phone calls and 1 hour and 40 minutes to get them. Plus, I found a previous guests condom wrapper in our bed. I was understanding until this point, and all I got was a "sorry about that" from the front desk, not to mention that I had to track down the housekeeper responsible for our room myself to get clean sheets after finding the condom wrapper. I emailed the General Manager, and although she was polite, I still ended up with just an apology, and a bunch of questions about who I spoke to and when, etc.Our room was not cleaned well at all, the service agents were not helpful, and management was not either...so needless to say, we will never return to this hotel again. Save yourself the headache...go pretty much anywhere else !

Room Tip: Until they remodel and invest in some real maintenance, there is no such thing as a good room here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tlj-hotelreview
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

My apologies that your stay did not exceed expectations. Unfortunately, we do not sell our waterfront/view rooms through third party reservations. Guests preferring to stay in one of our water view or bayfront rooms do so at a slightly higher rate as you might expect and those rooms are available on our website or through our hotel's reservation system. I also apologize that our staff was not able to assist you with your concerns in a manner that was suitable to you. It is always our priority to ensure each guest's satisfaction, comfort and most of all guest experience.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I found this facility to be comfortable from our suite, sitting on the dock visiting, swimming in the pool and visiting with other patrons in one of the relaxing outdoor sitting areas. I had read some of the reviews prior to booking this facility. I do not know where they stayed, but our room was clean, comfortable and ready earlier so we could move right in. The breakfast and evening social were very enjoyable as was the food served. All of the staff were always friendly and willing to assist us. This trip was a personal trip but would recommend this facility to any of my customers coming into town for a meeting with my company.

2  Thank antlerlady

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel! We are so glad you enjoyed our beautiful property and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My family and I stayed hear for a weekend getaway. The Check In Process was easy. Breakfast was your typical Free Hotel Breakfast (Eggs, oatmeal, bagels, cereal, coffee & Juice). Nice Dock on the bay with comfortable chairs to relax at night. (Remember the bug spray). Not sure about the pool we were out and about visiting areas in Tampa and never had a chance to visit the pool. Parking was easy and Checkout was quick. The room was updated with new tile and Area rugs. Had to ask the front desk for addt'l towels as there was 4 people staying in our room and we only had 2 sets of towels. The pull out couch was not comfortable at all. You could feel the springs in them. The Queen size bed was comfortable. But could of used more pillows. We had 4 pillows in the room and all four were flat. Hotel staff was friendly and said hi as you passed them while walking around the hotel complex.

Room Tip: Depends on who you have staying next to you. As the people that stayed next to us were up all night...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to let others know about our property! I appreciate your comments and will be sure to share with my Executive Housekeeper as your comments help us to better provide a more comfortable stay to future guests.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I had a great stay there. The staff was very accommodating, made sure I had fresh towels when requested. The dock was very peaceful!! The pool was refreshing and would recommend this facility to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience! We are always glad to hear when our guests enjoy our great property. We hope you will keep us in mind for your next stay!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Nice place, Great location to the airport, however, property could use some maintainence improvements to the structure, grounds and units. Roomy for families and the breakfast each day was a welcomed addition.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments and suggestions! We are working very hard to update every area of this property and take all of our guests reviews very seriously. We hope to see you again in the very near future!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Beautiful room on the bay with microwave, big refrigerator and dishwasher. Clean room and good service. The pool is small and the safe is at the reception but apart from that, the studio we had was perfect.

Room Tip: ask for a room close to the bay if you want to be able to see the water
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to share your experience! We hope to have you back with us again soon!!!